Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM

8,774 posts, read 10,184,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You mean Areanas, Turkolu has been there since 2007 and been one of their best players on the floor. I remember him hitting a winning three pointer in 2007 to knock the sixers out the playoffs.
Hedo left the Magic after the '09 Finals. Was brought back in that blockbuster trade December 2010.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/sp...l/19trade.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 11:41 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,311,069 times
Van Gundy's a decent coach. Don't know if he's what I would call great, but he has clearly had success, even if there have been some occasional failures along the way.

The problem with Van Gundy is that he flips out in public. He sometimes can't take the heat and comes unglued, and it makes you wonder what happens behind closed doors. If veteran players see his act enough, it probably becomes a tired act after a while. Orlando was expected to go places the last few years, and they just haven't. That's not all the coach's fault, but he has to look like he's in control, and I'm guessing that there have been times when that's just not the case.

None of that dismisses some of the concerns that have been raised about Dwight Howard. Look, everyone knows that he has incredible talent, but can he play within a team and work with a team-oriented concept? Legit questions that need to be answered. Will be interesting to see who the next coach is, and what ultimately happens to Howard.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:50 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,838,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Van Gundy's a decent coach. Don't know if he's what I would call great, but he has clearly had success, even if there have been some occasional failures along the way.

The problem with Van Gundy is that he flips out in public. He sometimes can't take the heat and comes unglued, and it makes you wonder what happens behind closed doors. If veteran players see his act enough, it probably becomes a tired act after a while. Orlando was expected to go places the last few years, and they just haven't. That's not all the coach's fault, but he has to look like he's in control, and I'm guessing that there have been times when that's just not the case.

None of that dismisses some of the concerns that have been raised about Dwight Howard. Look, everyone knows that he has incredible talent, but can he play within a team and work with a team-oriented concept? Legit questions that need to be answered. Will be interesting to see who the next coach is, and what ultimately happens to Howard.

Can't see him going to a losing team because he will be snapping out every night

Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 AM

758 posts, read 1,230,877 times
Firing Stan is a very stupid move!

Very happy about Otis getting fired!

The only 3 things on my mind right now is:

1. Who will the Magic hire as coach?
2. Who will the Magic Hire as general manager?
3. Will Dwight get traded, leave in free agency or sign a extension with the Magic?

Old 05-22-2012, 03:18 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,530,105 times
The Magic are pretty much the definition of a dysfunctional organization at this point, with even the Warriors and Cavaliers having brighter futures. I get the feeling Smith took orders from the top and is being scapegoated, and SVG isn't the type to play "company man" when it's BS.
I personally don't care where Howard ends up at this point, because with his attitude, he'll never be a champion.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,182,012 times
Quote:
A link to the story was posted
And so where several others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Firing Stan is a very stupid move!

Very happy about Otis getting fired!

The only 3 things on my mind right now is:

1. Who will the Magic hire as coach?
2. Who will the Magic Hire as general manager?
3. Will Dwight get traded, leave in free agency or sign a extension with the Magic?
Firing Stan is stupid how?

1. I hope they hire somebody young, to relate to our players (Young). Some one who will focus more on our inside presence rather than our outside shooting.
2. Good question, hope it's not Addonal Foyal.
3. Trade his ass! Get em out of here!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:12 PM

Two Players the Magic need to get rid of due to inconsistency is Jameer Nelson and Jason Richardson

Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 PM

758 posts, read 1,230,877 times
Quote:
Two Players the Magic need to get rid of due to inconsistency is Jameer Nelson and Jason Richardson
I agree about Jason but I would hate to see Jameer go but I have to agree, he used to be great but went downhill since

Old 05-24-2012, 05:30 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,310,222 times
Surprisingly, Shaq being looked at as GM. I figured Shaq would be looking to make a move, since he's so lousy and such a drag as a TV analyst.

I'd like to see Richardson go to. Jason Richardson is not consistent and as an aside, he has the phoniest smile I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of phony smiles here in the bay area (since the humor is so bad here).

Not surprised about SVG.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Surprisingly, Shaq being looked at as GM. I figured Shaq would be looking to make a move, since he's so lousy and such a drag as a TV analyst.

I'd like to see Richardson go to. Jason Richardson is not consistent and as an aside, he has the phoniest smile I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of phony smiles here in the bay area (since the humor is so bad here).

Not surprised about SVG.
Shaq does not have the intelligence to be a General manager and for the media to even mention this means the NBA is becoming a JOKE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball