U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,889,227 times

Advertisements

im indifferent towards the spurs but growing up playing basketball and as a basketball fan in general i appreciate how they play ball. can't convince average nba fan that this team is fun to watch but whatever. their play reminds me a lot of the old jazz teams with malone and stockton, the passing and pick and roll execution is always on point. sucks for the jazz that the g.o.a.t had to shatter their dreams. the next nba champion is coming from the western conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lots of Thunder fans would disagree with you since Brooks couldn't help his team extend that 9 point lead at the beginning of the 4th qtr.
So now you speak for thunder fans? FYI I was IN Oklahoma during the game last night, and everyone I saw/talked to love everything about that team INCLUDING Scott brooks! They don't jump to conclusions or jump the gun like some people around here. They are not mad at their coach considering their team lost a hard fought 3 point game on the road to the higher seed who has just swept 2 teams and are on a 19 game win streak.

Moral victory knowing they were (this) close to stealing home court.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So now you speak for thunder fans? FYI I was IN Oklahoma during the game last night, and everyone I saw/talked to love everything about that team INCLUDING Scott brooks! They don't jump to conclusions or jump the gun like some people around here. They are not mad at their coach considering their team lost a hard fought 3 point game on the road to the higher seed who has just swept 2 teams and are on a 19 game win streak.

Moral victory knowing they were (this) close to stealing home court.

Now you know that final score was not the real story of the game. The Thunder made some three's during garbage time which made the score look a lot closer than it really was

Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
The fact it was a 3 point game and not a 20 point loss is huge in a situation like this.

Now your trying to nit pick the topic. I'm done good night.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The fact it was a 3 point game and not a 20 point loss is huge in a situation like this.

Now your trying to nit pick the topic. I'm done good night.

They are no moral victories in the WCF which is something you need to understand. Good night to you too

Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 AM

432 posts, read 792,774 times
Found these amusing...

Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
How did scott brooks even become a NBA coach? He was a bench player for the sixers and rockets and not all that good so I'm still he was able to become a NBA coach?
FYI, look down the list of all-time great coaches and you'll find that quite a number of them weren't exactly superstar NBA players in their day. In fact, Gregg Poppovich, generally considered the best NBA coach for a number of years now, never played in the NBA.

There's also examples of historically great players making for lousy coaches and/or team GMs. Michael Jordan sucks as a GM, for one....

Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 AM

740 posts, read 1,841,724 times
Default Spurs-Thunder Game 1

Posted this in the Playoff thread yesterday morning, but didn't realize people stopped reading that.

================================================== =====
Watching it in person is much different from watching it on TV. Don't know who sang the Star-Spangled Banner (I thought of Boyz II Men, even though there were six of them on the court). I might be the only Spurs fan that applauded when Durant, Westbrook, Fisher, Collison, Ibaka and the Beard made their shots.

This wasn't the Spurs' best performance, even though they won (finally taking the lead at 4th quarter. The turnovers at half-time was disheartening: 14 (compared to OKC's 4). If the Spurs win game 2, they have the advantage going into games 3 & 4.

On a side note, pro-wrestler Shawn "Heartbreak Kid" Michaels was invited on the court to briefly address the audience. Sadly, I didn't snap any pictures.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times
So.... the Spurs aren't exciting?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:17 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
So.... the Spurs aren't exciting?
People call the spurs boring because tim duncan is the face of the franchise. And since he is a reserved type of guy when people think spurs they think boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball