Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Meh,it's 2-0 spurs. Can you envision OKC beating them 4 out of the 5 remaining games?

Yeah....thought not.
I'm not sure because Durant and Westbrook are scary good and they won't go away that easily which should be evident in how they fought back last night after falling down by 20. Most teams would have gave up and lost by 30. The Thunder kept fighting and came back and lost by 9 which means they will be pumped in OKC.

I hope I'm wrong because I hate OKC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Im sure the Thunder will win a game or two more, but the Spurs are loaded and playing well.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Thunder still can tie this series up. That lineup in the 4th qt last night should help alot with Ibaka and Collison. I have a feeling Perkins will be on the bench alot...personally, he doesn't fit in this series. He was best used in the Lakers series against a bigger slow guy like Bynum, but he is useless in this series. I would play a quicker Nazi Mohammed over him who can at least hit a jumper. The lack of depth is showing though....KD, Harden, and Westb are gonna have to keep playing insane minutes to even have a chance of trying to tie this series up.

Gotta admit the Spurs are a thing of beauty. The extra passes, cutters to the rim, unselfish ball really is what team sports is all about.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm not sure because Durant and Westbrook are scary good and they won't go away that easily which should be evident in how they fought back last night after falling down by 20. Most teams would have gave up and lost by 30. The Thunder kept fighting and came back and lost by 9 which means they will be pumped in OKC.

Being pumped doesn't always equate to winning though. Vegas is only giving the Thunder -3 for game 3. That's not much respect at home for a very good team. Having said that the pressure for the Thunder to actually beat San Antonio will be beyond enormous tomorrow night. Which is why IMO they will fail in the end. The Thunder have of course proved that they can win a close game but not against a team of the caliber of the Spurs. And yes I also see an exciting race to the finish for tomorrow's game 3 with San Antonio coming out on top.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,384 times
The spurs are light years ahead of the thunder, or any other team in the league.

I almost think they could win it in 5. Split the home games in Oklahoma and win one back home? Very possible.

-I think the spurs have really gone under the radar this season....with jeremy lin, lebron, derek rose, etc. They seem to have taken everyone by surprise in the last 20-30 games, even themselves by surprise!

I was looking up Tim Duncans numbers the other day,

Number 7 all time on career playoff scoring!! Ahead of Bird, Olajuwon, Magic. Pippen. Chamberlain.

Near all time on career playoff blocks.

Could win a 4th Finals MVP. That's insane. Second only to Jordan's 6. If they win it this year, Duncan has to move up on the top 10-15 players of all time list. That would be an interesting discussion, debate.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post

Could win a 4th Finals MVP. That's insane. Second only to Jordan's 6. If they win it this year, Duncan has to move up on the top 10-15 players of all time list. That would be an interesting discussion, debate.
Top 10-15? I got him between 7 and 9 on my all time list:

Jordan
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
Hakeem

Now, Im leaning toward Duncan over Shaq, especially if he wins ring no. 5. There's already a case to be made, Shaqs sheer dominance in his prime puts him over the top, but for longevity it's just as valid to say Duncan should be ranked over him.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Top 10-15? I got him between 7 and 9 on my all time list:

Jordan
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
Hakeem

Now, Im leaning toward Duncan over Shaq, especially if he wins ring no. 5. There's already a case to be made, Shaqs sheer dominance in his prime puts him over the top, but for longevity it's just as valid to say Duncan should be ranked over him.
i would put him over shaq already if nothing else because he isnt a media ***** lol. i would change the order of some of your picks but not much. just speaking of duncan, i would personally put him in an "A/B" situation with larry legend over shaq. ring 5 would IMO make him the "A". IF he got that MVP (not likely though the heat dont have anyone to slow him down in the finals) then he moves above larry for the simple fact larrys teams where stacked with all time greats while duncans teams have one 1st ballot (manu) and one second ballot (tony at this point) and david on 2 teams. in other words he accomplished so much with a lot less.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:38 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

they where "scary good" and put up great numbers BUT the3 of them showed they cant gut out the win themselves. they need help from elsewhere, or they need the spurs to beat themselves which doesnt happen often. game one the spurs tried to beat themselves, i wouldnt expect that to happen again. the thunder need one or 2 more guys to truly contribute, but they showed their true colors in game 2.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:40 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Being pumped doesn't always equate to winning though. Vegas is only giving the Thunder -3 for game 3. That's not much respect at home for a very good team. Having said that the pressure for the Thunder to actually beat San Antonio will be beyond enormous tomorrow night. Which is why IMO they will fail in the end. The Thunder have of course proved that they can win a close game but not against a team of the caliber of the Spurs. And yes I also see an exciting race to the finish for tomorrow's game 3 with San Antonio coming out on top.
People usually say a -3 spread for a home team is essentially making it a pick em. That is a testament to how good the Spurs are looking right now.

I agree that the pressure is all on the OKC, but even if the pressure was on SA, Im not sure they would feel it. They just seem like a perfect machine of execution right now.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i would put him over shaq already if nothing else because he isnt a media ***** lol. i would change the order of some of your picks but not much. just speaking of duncan, i would personally put him in an "A/B" situation with larry legend over shaq. ring 5 would IMO make him the "A". IF he got that MVP (not likely though the heat dont have anyone to slow him down in the finals) then he moves above larry for the simple fact larrys teams where stacked with all time greats while duncans teams have one 1st ballot (manu) and one second ballot (tony at this point) and david on 2 teams. in other words he accomplished so much with a lot less.
The order of my picks changes from time to time, it's just so subjective and based on so many factors. Ask me tomorrow, and I may have Shaq over Bird, ask me next week and I'll have Russell over Kareem. A lot of people mainly look at his Laker days when judging his career, but Shaq had 13-15 seasons of absolute dominance: what I don't like is how he bounced around in his last 5 years, ring chasing.

My next 20 are something like this:

West
Oscar
Moses
Dr. J
Karl Malone
Garnett
Baylor
Barkley
Admiral
Lebron
Isiah
Stockton
Dirk
Havlicek
Wade
Pippen
Ewing
Kidd
Drexler
Payton

Now some of those are highly subjective, and can be debated ad naseum. Ultimately I always have Jordan at the top, after that rankings get a wee bit more difficult.

Last edited by Roman77; 05-31-2012 at 07:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball