U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:31 PM

14,323 posts, read 19,869,299 times

Advertisements

I don't care for that ball hog Westbrook. The little cocky guy takes more shot attempts per game than anyone else in the league with the exception of fellow ball hog, Carmelo. Westbrook likes to launch himself towards the basket far too often, forgetting that he has teammates. His selfishness seems at times to be at odds with Durant who scores with far more ease. Westbrook also works too damn hard to get his points, so I expect him to wear down over the course of the series. Durant I respect. I have absolutely no respect for Harden's game. Any man who looks like the Unabomber can't possibly be taken seriously as an NBA player. Thunder essentially a 2-man team. This was enough to beat the 1-man team that the Lakers represented.

Not enough to beat the Spurs, who are a COMPLETE team. Spurs play with great balance. Spurs are more intelligent, have better chemistry, are unselfish in their play, better coached, and more talented as a team. Spurs also have the championship pedigree.

Spurs take this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
JL

7,384 posts, read 12,146,790 times
I'm rooting for the Thunder to win, but i have to be realistic. I think the Spurs will win in 7 games, possibly 6. Spurs have too much depth. I guess only Orangeish and myself rooting for the Thunder. Anyone think this series is gonna be a shootout? Both teams averaging 100 pts/game?

Last edited by JL; 05-22-2012 at 08:31 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM

432 posts, read 808,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I don't care for that ball hog Westbrook. The little cocky guy takes more shot attempts per game than anyone else in the league with the exception of fellow ball hog, Carmelo. Westbrook likes to launch himself towards the basket far too often, forgetting that he has teammates. His selfishness seems at times to be at odds with Durant who scores with far more ease. Westbrook also works too damn hard to get his points, so I expect him to wear down over the course of the series. Durant I respect. I have absolutely no respect for Harden's game. Any man who looks like the Unabomber can't possibly be taken seriously as an NBA player. Thunder essentially a 2-man team. This was enough to beat the 1-man team that the Lakers represented.

Not enough to beat the Spurs, who are a COMPLETE team. Spurs play with great balance. Spurs are more intelligent, have better chemistry, are unselfish in their play, better coached, and more talented as a team. Spurs also have the championship pedigree.

Spurs take this one.
Great post!

Even though I think you were a little hard on Harden ha

I put my Spurs at 6, really think this is our year. That being said, glad this series is finally here. We pretty much knew it would come down to these two in the end.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 AM

14,323 posts, read 19,869,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Side_TX View Post
Great post!

Even though I think you were a little hard on Harden ha

I put my Spurs at 6, really think this is our year. That being said, glad this series is finally here. We pretty much knew it would come down to these two in the end.
Yes I was hard on Harden, but for the love of God. I can't get by that guy's look. It's as if he's a closet Unabomber, trying to connect with his Mohawk roots but at the same planning to succeed bin Laden and start a serious Jihad. Championship pedigree he's not.

Go Spurs.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,467,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I'm rooting for the Thunder to win, but i have to be realistic. I think the Spurs will win in 7 games, possibly 6. Spurs have too much depth. I guess only Orangeish and myself rooting for the Thunder. Anyone think this series is gonna be a shootout? Both teams averaging 100 pts/game?
I echo this post... I pick the Spurs but will root for the Thunder because I want to see Durant vs Lebron in the Finals!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM

54,157 posts, read 43,345,861 times
Quote:
I don't care for that ball hog Westbrook. The little cocky guy takes more shot attempts per game than anyone else in the league with the exception of fellow ball hog, Carmelo.
Why am I not shocked that you gave Kobe a free pass here.

He took almost 4 more shots a game in the regular season and 5.5 more per game in the playoffs than Westbrook. Regular season Kobe shot 15% more than the 2nd highest on the list.

2011-12 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - Field Goals - National Basketball Association - ESPN

2011-12 Postseason NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - Field Goals - National Basketball Association - ESPN

P.S. Kobe shoots a lower FG% than westbrook too....and you called westbrook a "ball hog".

Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,961,255 times
Heck I'll say Thunder in 6, if they're going to beat the Spurs it will be on their home floor in the 6th game, because I don't see them beating SA in a game seven on the road.

Disclaimer: Realistically I expect SA to win, but seeing as the majority are voting for SA in six, I may as side with the minority for ****s and giggles.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,092,207 times
Quote:
Yes I was hard on Harden, but for the love of God. I can't get by that guy's look. It's as if he's a closet Unabomber, trying to connect with his Mohawk roots but at the same planning to succeed bin Laden and start a serious Jihad. Championship pedigree he's not.

Go Spurs.
That does it, Tom Brady is a lousy quarterback because one or two of his haircuts have been questionable.

But in reality James Harden is one of the most efficient, natural, technically-sound ballers the league has seen in recent years. He isn't much on D, that is his only weakness.

The Spurs are the easy pick, surely favored to win in 5 or 6 games. But I think the Thunder are a worthy upset pick. They are getting good performances by most on their roster, and have a little more talent and athleticism than the Spurs. They are healthy, fresh and playing as a team.

If the Thunder has learned from the Dallas series last year; especially to know that bad offense can lead to bad defense, they can get thru to the finals.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,085,424 times
Same here, Harden looks like a fake a$$ black jesus.

Westbrook looks like the Grinch.

Durant looks like a starved hooligan.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:11 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,468,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Same here, Harden looks like a fake a$$ black jesus.

Westbrook looks like the Grinch.

Durant looks like a starved hooligan.
Insightful analysis, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball