U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:52 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,212,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Just as long as ya got the SPURS winning, I'm happy with your prediction.

I said 6 and I knew that if the Spurs had to lose this game, it would NOT be by 20 f**king points like Thursday. I'm very sure Pop had some words....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 07:08 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,167,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The spurs now have a new streak, 2 losses in a row.
lol.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 AM

740 posts, read 1,843,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Once again, notice that when cro-magnon Westbrook is not taking more shot attempts than anybody else in the building, the Thunder do better.
What OKC's big 3 did was impressive. Now if they can repeat that in games 5 & 6...

Regarding the officiating, I noticed in 1st quarter one of Stephen Jackson's shot wasn't counted even though the shot was made (IIRC) before the whistle. I also thought he wasn't going to get his free throw (which he did get) for the foul.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,372,551 times
If you believe in the refs rigging this, at least that guarantees a game 7...

Old 06-03-2012, 09:35 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Just as long as ya got the SPURS winning, I'm happy with your prediction.

I said 6 and I knew that if the Spurs had to lose this game, it would NOT be by 20 f**king points like Thursday. I'm very sure Pop had some words....
I have a new found respect for you, as you are still here actually commenting and not whining or making excuses.

Can't say the same for The rest of the Spurs Pundits around here as they are predictably absent... *crickets*

Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,211,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I have a new found respect for you, as you are still here actually commenting and not whining or making excuses.

Can't say the same for The rest of the Spurs Pundits around here as they are predictably absent... *crickets*
nope! we are still here. just early on a sunday morning.
i picked the spurs in 6. i picked a game 3 and 5 loss but ill take a 1/2/5/6 game wins.

i dont generally make excuses or complain but last night the refs where terrible. blatantly bad. they where so bad that one of them tried to give jackson an offensive foul on a shot and the call was SO BAD that another ref was smart enough to say thats to obvious. then it took them nearly a full minute to give him the 2 points and the FT shot. or the obvious goal tend on ibaka. or the foul on manu for knocking the ball from harden, but tony spent half the game on his ass. as did tim duncan.

it was arguably one of the 5 worst officiated games i have seen to date. you would think the refs where back to the 2006 heat/mavs series.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,219,112 times
Everyone laughed because I couldn't decide on this series. I thought that OKC had as good a chance as anyone. The experts, many people on C-D, etc had OKC buried already. I was thinking the whole time, just wait, OKC is going to tie the series, and whala, that's what happened. I'm no bandwagoner, and no one has won anything yet. But, I knew this wasn't going to be a complete domination by the Spurs. In fact, I was and am still leading towards OKC winning this. But having home court advantage, it will be very difficult for them. It doesn't matter either way. If the Spurs win, I can live with that. I wouldn't mind seeing Duncan get a fifth ring. I love his humility and I love coach Pop. My two favorite coaches in the league are Pop and Doc Rivers. I love that guy, he is cool as sh t, and I just have the utmost respect for him or those two to be exact. Classy guys. Now it's a three game series, and I still can't say for sure who will win. This series is going seven games that I will say.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:47 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,402,723 times
If the Spurs lose game 5 this will be the biggest choke since 2004 when they lost to the Lakers after being up 2-0 in the series

Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 PM

297 posts, read 340,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the Spurs lose game 5 this will be the biggest choke since 2004 when they lost to the Lakers after being up 2-0 in the series
I wouldn't call it a choke unless they were up 3-0. Most people saw this series as very close and tight and going 6-7 games. So far it has gone mostly as expected with each team controlling their home court.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,402,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
I wouldn't call it a choke unless they were up 3-0. Most people saw this series as very close and tight and going 6-7 games. So far it has gone mostly as expected with each team controlling their home court.

Losing 4 games in a row after leading 2-0 is called a CHOKE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball