U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times
Reputation: 7005

Advertisements

BTW, first time the Spurs lost THREE in a row all season.

..... couldn't have come at a worse time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Reputation: 9451
(mod edit-quote deleted)

I do think it's time to start looking toward the future after a loss like this. The Big 3 is not getting any younger and Duncan will be 37 next season. I mean you have to rebuild at some point especially after a collapse like this. Manu was the only who came to play tonight so maybe they can hold on to him but they definitely have to make changes.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-05-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Reputation: 32403
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I do think it's time to start looking toward the future after a loss like this. The Big 3 is not getting any younger and Duncan will be 37 next season. I mean you have to rebuild at some point especially after a collapse like this. Manu was the only who came to play tonight so maybe they can hold on to him but they definitely have to make changes.
Nah, Duncan is only 32 and besides it's not his fault....it's everyone else on the team....and the coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
927 posts, read 1,209,549 times
Reputation: 476
I've got news for everybody. This series is not over. Yes OKC has proven to be more effective than San Antonio during these last three games but you don't win a best of seven series with three wins. The media and others may have already crowned the Thunder WC Champions but I'm going to hold back for another few days. If there is one team that can defeat the Thunder two times in a row it's the Spurs. San Antonio will have to put up two masterpieces to pull it off but it is not impossible for them to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
Reputation: 7198
Thunder's athleticism , but mostly defense surprised even me...i saw stretches of it late in the Lakers series, but they played high level D for most of this game. Just clutch shots by Harden...Durant was on even keel and Westb played well though there was a few consecutive possessions where he was trying to do hero ball...he did get 12 ast...OKC got after loose balls, stripped the ball from the Spurs when driving to the paint, etc...

Most of all is their poise under pressure...they sure grew up big time in this game. Still another game to be played and the Spurs will fight pretty hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I've got news for everybody. This series is not over. Yes OKC has proven to be more effective than San Antonio during these last three games but you don't win a best of seven series with three wins. The media and others may have already crowned the Thunder WC Champions but I'm going to hold back for another few days. If there is one team that can defeat the Thunder two times in a row it's the Spurs. San Antonio will have to put up two masterpieces to pull it off but it is not impossible for them to do so.
After what happened in Games 3 and 4 in OKC, do you honestly think that the Thunder will go home and lose in Game 6? Come on now. The Spurs have lost their confidence and now the Thunder have all the momentum on their side
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:07 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nah, Duncan is only 32 and besides it's not his fault....it's everyone else on the team....and the coach.
Tim Duncan was born in 1976 which makes him 36
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
927 posts, read 1,209,549 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
After what happened in Games 3 and 4 in OKC, do you honestly think that the Thunder will go home and lose in Game 6? Come on now. The Spurs have lost their confidence and now the Thunder have all the momentum on their side
I meant what I said, yes. I also believe that the odds are very heavily against the Spurs dropping four in a row. Yes OKC has been hot but they are also very beatable. Does anyone recall games 1 and 2? San Antonio was going to have to win in OKC anyway to capture the series after dropping game 5. So game 6 will be that opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:21 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I meant what I said, yes. I also believe that the odds are very heavily against the Spurs dropping four in a row. Yes OKC has been hot but they are also very beatable. Does anyone recall games 1 and 2? San Antonio was going to have to win in OKC anyway to capture the series after dropping game 5. So game 6 will be that opportunity.
It won't be easy for OKC to close out the Spurs. The thing is that OKC knows this game 6 is for a berth in the Finals. They are gonna put it all out there just like the Spurs. I think it will be another close game, not a blow out like my friends have been telling me tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I meant what I said, yes. I also believe that the odds are very heavily against the Spurs dropping four in a row. Yes OKC has been hot but they are also very beatable. Does anyone recall games 1 and 2? San Antonio was going to have to win in OKC anyway to capture the series after dropping game 5. So game 6 will be that opportunity.
The Thunder is undefeated at home in the playoffs and have all the mometum and i just don't see how they lose Game 6. I do recall that OKC had Game 1 in their pocket before the Spurs game back and won. So basically the Spurs have been outplayed in all the games of the series except for game 2. That's why I felt it was si important for the Spurs to win a game in OKC because if the series was tied at 2-2 Okc would have more confidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top