U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Wow.... you were ridin' their d**ks just a couple days ago.

I was thinking the same thing... But he is praising them so much now that it actually confused me and I wasn't sure anymore. Lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,185,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I was thinking the same thing... But he is praising them so much now that it actually confused me and I wasn't sure anymore. Lol...
I'm guessing flip/flopping is ok now?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm guessing flip/flopping is ok now?
I'm allowed to post my feelings about how the series has turned in the past week. And for a team to be so dominant and lose 3 in a row all of a sudden is the definition of a choke whether you wanna believe it or not. I state what is happening in a playoff series and no one can argue that this will go down as the biggest choke in spurs history if they lose this series for the reasons below

1. they were two wins away from the finals

2. They had won 20 in a row

Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 AM

411 posts, read 269,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I've got news for everybody. This series is not over. Yes OKC has proven to be more effective than San Antonio during these last three games but you don't win a best of seven series with three wins. The media and others may have already crowned the Thunder WC Champions but I'm going to hold back for another few days. If there is one team that can defeat the Thunder two times in a row it's the Spurs. San Antonio will have to put up two masterpieces to pull it off but it is not impossible for them to do so.
This is true but OKC hasn't lost at home all season if I recall.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 AM

411 posts, read 269,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
This is true but OKC hasn't lost at home all season if I recall.
Sorry, I meant in the playoffs, lol.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 AM

740 posts, read 1,842,401 times
I'll give credit where credit is due. OKC was the better team last night. They deserve to win. Spurs were disappointing. Missed 11 consecutive FG attempts in first half, that's . If OKC wins this series, that's three championship holders they defeated in the playoff rounds. My support will remain on the WCF winner. For now, it's still Spurs. If OKC wins, I'm going for Thunder to win it all.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,569,348 times
Yeah, if the Spurs would've had a solid first half, they probably would've won.

SA played a good second half, but they still didn't deserve to be in that game late. With OKC up by 11, Russell Westbrook proceeded to turn the ball over 3 times in a row. All 3 of them UNFORCED. Double dribble, then offensive foul, then Backcourt.

I know you can't blame the Spurs for taking advantage of what was given to them. But San Antonio didn't "earn" their way back into that game, it was more of Russell giving them the game. He's super talented and having a great post-season overall, but sometimes Westbrook checks out of games for a few minutes.

If Westbrook would've gotten the ball to Durant on those 3 straight turnover possessions, OKC wins by 8+.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,162,521 times
Ill go ahead and make my prediction now! OKC in 6. "it's a wrap"

Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 AM

51,958 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Thunder's athleticism , but mostly defense surprised even me...i saw stretches of it late in the Lakers series, but they played high level D for most of this game. Just clutch shots by Harden...Durant was on even keel and Westb played well though there was a few consecutive possessions where he was trying to do hero ball...he did get 12 ast...OKC got after loose balls, stripped the ball from the Spurs when driving to the paint, etc...

Most of all is their poise under pressure...they sure grew up big time in this game. Still another game to be played and the Spurs will fight pretty hard.
Great post. The main reason I picked the Spurs to win the series is that I was unsure that OKC had enough playoff seasoning as a team. I readily admitted that they had the guys, just maybe not quite this year.

A hard-fought WCF, we all know the Spurs will bring it for game 6 and the fan energy in OKC will be an amazing thing to see. You have to respect their fan energy and enthusiasm.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:42 AM

51,958 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yeah, if the Spurs would've had a solid first half, they probably would've won.

SA played a good second half, but they still didn't deserve to be in that game late. With OKC up by 11, Russell Westbrook proceeded to turn the ball over 3 times in a row. All 3 of them UNFORCED. Double dribble, then offensive foul, then Backcourt.

I know you can't blame the Spurs for taking advantage of what was given to them. But San Antonio didn't "earn" their way back into that game, it was more of Russell giving them the game. He's super talented and having a great post-season overall, but sometimes Westbrook checks out of games for a few minutes.

If Westbrook would've gotten the ball to Durant on those 3 straight turnover possessions, OKC wins by 8+.
Yeah, Westbrook was my only other concern. He keeps trying to be the "star" and get's wild from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball