U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times

Advertisements

Man, OKC four straight over the Spurs? Never saw that one coming. Can we pencil them in as this year's champs, because I don't see either Miami or Boston beating them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,973,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The Spurs are the easy pick, surely favored to win in 5 or 6 games. But I think the Thunder are a worthy upset pick. They are getting good performances by most on their roster, and have a little more talent and athleticism than the Spurs. They are healthy, fresh and playing as a team.

If the Thunder has learned from the Dallas series last year; especially to know that bad offense can lead to bad defense, they can get thru to the finals.
OK peeps, this is my post from 5/23 made before the series started. Reputation clicks are encouraged

Old 06-07-2012, 07:04 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,425,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Man, OKC four straight over the Spurs? Never saw that one coming. Can we pencil them in as this year's champs, because I don't see either Miami or Boston beating them.
We might be able to do more than that....with their youth & talent, they could be the next NBA dynasty.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,005,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
I saw a lot of flopping from the Spurs. Were there bad calls? Sure there were, on both sides of the ball. But for a player to whine about the calls being the reason they lost four in a row is classless. That seems to be the spurs mantra. They need to get over it and just admit they were beaten by a superior team. Were the Thunder bitching and moaning about bad officiating when they were down 2-0?
Ginobilli flops a lot, doesn't he?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post

Probably... Cause Durant and Westbrook look like the new Jordan & Pippen! Unlike... Lebron & Wade.

But I'm still rooting for a Lebron vs Durant finals.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM

411 posts, read 269,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
BULL!
look, your team won, they played well, BUT the officials in both game 4 and 6 where some of the worst in the entire playoffs. arguably as bad a wade living at the line in 2006.
there are to many examples to point out so im gonna take one and leave it at that. steven jackson got a tech for staring at mo cheeks who was screaming at jack while he was shooting a 3. fisher hit a 3 about 12-15 minutes later and immediately blew a kiss and a wink at the spurs but no tech for taunting on that one.

and talk about flopping, harden learned everything he knows from manu tape, and he is quickly surpassing the master, and fisher learned from vlade so you dont want to go there.

bottom line, the spurs are the class of the league, the thunder are building on what presti learned from the spurs, and they play everything nearly the exact same way. if your going to bash the spurs then you are all but bashing the thunder on the same token.

all that said, good luck to the thunder, i hope they play the celtics.
Calm down Francis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
We might be able to do more than that....with their youth & talent, they could be the next NBA dynasty.
For some reason, I see Westbrook bolting. I know he just signed an extension, but something tells me he's going to want his own team. I'm hoping they all keep their egos in check and realize they have the makings of something special. I mean, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, are all 22-23 years old. Are you kidding me?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Probably... Cause Durant and Westbrook look like the new Jordan & Pippen! Unlike... Lebron & Wade.

But I'm still rooting for a Lebron vs Durant finals.
The Durant and Westbrook partnership is far more organic than Lebron and Wade. Durant/Westbrook have played their entire careers together and had a chance to learn each other's strengths and weaknesses in a natural way. I'm hoping to see that relationship mature.

Lebron and Wade, on the other hand, are two individual alpha stars who played 8 seasons separately, and are having to force themselves into acclimating to each other, which has led to many occasions of 'my turn, your turn' ball instead of a true synergy. They've shown occasions of actually playing 'off each other', but it's definitely a different sort of relationship.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
I am now pulling for the HEAT because this is the only team left who can compete with the Thunder. I want the Heat to beat Boston 2 in a row and face the Thunder.

And then the Thunder will be pressured to win the first two games in OKC because they will have 3 straight games in Miami.

No way in hell would boston be any kind of challenge for OKC and would get swept

Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times
Good call john kerry

Old 06-07-2012, 10:57 AM

51,991 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Congratulations to OKC. They overcame 20pts down int he first half and 15 at half time.

Why do they have to pin this on the Spurs? OKC played brilliantly and hit shot after shot afert shot.

Hats off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball