U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:05 PM

758 posts, read 1,055,604 times

Advertisements

Celtics-Thunder Finals=Boston wins in 5 games
Heat-Thunder Finals=Thunder wins in 6 games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 07:20 PM

4,741 posts, read 3,695,606 times
I really thought San Antone was going to waltz past OKC after those first two games, but OKC really proved that they have come of age. I don't think they're going to lose. They are the most talented team in the NBA right now; it has been a question of whether they had the teamwork skills to put it all together. I think beating San Antonio pretty much answers that question.

Boston and Miami would present different challenges that may take time to figure out. If I'm OKC, I would rather take my chances against the older, slower Celtics, for the same reason that they probably would have preferred taking on the Spurs. A team can prepare for schemes, but it cannot prepare for athletic superiority. A team can take advantage of breakdowns in transition and rotating the defenders, but if an athletic team is doing all of those fundamental things well, then there's not much else that can be done to overcome a team like OKC. Boston does have size, and they or Miami would easily be the most physical of any of the teams they've faced (L.A. was physical, but the Eastern teams are more so). It might take a game or two to adjust to the grinding styles of play, but they'd overcome that over time.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 PM

30,326 posts, read 16,355,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's hard to give credit when the refs play a HUGE role in changing the momentum
You and Skip Bayless this morning on that theme. I agree to an extent - esp on the Ginobili foul on Harden when Leonard hit the 3.

Bayless makes Stephen A. look normal.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 PM

758 posts, read 1,055,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I really thought San Antone was going to waltz past OKC after those first two games, but OKC really proved that they have come of age. I don't think they're going to lose. They are the most talented team in the NBA right now; it has been a question of whether they had the teamwork skills to put it all together. I think beating San Antonio pretty much answers that question.

Boston and Miami would present different challenges that may take time to figure out. If I'm OKC, I would rather take my chances against the older, slower Celtics, for the same reason that they probably would have preferred taking on the Spurs. A team can prepare for schemes, but it cannot prepare for athletic superiority. A team can take advantage of breakdowns in transition and rotating the defenders, but if an athletic team is doing all of those fundamental things well, then there's not much else that can be done to overcome a team like OKC. Boston does have size, and they or Miami would easily be the most physical of any of the teams they've faced (L.A. was physical, but the Eastern teams are more so). It might take a game or two to adjust to the grinding styles of play, but they'd overcome that over time.
I dunno, I do not see how a old Boston team can defeat a young Thunder team but I still stand with my predication that Boston will defeat Thunder in 5 games due to their defense

Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 PM
FBJ

39,606 posts, read 51,376,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You and Skip Bayless this morning on that theme. I agree to an extent - esp on the Ginobili foul on Harden when Leonard hit the 3.

Bayless makes Stephen A. look normal.

Refs control the flow of the game.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM

3,487 posts, read 3,227,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Celtics-Thunder Finals=Boston wins in 5 games
Heat-Thunder Finals=Thunder wins in 6 games
I like the Celtics defense but it took them 7 games to put away the Sixers, I can't see them putting away the Thunder in 5 but anythings possible.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:52 PM

8,500 posts, read 10,732,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I like the Celtics defense but it took them 7 games to put away the Sixers, I can't see them putting away the Thunder in 5 but anythings possible.
I would think it would be more of the opposite quite frankly, with the Thunder beating the Celtics in 5 games.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I would think it would be more of the opposite quite frankly, with the Thunder beating the Celtics in 5 games.

The Celtics won't be there so they won't have to worry about getting their butts kicked. They are losing 2 in a row.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,222,827 times
Celtics aint gonna do crap. Period. Thunder would pound those old green farts into the ground. Get real... Im more worried about Miami and some kind of weird come back from Bosh.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Celtics aint gonna do crap. Period. Thunder would pound those old green farts into the ground. Get real... Im more worried about Miami and some kind of weird come back from Bosh.
I agree, and it's hard to beat any team when you have the issues below

1. Bi-polar Point Guard

2. Stupid Coach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball