U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 AM

297 posts, read 340,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'm expecting harden leaves and I could see Westbrook wanting his own team in a couple years this forcing a trade.
IMO they should sign Harden long term and trade Westbrook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 AM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,877,440 times
OKC should trade Westbrook for Howard straight up assuming Howard has fully recovered from back surgery and rehab.They can amnesty Perk after next season if they haven't been able to trade him by then. I think Maynor would be fine running the show. I wouldn't trade Ibaka or Harden. With Howard, they now have a low post scorer. So i would have this as your starting lineup next season.

Maynor, Thabo, Howard, Ibaka, Collison would be starting. Collison should come off the bench as usual, but not sure who they have right now under contract that would start. Nazr is a free agent and likely won't be back and not sure about who else is already under contract. I believe Harden will be unrestricted FA after next season and Ibaka is restricted FA. Not sure what the max they can offer Harden, but it will be tough to keep him.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:58 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... exactly modeled on the Spurs?
Yup, everything from the system, the style, the drafting, everything is modeled after the spurs. The only difference is really Duncan vs durant. Low post scoring/taking over/defense a penetrating pg, a wing scorer/defender, and a beast off the bench. Durant even plays PF regularly. He is no 25-12 guy but he is a 30-6 guy fairly regularly.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
No way that Orlando trades Howard for Westbrook straight up. Not even with harden or ibaka or both throw in. It's just not talent for talent.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:

That was funny to me too. I guess he has to make himself feel better about the elimination a few days ago

Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,159,304 times
Quote:
Just now figured this out!?
Presti had tears in his eyes after beating his former mentor...

Old 06-09-2012, 02:13 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,159,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
OKC should trade Westbrook for Howard straight up assuming Howard has fully recovered from back surgery and rehab.They can amnesty Perk after next season if they haven't been able to trade him by then. I think Maynor would be fine running the show. I wouldn't trade Ibaka or Harden. With Howard, they now have a low post scorer. So i would have this as your starting lineup next season.

Maynor, Thabo, Howard, Ibaka, Collison would be starting. Collison should come off the bench as usual, but not sure who they have right now under contract that would start. Nazr is a free agent and likely won't be back and not sure about who else is already under contract. I believe Harden will be unrestricted FA after next season and Ibaka is restricted FA. Not sure what the max they can offer Harden, but it will be tough to keep him.
No thanks. Ill keep my pouty Westbrick at 22 years of age and take my chances...

Old 06-09-2012, 03:16 PM

411 posts, read 269,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I agree they are the best right now, but I want to see what happens after next season. They are at a crossroads after next season and will have to make key choices on key players. Harden and ibaka specifically. They need to drop Perkins IMO, he is a hindrance that doesn't fit them.

I'm expecting harden leaves and I could see Westbrook wanting his own team in a couple years this forcing a trade.

They are modeled on the spurs exactly, but outside of durant I don't think they have the humble talent like thse spurs had.
You make some good points. I disagree with that last sentence to some degree though.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:21 PM

411 posts, read 269,065 times
Maybe the Spurs were intimidated by that massive skyscraper in DT OkC since i don't believe there's anything in SA taller than about 300 ft, lol.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:45 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
Maybe the Spurs were intimidated by that massive skyscraper in DT OkC since i don't believe there's anything in SA taller than about 300 ft, lol.
(ー_ー)!!

The skyscraper? Really....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball