U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Mike Brown choked away that 7 pt lead. After Kobe threw that pass and Durant stole the ball and scored to cut the lead to 5, as a coach he was supposed to call timeout so his team can regroup. But that fool stands there and watches a 7 point lead vanish and don't call timeout until the Lakers are down 1. So it was Mike Brown, not Kobe
I think you've officially blamed everything for the Lakers losses except Kobe, Global warming and Dubstep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think you've officially blamed everything for the Lakers losses except Kobe, Global warming and Dubstep.
Kobe....25% of the blame

Mike Brown......75% of the blame

Old 05-31-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Kobe....25% of the blame

Which totally explains what happened last season when Mike Brown wasn't there.....

Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,480 times
Quote:
Kobe....25% of the blame

Hey look, arbitrary numbers!

I think 62% of your post is dumb and 38% is trolling. Thoughts?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Hey look, arbitrary numbers!

I think 62% of your post is dumb and 38% is trolling. Thoughts?

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I still believe that the Lakers need a new coach and better role players to get beyond the second round of the NBA playoffs. No team in the NBA will go far in the playoffs without good shooters and strong defense

Blake....inconsistent shooter
Barnes....bad shooter
Artest....inconsistent shooter

Gasol....soft on defense

Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 PM

297 posts, read 340,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Considering you only have to win one game in the playoffs to make it to the conference finals as a division winner (which both his teams were)...

that is equivalent to taking your team to the second round in the NBA which Kobe has done the last 2 years.

So I think the Kobe Favre comparison is fair in that regard...
Being a division winner does not give a team a first round bye. I would not compare losing convincingly in the second round of the NBA playoffs two straight years to losing two NFC championship games in OT.

I'm not at all going to discredit what Favre did in two of his final four years. And I don't even like Favre. Loved seeing him collapse down the stretch with the Jets. Hated every bit of his success with the Vikings.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
Being a division winner does not give a team a first round bye. I would not compare losing convincingly in the second round of the NBA playoffs two straight years to losing two NFC championship games in OT.
I didnt say being the division gave you a bye in the first round as an arbritrary statement... The Divison winners that are the #1 and #2 seed do get byes though!

I meant it in reference to Favre because his team was the #2 seed in both of his fnal two conference championship years! So they only won 1 game in the playoffs as I said! They were 1-1 total.

That is equivalent to going down in the second round of the NBA since you have to win 4 and then lose 4.

So the comparison to Kobe still stands!

Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
A highly compensated player who plays small in the playoffs. Who wants that? The Bulls already have one of those. His name is BOOZER; and he plays worse in the playoffs than Pau. Gasol would be an upgrade over him. Boozer is horrible.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
A highly compensated player who plays small in the playoffs. Who wants that? The Bulls already have one of those. His name is BOOZER; and he plays worse in the playoffs than Pau. Gasol would be an upgrade over him. Boozer is horrible.
Why not just release Pau? That frees up another 12 shots a night that Kobe can take from 3pt. range while fading away with a hand in his face.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why not just release Pau? That frees up another 12 shots a night that Kobe can take from 3pt. range while fading away with a hand in his face.
The Bulls needs to release a lot of players too after that crap I saw in the 1st round and the players that need to go are below due to their basketball IQ

1. Boozer
2. Watson
3. Asik
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or