U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 AM

51,930 posts, read 41,798,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Bulls needs to release a lot of players too after that crap I saw in the 1st round and the players that need to go are below due to their basketball IQ

1. Boozer
2. Watson
3. Asik
Most GM's in the league would drool over the chance to pick up #2 and #3 off the Bulls. Keep in mind that Watson and Asik are usually 7-8th men but for the injuries to Rose and noah (and deng).

Also losing your floor general is highly disruptive and PG is a thin position for the Bulls while they have a lot of depth at the 4-5slots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,273,755 times
The Bulls were going nowhere in the playoffs with Rose out anyway. In fact next year may be a writeoff too, since it takes about a year to rehab an ACL according to Tim Hardaway. Obviously the last thing you want is to try to rush Rose back too soon. So the best thing for the Bulls is to keep their young guys and hope that they develop. And try to come up w/ a shooting guard for the 2013-2014 season when hopefully Rose will be fully back. Other than that it seems to me they've done a good job building the team.

People complain about Boozer but if you look at his numbers per 36 min last year, they were barely under what they have been for his prime years.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:36 PM

Bump thread. Fun to revisit seeing as how Gasol winds up going to the Bulls after all.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:24 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,273,755 times
Gasol was just who I wanted, when people were saying to bring in Carmelo Anthony. The Bulls have not had the 2nd 7 footer since Asik. Nazir M. can only play a few minutes and anyway is 37 now. Plus Gasol will add another offensive threat for the Bulls, which is another need of theirs.

I felt like Anthony would have disrupted the team chemistry that the Bulls have going, and would have commanded too much cap space.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Gasol was just who I wanted, when people were saying to bring in Carmelo Anthony. The Bulls have not had the 2nd 7 footer since Asik. Nazir M. can only play a few minutes and anyway is 37 now. Plus Gasol will add another offensive threat for the Bulls, which is another need of theirs.

I felt like Anthony would have disrupted the team chemistry that the Bulls have going, and would have commanded too much cap space.
Yep. We got Gasol for a very reasonable price IMO.

Glad to have him aboard.

I didn't want Melanoma Anthony either.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
If Rose stays healthy I see no reason why the Bulls can't be the top team in the East because of Gasol joining the Bulls and Paul George and Lance Stevenson being out for the Pacers. I see the Bulls as #1 and the Cavs as #2 but have no idea who the 3rd and 4th team will be.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If Rose stays healthy I see no reason why the Bulls can't be the top team in the East because of Gasol joining the Bulls and Paul George and Lance Stevenson being out for the Pacers. I see the Bulls as #1 and the Cavs as #2 but have no idea who the 3rd and 4th team will be.
I'm seriously bummed about the injury to PG and I'm not even an Indy fan.

We need more interesting competition, not teams gutted by injury.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm seriously bummed about the injury to PG and I'm not even an Indy fan.

We need more interesting competition, not teams gutted by injury.

I agree, not good for the NBA when the franchise player of a team goes down due to injury. And you like you said the level of competition is not the same which decreases the appeal of a NBA game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or