U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
If I recall Wade thinks the Olympics should be a paid sport and also likes making fun of people when they're sick. It was said that the Heat would win titles, and have yet won none. This makes them liars.
he recanted that statement...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM

12,215 posts, read 10,445,882 times
Default "Hollywood As Hell"

They expect everyone to "kiss the ring" they haven't earned yet.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 AM

1,742 posts, read 5,007,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
he recanted that statement...
He's no Ricky Bobby or Rick James.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 AM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,212,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
If I recall Wade thinks the Olympics should be a paid sport and also likes making fun of people when they're sick. It was said that the Heat would win titles, and have yet won none. This makes them liars.
It makes them more d-bags than anything...

Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,582,807 times
What the Heat did was unprecedented. There was clear collusion. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh, 3 of the top 15 players in the east, met behind closed doors. They figured "instead of playing against each other, let's join each other and create our own all-star team."

So you had three major superstars that were prepared to take less money overall so they could team up together. In my opinion, the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality when it comes to competitive sports is disgusting. I loved how Charles Barkley and Shaq ripped Lebron a new one, because that was a chump move.

Lebron basically said to the world "I can't do it alone, but with Wade and Bosh's help I can win not 1, not 2, not 3..."

Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 AM

3,466 posts, read 3,156,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What the Heat did was unprecedented. There was clear collusion. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh, 3 of the top 15 players in the east, met behind closed doors. They figured "instead of playing against each other, let's join each other and create our own all-star team."

So you had three major superstars that were prepared to take less money overall so they could team up together. In my opinion, the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality when it comes to competitive sports is disgusting. I loved how Charles Barkley and Shaq ripped Lebron a new one, because that was a chump move.

Lebron basically said to the world "I can't do it alone, but with Wade and Bosh's help I can win not 1, not 2, not 3..."
Lebron should of went to the Lakers then, none of this buddy/buddy crap, you get yours and let me get mine, Lebron shrinking in 4th quarters, while he kills it for the first 3.

Say what you want about Kobe, he didn't back down from Shaq, he wouldn't back down from Lebron. Imagine someone calling out Lebron on his own team that reminds Lebron "I got 5 and you have 0".

Lebron would either shrink in a corner like a little kid getting yelled at, or step up his game even more.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM

2,842 posts, read 1,786,139 times
Cavs Fan here...

I'm getting over "The Decision" and the way it was handled as are some other Cavs fans. Partly because of Dan Gilbert and his drive to win, Kyrie Irving emerging and the wealth of draft picks coming our way the next 2-3 years.

Not a whole lot to like about the c"Heat"...The not 1, not 2, not 3....comment doesn't sit well with people.

What I'm satisfied by (since the start of the 10-11 season) is the fact that many thought Lebron was better off (team wise) being in Miami than in Cleveland. I've posted this before on here the 08-09 and 09-10 Cavs had the best record in the NBA and a nice collection of good role players, a superstar, and a coach that knew what he was doing on the defensive end. Did they have Shortcomings? Sure just as the teams they competed against had their own. The difference...Dwight Howard and Paul Pierce played bigger than Lebron in the two playoff series they lost. NBA fans and ultimately Pro-Lebron fans justified "The Decision" and the departure in general by dumping on the Cavs organization and really not bringing to light their past accomplishments. Cavs fans wished we had more time to get the title and maybe surround a guy like Lebron with a slightly better supporting cast (the trend of doing that was happening- until of course he left).

The Heat may have the worst collection of players 4-12 we've ever seen in the NBA in years 10-11 and 11-12. Their "Robin" or "Batman" (Wade) had some tough injuries and some fans realized before he signed that contract his game was not conducive to having a long career. Their collection of players 4-12 many of them were once good players are just at the end of their careers and have nothing left in the tank. They have a coach that is in over his head. They developed no chemistry from year 1 to 2 because of the way they had to set up contracts with players. Some fans saw this coming.

Now I hear this morning from an analyst maybe he had a better cast of support in Cleveland. Amazing!

Having said this, they may still go out and win the title this season. Lebron despite criticism is playing great basketball. I wonder if he would have had a title with this kind of play in the 08-09 season or the 09-10 season.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:26 AM

1,563 posts, read 1,663,097 times
Another Cavs fan chiming in....

Personally, I have more loathing for all the idiots in the media and the Heat bandwagoners that have bashed the Cavs/NE Ohio nonstop than I do for LeBron. Yeh, the decision was a really, really stupid idea but he had the right to go and honestly it was probably time.

If the Heat do fail (and I have a strong feeling that their season ends tomorrow) I really hope all the frontrunners and ESPN guys enjoy eating their s*** sandwich.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM

411 posts, read 270,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It makes them more d-bags than anything...
Agreed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM

2,842 posts, read 1,786,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Another Cavs fan chiming in....

Personally, I have more loathing for all the idiots in the media and the Heat bandwagoners that have bashed the Cavs/NE Ohio nonstop than I do for LeBron. Yeh, the decision was a really, really stupid idea but he had the right to go and honestly it was probably time.

If the Heat do fail (and I have a strong feeling that their season ends tomorrow) I really hope all the frontrunners and ESPN guys enjoy eating their s*** sandwich.
I agree with all of this- although I wish he would have given us a couple more seasons, although we wouldn't have Irving and now it looks like Harrison Barnes (Cavs Front office has talked about him for two seasons).

Do you think the Cavs with Lebron, Byron Scott and a few slight adjustments to the roster beat Dallas last season?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball