U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,659,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I agree with all of this- although I wish he would have given us a couple more seasons, although we wouldn't have Irving and now it looks like Harrison Barnes (Cavs Front office has talked about him for two seasons).

Do you think the Cavs with Lebron, Byron Scott and a few slight adjustments to the roster beat Dallas last season?

Not sure if they could have beaten Dallas. The biggest mistake they made IMO was bringing in Shaq and having him and Z play such a big role. Great guys but they just seemed to slow the team down. The team seemed to do better when they went up tempo. I may be crazy though. I am no basketball expert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 04:34 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Basically how a lot of people feel about the the Heat fans (or "fans").

Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 AM

16,411 posts, read 26,220,997 times
Grew up in Michigan and so I've always cheered on the Pistons so I've hated the Heat back when it was Shaq and when the heat and pistons were rivals. Now I have more of a reason to hate the heat. Basketball has the highest concentration of arrogant jerks in the league, and the heat make things even worse. I'm sad to see the Spurs out, but OKC doesn't seem half bad.

Looks like heat are down on the Celtics now , I'm glad to see that although I've never been much of a Celtics fan either.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:03 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,026,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
So, apparently, most of the USA hates the Heat. It started with hating Lebron James, guilty of putting up an unnecessary show during the "Decision" and accused of being a "traitor" for leaving Cleveland to join a better team in Miami

Then Wade became the villain; I don't remember why but he must have done something....then it spread to the whole team.

As a Heat fan, it is at the shame time appalling the amount of hate this team gets and also exciting: I, and I am sure I am not the only one - have never felt so close to the team as now. When you are hated you kinda stick together.

You take a trip to the ESPN forums (that I am sure are not very different from other forums) and nobody cares about basketball: it's all about Lebrick, Lechoke, Lebum, you get the drill. It is amazing to me, an American who wasn't born in this country, to see how people can hate a guy for doing something stupid on TV but not hate people who actually hurt the USA badly, from greedy bankers, to a former President who sent us to a war under false pretenses....

I read the comments of those anti-heat members and somehow I can't avoid thinking it's people with an empty or sorry life. I mean, there have been players I disliked or teams, but "hate"? No, it takes more to me than being a Jets player to hate somebody even if I am a fan of everything Miami.

Dislike, ignore, but reserve hate for when it's needed and deserved.
I agree 100 percent, these people act like they have nothing worth 'really' fighting for in life, so all that negative energy inside them goes into hating a basketball team. I too am a Miami native and Heat fan and I get sick of people calling us all bandwagoners ect. I'll be a Heat fan the rest of my life as I have been since we got a team in Miami. People love some Mike Vick or Mike Tyson, but they hate a guy who has been nothing but a good role model for kids and hate a team who truly cares about the community where they are located...So continue the hate everybody. People are just jealous of Miami and the bond we have as natives.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:07 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,026,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I hate any team that is in a sport that doesnt have a hard cap that tries to buy titles.
Buy titles?...hmmm, I thought the Heat came together for less money than they could have made other places....lol....Hate on!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM

3,522 posts, read 3,922,381 times
If the Heat don't win it this year, I'll be supporting them next year.

I've been pretty neutral on the Heat so far...I understood Lebron's choice. At the end of the day, you need championships to be the best, and he wants to be the best. If I had a chance to play alongside Wade and Bosh, then I'd have made the same decision.

As for their attitudes, honestly, if you're not arrogant then there is something wrong with you. Life is way too short to go through it without a degree self entitlement. Yes, they are cocky. It's a symptom of confidence. What was he supposed to say? "We'll try to win as many championships as possible.."? BS. Put yourself out there...if you want six championships, and think you are capable of getting them, then tell the world. Set your bar high, let it be known how high you set your bar, and go out there and get at it. Anything less is just weak.

My hate has always been centered around the Lakers, I don't have time to hate on two teams.

Besides, Lebron really needs a championship. He's too talented not to get one. For all the hate he gets, the guy still manages to go out and score 30+ points at will. You can't say he's the problem when he does that..something else needs to change.

Fine, he's not a finisher...not everyone is. Not being a finisher will probably make him not able to be the best ever...but he's still up there, and he deserves a championship. The heat should get Jason Terry, or another closer, and win themselves a championship. Eric Spolstera shouldn't be fired, or if he is, Pat Riley shouldn't take over. That just puts more pressure on them to win.

I'll jump on that bandwagon so that I can laugh in his haters faces. I hate haters and love to see them dismissed.

Being from Seattle, I have no real team to support anyway. I'll definitely be rooting against OKC in the finals...call it sour grapes. That should've been us...David Stern needs to go **** himself.

And when Lebron wins his championship, I'll laugh at all those who hated on a guy for just trying to put himself in the best possible situation to win, while doing it with an "Eff you, I'm the best, now sit down and eat it" attitude. Because you all will, eventually.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,050 times
I just don't have the strength to tackle that one.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:24 AM

3,522 posts, read 3,922,381 times
Good, let it stand in it's gloriousness.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:51 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,050 times
Oh I intend to....

Old 06-07-2012, 06:56 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,186,638 times
LMAO...

Supersonics going to the finals as the OKC Thunder and your boy Lebron a game away from a tee time. I can see why your edgy bro.

Seattle should have taken care of the team they had....enjoy the view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball