U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The Pistons were dirty, they didn't bow down to Jordan and for one I was a fan of them. I don't hate the Heat or Lebron, but I love to see a favorite like them get beat, the same way other people liked to see the Phillies or Eagles get beat.

Lebron, with the "Chosen one" tattoo, the "king" stuff , Jordan's number, and the not one or two or three junk asked for it.

I have no vested interest in any of the teams left, I can't stand the Celtics, never could and that comes from the '80s with them beating the Sixers, I certainly don't like the Heat who thought winning the NBA championship would be a cakewalk, but I don't hate either of them. I'm rooting for OKC because Durant is my favorite player left, then Pierce, and lastly would be Wade.

They are the better matchup for OKC. There is no way I would watch a OKC/Boston Finals so i can see the Celtics get swept. So that's why I;m pulling for the Heat to win 2 in a row because they would be my shot for someone to stop OKC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,206,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
LMAO...

Supersonics going to the finals as the OKC Thunder and your boy Lebron a game away from a tee time. I can see why your edgy bro.

Seattle should have taken care of the team they had....enjoy the view
Oh lord, PLEASE don't start that....

Old 06-07-2012, 12:27 PM

2,363 posts, read 4,425,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
So, apparently, most of the USA hates the Heat. It started with hating Lebron James, guilty of putting up an unnecessary show during the "Decision" and accused of being a "traitor" for leaving Cleveland to join a better team in Miami

Then Wade became the villain; I don't remember why but he must have done something....then it spread to the whole team.

As a Heat fan, it is at the shame time appalling the amount of hate this team gets and also exciting: I, and I am sure I am not the only one - have never felt so close to the team as now. When you are hated you kinda stick together.

You take a trip to the ESPN forums (that I am sure are not very different from other forums) and nobody cares about basketball: it's all about Lebrick, Lechoke, Lebum, you get the drill. It is amazing to me, an American who wasn't born in this country, to see how people can hate a guy for doing something stupid on TV but not hate people who actually hurt the USA badly, from greedy bankers, to a former President who sent us to a war under false pretenses....

I read the comments of those anti-heat members and somehow I can't avoid thinking it's people with an empty or sorry life. I mean, there have been players I disliked or teams, but "hate"? No, it takes more to me than being a Jets player to hate somebody even if I am a fan of everything Miami.

Dislike, ignore, but reserve hate for when it's needed and deserved.
I use to be a Heat Fan, but I hate all the fake ass Miami Heat fans, that follows only LeBrick.

I use to like LeBrick, but he start calling himself "King" which he is not, showed terrible sportsmanship in the Conference finals vs Orlando not shaking the teams hands (Which he did in several series vs Orlando and other teams).

Nobody and I mean NOBODY supported Miami when wade was carrying that team. NOBODY. No Real Heat Fans. What about Steve Smith Days? Caron Butler, Lamar Odom? Rafer? Anybody ever supported the Heat in those days? These Heat Fans now? Probably not, so thats why I HATE HEAT FANS NOW.

So **** LeBrick, **** Miami, **** The Heat , And **** the Heat Fans.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:30 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post

So **** LeBrick, **** Miami, **** The Heat , And **** the Heat Fans.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel....

Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Outside of Cleveland, I think fans would have moved past 'the decision'. We've seen plenty of athletes do far worse than that. I think the whole celebration and claim of 'easily' winning 8 championships is what did, and does it, for me. Frankly, as a professional athlete, why would you want winning a championship to be easy? The champagne is much sweeter when you overcome adversity, not take the easy way to glory.
Yeah I got past the decision. It's still the guy's character and personnel I dislike.

Quote:
not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4......

douche bag, plain and simple
He's a big one.

Quote:
LMAO...

Supersonics going to the finals as the OKC Thunder and your boy Lebron a game away from a tee time. I can see why your edgy bro.

Seattle should have taken care of the team they had....enjoy the view
FTR it wasn't Seattle Fans who ran the sonics out, it was the blockheaded owner.
Seattle always was and will be a better city than that piece of crap OKC in the Midwest. Much more classier, and fan supportive. Seattle was my favorite team! I Hope the Sacramento Kings move to Seattle. Seattle Kings! Seattle already is in King County

Old 06-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel....
I Wish lol I Wish I could change my City-Data display name to something Anti-LeBrick-ish.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:24 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,206,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Yeah I got past the decision. It's still the guy's character and personnel I dislike.

He's a big one.

FTR it wasn't Seattle Fans who ran the sonics out, it was the blockheaded owner.
Seattle always was and will be a better city than that piece of crap OKC in the Midwest. Much more classier, and fan supportive. Seattle was my favorite team! I Hope the Sacramento Kings move to Seattle. Seattle Kings! Seattle already is in King County
It'll still be the Sonics.

Just gotta build that arena...

Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,232,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
So, apparently, most of the USA hates the Heat. It started with hating Lebron James, guilty of putting up an unnecessary show during the "Decision" and accused of being a "traitor" for leaving Cleveland to join a better team in Miami

Then Wade became the villain; I don't remember why but he must have done something....then it spread to the whole team.

As a Heat fan, it is at the shame time appalling the amount of hate this team gets and also exciting: I, and I am sure I am not the only one - have never felt so close to the team as now. When you are hated you kinda stick together.

You take a trip to the ESPN forums (that I am sure are not very different from other forums) and nobody cares about basketball: it's all about Lebrick, Lechoke, Lebum, you get the drill. It is amazing to me, an American who wasn't born in this country, to see how people can hate a guy for doing something stupid on TV but not hate people who actually hurt the USA badly, from greedy bankers, to a former President who sent us to a war under false pretenses....

I read the comments of those anti-heat members and somehow I can't avoid thinking it's people with an empty or sorry life. I mean, there have been players I disliked or teams, but "hate"? No, it takes more to me than being a Jets player to hate somebody even if I am a fan of everything Miami.

Dislike, ignore, but reserve hate for when it's needed and deserved.

As a Mavericks fan, I say suck it up......Payback's a b!@#$ Maybe, when they get their act together, and get rid of their problem(LeBron), then they can repeat their 2006 success.....till then, oh well

Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
As a Mavericks fan, I say suck it up......Payback's a b!@#$ Maybe, when they get their act together, and get rid of their problem(LeBron), then they can repeat their 2006 success.....till then, oh well
I actually was pulling for the Mavs in 2006 because I hated Shaq and then in 2011 I pull for the Heat because I was a fan of Lebron and then the Mavs win

LOL

Old 06-07-2012, 05:32 PM

3,522 posts, read 3,931,064 times
Or Seattle grizzlies..
Really any team would be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball