Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 PM

590 posts, read 1,010,060 times

Advertisements

So, apparently, most of the USA hates the Heat. It started with hating Lebron James, guilty of putting up an unnecessary show during the "Decision" and accused of being a "traitor" for leaving Cleveland to join a better team in Miami

Then Wade became the villain; I don't remember why but he must have done something....then it spread to the whole team.

As a Heat fan, it is at the shame time appalling the amount of hate this team gets and also exciting: I, and I am sure I am not the only one - have never felt so close to the team as now. When you are hated you kinda stick together.

You take a trip to the ESPN forums (that I am sure are not very different from other forums) and nobody cares about basketball: it's all about Lebrick, Lechoke, Lebum, you get the drill. It is amazing to me, an American who wasn't born in this country, to see how people can hate a guy for doing something stupid on TV but not hate people who actually hurt the USA badly, from greedy bankers, to a former President who sent us to a war under false pretenses....

I read the comments of those anti-heat members and somehow I can't avoid thinking it's people with an empty or sorry life. I mean, there have been players I disliked or teams, but "hate"? No, it takes more to me than being a Jets player to hate somebody even if I am a fan of everything Miami.

Dislike, ignore, but reserve hate for when it's needed and deserved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,037,615 times
The heat are hated because the 3 stars are arrogant, cocky, pompous, self centered xxxxxxxxxx...........
They named themselves the "heatles", told everyone they would win 6 rings and have made the city of Miami and their fans look like fools for liking them. Wade is hated because he is starting to show his true colors, like getting paid for the Olympics. Ledecission is well Ledecission, and bosh just wants to be one of those 2 guys.

I respect their games, but don't like the players.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,823,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
So, apparently, most of the USA hates the Heat. It started with hating Lebron James, guilty of putting up an unnecessary show during the "Decision" and accused of being a "traitor" for leaving Cleveland to join a better team in Miami

Then Wade became the villain; I don't remember why but he must have done something....then it spread to the whole team.

As a Heat fan, it is at the shame time appalling the amount of hate this team gets and also exciting: I, and I am sure I am not the only one - have never felt so close to the team as now. When you are hated you kinda stick together.

You take a trip to the ESPN forums (that I am sure are not very different from other forums) and nobody cares about basketball: it's all about Lebrick, Lechoke, Lebum, you get the drill. It is amazing to me, an American who wasn't born in this country, to see how people can hate a guy for doing something stupid on TV but not hate people who actually hurt the USA badly, from greedy bankers, to a former President who sent us to a war under false pretenses....

I read the comments of those anti-heat members and somehow I can't avoid thinking it's people with an empty or sorry life. I mean, there have been players I disliked or teams, but "hate"? No, it takes more to me than being a Jets player to hate somebody even if I am a fan of everything Miami.

Hmm...

How about being a fan of a team that does all the RIGHT things.
A fan of a team that's all about fundamentals and team play.
A fan of a team that plays as a team, doesn't have any arrogant, pompus, d-bags who put themselves over everyone else.
A fan of a team that doesn't have celebrities in the courtside seats.
A fan of a team that has no cocky billionare owners who get fined every damn season.
A fan of a team that's NOT in a big market.
A fan of a team who's fanbase isn't filled with a bunch of bandwagoning, loud-mouth, idiots who suddenly become Heat fans when things go bad.

For all the RIGHT things this team does, they're either hated or brushed aside or not even appreciated because of it. They're called "boring" because they're everything the Heat (and Lakers, Thunder, Knicks, Magic, Mavericks, and Clippers) aren't.

You know the team I'm talking about:

Spoiler

Imagine how I feel.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,457,517 times
So go complain on the espn boards then. We have a lot of insightful level headed fans in this board who are almost all Americans that I'm sure don't appreciate your over generalizations. The heat play the role of the villain, and they do it well. I don't see the players crying about it.

People use the word hate, and love in a hyperbolic sense when it comes to sport. "d wade is my most hated nba player" != "I hope tragedy falls upon d wade and his family"

Old 05-31-2012, 08:46 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,782,507 times
The Heat are not the first team to become very polarizing. Look at the Lakers. Look at the Yankees. Look at the Packers. Look at the Patriots.

LeBron James is hated for the manner in which he handled his free agency and the Decision. The media and league are also to blame. James drew out his deliberation, invited in several teams all as a show to build anticipation and continue to get a lot of media attention. Then he has a TV special under the guise of donating money to charity only to say where he will play? What a joke.

The NBA loves to push stars and individual match ups, instead of teams. As such, certain players and given more spotlight than others and the teams they are on get a lot more attention. Look at the Pacers. They had a great season and were a #3 seed in the east. Yet you heard so little about them. Look at the Grizzlies. Same situation. They both get such little press and TV attention despite being good teams.

Look at Derrick Rose. He is a top star and gets such little hate from fans of other teams.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 AM

742 posts, read 2,062,755 times
Sounds like anti-Heat fans aren't giving LeBron a pass.

As others have said, nothing new here. Players are hated for any and every reason. I was an anti-Heat last year (because of "The Decision") until I found another more evil than them: Lakers. Part of being a fan includes having a team/players to root against. But it's all in fun. Much better and healthier than cable and political news.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 AM

77,931 posts, read 60,105,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post

Sorry but you need to suck it up man.

The Heat players have been extremely arrogant and nobody likes that. They absolutely brought that upon themselves.

When people say they hate them you are just taking it too personally. No one really wants lebron to get brain cancer, they just want to see him not win at basketball.

Also, just a little FYI....but being hated means you are on the map. Would you rather be a Bobcats fan and have your team ignored but not hated?

P.S. If you think you have it bad, imagine being a patriots fan....

Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,823,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sorry but you need to suck it up man.

The Heat players have been extremely arrogant and nobody likes that. They absolutely brought that upon themselves.

When people say they hate them you are just taking it too personally. No one really wants lebron to get brain cancer, they just want to see him not win at basketball.

Also, just a little FYI....but being hated means you are on the map. Would you rather be a Bobcats fan and have your team ignored but not hated?

P.S. If you think you have it bad, imagine being a patriots fan....
Yeah, the Pats have it EASY compared to the 'Boys....

Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,082,889 times
The Heat will be hated for not three...not four,,,,,not five....not six...but for seven years!

Old 06-02-2012, 04:35 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,099,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The heat are hated because the 3 stars are arrogant, cocky, pompous, self centered xxxxxxxxxx...........
They named themselves the "heatles", told everyone they would win 6 rings and have made the city of Miami and their fans look like fools for liking them. Wade is hated because he is starting to show his true colors, like getting paid for the Olympics. Ledecission is well Ledecission, and bosh just wants to be one of those 2 guys.

I respect their games, but don't like the players.
Exactly. Also the three spoke about playing together prior to the union so it wasn't a random free agent signing. Ever heard of Jordan's Bulls? Bird's Celtics? Magic's Lakers? The Bad Boys in Detroit? Ewing's Knicks? They are just todays flavor. I'm a Warrior fan and no one talks about them much but if they had the same attitudes and were winning they would be a target too. No team in professional sports is hated as much as my Yankees are, so chill out and enjoy the fact that they are competitive. And everyone knows that no other team gets poked as much as the Yankees. Whether it's the fact of spending or steroid scandals it never ends. Lots of issues with players were from when they were with previous teams but it didn't matter. The Yankees were labeled as cheaters. I guess Miami is one of a few teams with a major advantage. They can pay a higher salary than most because of no state tax. Also if you look at both team (Cleveland and Miami), Miami was only slightly better than Cleveland with Lebron. Then Lebron, Bosh, and all of the players that came aboard to get a ring for less. As for the anger towards Wade, it was because he held his ground and forced the others to come to him. Personally I give him credit for that. Lebron could have done that as well but chose not to. Now back to the main point. If Miami were losing alot, no one would care or talk about them too much. Which way would you rather have it? Losing and receiving no attention or winning and being scrutinized? Pretty obvious, isn't it?

Last edited by Lancet71; 06-02-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball