U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
Rondo 10 62.50%
Parker 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Another thing that's he's given a lot of credit for. Hell, Doc River said Rondo is the smartest player he's ever coached. But, we'll take your word for it.
I don't know what Doc is looking at but I'm going by what I see on the floor which is why I posted the example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't know what Doc is looking at but I'm going by what I see on the floor which is why I posted the example.
Are you trying to say your opinion has more validity than a former NBA player who's actually coached Rondo for 5 years? You don't know what Doc is looking at? None of us here know what you're looking at, or talking about.

Puff puff, pass....puff puff, pass....

Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Are you trying to say your opinion has more validity than a former NBA player who's actually coached Rondo for 5 years? You don't know what Doc is looking at? None of us here know what you're looking at, or talking about.

Puff puff, pass....puff puff, pass....
Ok let me try this one more time

The Celtics were up by 4 with 1:34 left in game 5 and Rondo had the ball in his hands. The shot clock was running down and Rondo was confused as to what to do so instead of driving to the basket and drawing a foul and possibly increasing the lead to 6, Rondo just stands still and launches up a jumpshot which he missed giving the Heat another opportunity to cut the 4 point lead to 2 or 1 point. Most PG's in that situation would know that they need to get more points and that the best way to do that is drive to the basket instead of settling for a long jumpshot.

Tony Parker in that same situation drives to the basket.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Ok let me try this one more time
Didn't read. Now let me try this one more time......

A random Basketball forum poster, widely considered a joke by other forum members for the hilarity and ridiculousness of most of his posts, believes that his opinion on the IQ of a player, trumps that of a former NBA player who has coached Rondo for 5 years and sees him in games and practice every day for 8 months a year. But yet TVSG, OF ALL PEOPLE, thinks his opinion carries more weight than Doc Rivers. L O L. Since you seem to know what to do in those situations moreso than Rondo, why is he in the NBA, and you're on here spouting nonsense? This is the same dude who wants to fire every head coach who has a bad coaching game, or series. Hey TVSG, the Spurs lost. FIRE Gregg Poppovich immediately!!!

Puff puff, pass......

Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Didn't read. Now let me try this one more time......

A random Basketball forum poster, widely considered a joke by other forum members for the hilarity and ridiculousness of most of his posts, believes that his opinion on the IQ of a player, trumps that of a former NBA player who has coached Rondo for 5 years and sees him in games and practice every day for 8 months a year. But yet TVSG, OF ALL PEOPLE, thinks his opinion carries more weight than Doc Rivers. L O L.

Puff puff, pass......

I hope you watch the game tonight because I will be looking for you afterwards with my Rondo notes.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I hope you watch the game tonight because I will be looking for you afterwards with my Rondo notes.
Did you take any notes on the night he scored 44 points, 10 assists ,8 rebounds, and 3 steals? How is it that you take notes, but don't have a clue what you're talking about? Strange....

Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 29 days ago)

9,844 posts, read 21,150,344 times
Complete toss up. Both are great guards and among the biggest draft day steals in history (both late first rounders). As I Kentuckian I am obligated to select our native son Rondo, who is arguably the best NBA player from Kentucky in decades.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Complete toss up. Both are great guards and among the biggest draft day steals in history (both late first rounders). As I Kentuckian I am obligated to select our native son Rondo, who is arguably the best NBA player from Kentucky in decades.
Not if he continues to

1. Turnover the Ball

2. Missing layups

3. Missing foul shots

4. Missing wide open jumpshots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball