U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,036,673 times

Advertisements

If Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were sitting on the bench in a close out game even if the other team was up by 15 or 20 pts people would be all over them talking crap. Boston gets a pass though. Looks like KG, Pierce, and Rondo gave up tonight with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

I guess the Heat were just too much, but nobody will be saying those Boston players quit though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,156,064 times
Boston had no hops tonight at all, they looked old, I guess they were trying to get some rest for game 7.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,077,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
If Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were sitting on the bench in a close out game even if the other team was up by 15 or 20 pts people would be all over them talking crap. Boston gets a pass though. Looks like KG, Pierce, and Rondo gave up tonight with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

I guess the Heat were just too much, but nobody will be saying those Boston players quit though...
You know Boston has a coach right? And they make those decisions. Of course they were sitting on bench. They were getting blown out. They were losing by more than 20 too. I believe they were losing by 25.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 AM

530 posts, read 2,594,505 times
Quote:

When you have a ring, you get a pass. Van Gundy, who is in love with Lebron to the point that it makes me uncomfortable, was trying to make the point last night about Pierce, and if Lebron had a game last night like Pierce did he would be killed. And he's right, but rightly so. Pierce has won a ring, Lebron hasn't, although he's walked around since his first game in the NBA against Sacramento like he had a ring.

If Lebron loses Game 7, or the Finals, he's still getting to get scrutinized. Until he gets a ring, it will never stop.

I hate Lebron as much as any player I've ever seen in my life, but I have to say, he has been phenomenal in the post season this year. Last night was crazy but even before last night he's played at the same high level he established in the regular season.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:29 AM

740 posts, read 1,843,680 times
Quote:

Lakers-Thunder, Game 5. The OKC starters and 6th man sat out with 90 seconds left on the final buzzer. Remainder of the game was played entirely by "lesser" members of the bench. 20 seconds later, Lakers sat out their starters and 6th man. Guess they didn't believe their big 4 could take on OKC's 2nd-tier bench to overcome a 15-point deficit.

(Jeff) van Gundy is a joke of a commentator. You can mute out his audio and not miss anything of relevance. So what if the rest of the world hates LeBron. It's got nothing to do with the game that was going on. What has liking soccer got to do with the game? He keeps going off-topic.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM

I also don't get how they say Boston fans are so great, look at how that arena emptied out in the 4th quarter. Just because u had some of the left over fans saying lets go celtics doesnt make them better than any other fans.half the arena was empty with 4 minutes left in the game.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
You know Boston has a coach right? And they make those decisions. Of course they were sitting on bench. They were getting blown out. They were losing by more than 20 too. I believe they were losing by 25.
So does Miami have a coach too, but if the roles were reversed people would be all over Wade, Lebron, and Bosh calling them quiters for sitting with 6 minutes left in a close out game of the ECF.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:44 PM

740 posts, read 1,843,680 times
Quote:
if the roles were reversed people would be all over Wade, Lebron, and Bosh calling them quiters for sitting with 6 minutes left in a close out game of the ECF.
LeBron did quit before, most notably in game 5 against Boston in 2010 conference semi-finals. It didn't involve Miami heat. But it was a LeBron team, namely Cleveland Cavaliers. Perhaps you've heard of them?

Somewhere out there is a clip showing LeBron walked off the floor while the game was still playing. If I find it, I'll show it to you. For now this will do. The fact is he did quit, thus the criticism is justified. Another fact: none of the Celtics players had ever done what LeBron did that day. Win or lose, you stay with the team to the end. You don't just walk off.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM

9,412 posts, read 9,575,655 times
At least the riots will be in Miami Tonight.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
LeBron did quit before, most notably in game 5 against Boston in 2010 conference semi-finals. It didn't involve Miami heat. But it was a LeBron team, namely Cleveland Cavaliers. Perhaps you've heard of them?

Somewhere out there is a clip showing LeBron walked off the floor while the game was still playing. If I find it, I'll show it to you. For now this will do. The fact is he did quit, thus the criticism is justified. Another fact: none of the Celtics players had ever done what LeBron did that day. Win or lose, you stay with the team to the end. You don't just walk off.
You mean the way KG and Rondo stayed with their team at the end of game 7 last night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or