U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:57 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,048,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I agree with you! The HEAT are dragging their feet in this series! Bosh needs to get his rythem back! Bosh / Wade/ James in full speed should knock out OKC in a heartbeat!
GO HEAT!

PS: Lebron is a Monster!
Yeah he is a monster, every time he decides to drive hard to the hoop they have to foul him. If he does that and spends his time posting up then I see the Heat winning the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 AM

28,382 posts, read 26,430,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
That last shot tho, Durant was FOULED. If this game would have gone into overtime, it would have been lights out on the Heat.
Yeah, but the whistle could have easily been blown on Durant when Lebron drove to the basket (Ibaka blocked the shot). The whistle happy refs usually call a foul with that type of contact, but they gave him a pass on that one. That would have been his sixth foul.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,021,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yeah, but the whistle could have easily been blown on Durant when Lebron drove to the basket (Ibaka blocked the shot). The whistle happy refs usually call a foul with that type of contact, but they gave him a pass on that one. That would have been his sixth foul.
EXACTLY.

That was clearly a foul on the dunk. The refs blew calls both ways and remember when the ball was clearly off Sefalosha but the Thunder got the ball back anyway?

The Heat definitely have a chance and I hope they kill the Thunder.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,558,231 times
Let's now overlook the fact below

The shot Durant took was a stupid shot with 12 secs left in the game. I found it so funny he took that shot because someone on sports radio had just praised him for being a patient scorer and a guy who never dumb shots. But in that situation last night down by 2 with 12 secs left, you never take a fade away jumper you drive to the basket or try and find someone open for a 3 pointer. Shooting a 3 would have been a higher percentage shot in that situation because atleast it would have been an attempt to win the game. That shot durant took was to send into OT and if you are playing for OT you take a better shot than that.

So the stupidity of the shot overshadows whether he was fouled or not

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,237,725 times
I'm not in a rush to change my pick. I think it took a "near perfect" game for the Heat to win, whereas the Oklahoma city thunder played lousy. Starting from their 16 point deficit early in the first period. OKC coach should have made adjustments much faster and had his guys ready. OKC main problems seem to be their ego. Durant's mom was on first take yesterday. It was as if the Thunder had won already. She said that she was going to feel bad for Lebron. Why would you put that out there? She's way too "overconfident" to say something like that. Isn't she bright enough to understand that it's only going to make the other team want it more. When she said that I was like, what? After one game, the series was already called by Durants mother? I think they (OKC) need to know that their in a dog fight. They can't just wait til fourth quarter with these guys and then turn it on. If they don't humble themselves and play stronger for four quarters and with a bit of a game plan, then they are going to lose this series. Westbrook better be more efficient and keep the offensive flow of the game going smoother, and Durant needs to "demand" the ball more. Westbrooks taking way too many people out of their game, and killing the unity of it all. Wake up time. It's only one game, but it's definately time to wake up.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 06-15-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,424,247 times
The Heat have led 6 out of the 8 quarters played...

Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,237,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
The Heat have led 6 out of the 8 quarters played...

And somehow the series is tied...Hmm

Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So the stupidity of the shot overshadows whether he was fouled or not
I don't think it was a stupid shot. He had been making those types of shot all night long (and makes them consistently throughout the season).

Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I'm not in a rush to change my pick. I think it took a "near perfect" game for the Heat to win, whereas the Oklahoma city thunder played lousy.
I don't agree with this either. Granted, OKC was not its sharpest, but neither was Miami. If Bosh starts feeling it from the outside, Wade plays like 85-90% of his former self, and Lebron keeps on doing what he's been doing, the Heat could end this in 6. The only other thing they need is for guys like Battier to knock down open jumpers (and he's been doing that so far).

I voted for the Heat in 7, btw.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,288,130 times
Westbrook needs to stop being such a black hole and move the ball around more. I was frustrated with his decision-making last night. Forcing things WAY too much. He still has that "shooting guard" mentality and I'm starting to wonder if he'll ever shake that off.

I still like OKC in 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball