U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Ro cha cha, NY
3,061 posts, read 4,199,781 times
Reputation: 5381

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Westbrook needs to stop being such a black hole and move the ball around more. I was frustrated with his decision-making last night. Forcing things WAY too much. He still has that "shooting guard" mentality and I'm starting to wonder if he'll ever shake that off.

I still like OKC in 7.

I agree with this. He hast to fix it. It hasn't been talked about much when they were winning. Some, but many dismissed it. He better get his sh t straight. Go to the lane hard when it's there, do your thing. Shoot the open jumper "once in a while" when you're open.
But for god sake, start getting other guys involved. Look to pass it more. Get your team involved. It won't be you and Durant (or it can't be) vs Miami in the second half every game. Get everyone else involved and in turn they will play harder for you on defense.
I can't understand what this guys problem is? Is he really that selfish, or is he just dumb? I'm speaking about Westbrook just to be clear. I love how he can get hot on certain nights and light it up, but it's not doing anything for the remainder of the team everytime. Forget having more shots than Durant. He took more than his whole team and he's their point guard???

We all know that he's talented and playing out of place. Meaning, he isn't a "true" point guard. We know that. But with everyone talking about it, (including I) you would think he would wise up and start listening to what others are saying..Some people are thick. That could be his "issue". Because I certainly hope he's not that selfish. These issues seem similar to the ones Shag had with Kobe. Thinking he was Michael Jordan and whatnot. Maybe this guy has that kind of "mindset", although we all know Kobe and MJ he is not. I'm wondering if them talking about it regularly has made him think, "I"ll prove the doubters wrong. This isn't Durant's team. It's mine." God I hope that's not entering that kids mind. If so, Durant and him are going to be at odds in the future alot more than just now what's happening in the playoffs.

I for one am hoping they can get it together better, because I don't want to see Lebron and the Heat win one. Maybe I'm mean. I just don't care for Miami. I respect them, but I root against them. It was that little speach that everyone knows about and in which I don't need to bring up. I do respect Lebron. The guy has taken a ton of punishment from the media and such and so far he has backed it up in these playoffs. So win or lose, he has gained my respect....at least up untill this point. What happens in the next few games will decide that. Even if the Heat lose, I will not think it was Lebrons fault at all. For one it's a team effort, having said that I don't think that Dwade has played up to his ability. Wheather he's hurt or not. It's the playoffs, and you have to leave it all out there. So far, Wade has coasted through these playoffs and left Lebron to do most the work. He's shown up in a few games, but beyond that he hasn't played to his potential. I hate saying that but it's the truth, but I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

And for me, I still like OKC, but I don't know if I can go six now. Maybe seven like you. OKC hopefully in six, but I'll take seven. Actually seven would be nicer for entertainment purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
2,884 posts, read 5,180,065 times
Reputation: 2731
I'm actually starting to wonder if OKC can win in 6. Perhaps Miami in 6 or 7.

-The problem with OKC going forward, they are still going to have 1st Finals jitters. I don't see that going away. The games are going to be close. But miami could easily win 2 of 3 at home. Then just one more close game in 6 or 7, miami wins.

I wonder if a team with as such little playoff experience as OKC has ever won a championship.

Durant has only had 23 games of playoff experience before this season

That would be like a warm up for Kobe or Jordan on their way to their 1st title.

Jordan by contrast had 53 playoff games before the 90/91 season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I'm actually starting to wonder if OKC can win in 6. Perhaps Miami in 6 or 7.

-The problem with OKC going forward, they are still going to have 1st Finals jitters. I don't see that going away. The games are going to be close. But miami could easily win 2 of 3 at home. Then just one more close game in 6 or 7, miami wins.

I wonder if a team with as such little playoff experience as OKC has ever won a championship.

Durant has only had 23 games of playoff experience before this season

That would be like a warm up for Kobe or Jordan on their way to their 1st title.

Jordan by contrast had 53 playoff games before the 90/91 season.
So you came to this conclusion because they lost 1 game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Lewes, Delaware
3,466 posts, read 3,149,392 times
Reputation: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
The Heat have led 6 out of the 8 quarters played...
That may make a big difference in Miami, playing from huge margins behind doesn't always work on the road, OKC needs a good start to game 3. I won't say falling behind 2-1 is death cause it's not but I can see Miami up 3-2 heading back to OKC. OKC needing 2 in a row at home could get real ugly for them, that's where this 2-3-2 series is tough. Also if Battier stays hot and Wade plays up to game 2 this could get real bad for OKC.

I won't be a prisoner of the moment, I'm sticking with OKC in 6. Anyone that picked OKC or Miami in 5 had guts, I can't see either team winning three in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That may make a big difference in Miami, playing from huge margins behind doesn't always work on the road, OKC needs a good start to game 3. I won't say falling behind 2-1 is death cause it's not but I can see Miami up 3-2 heading back to OKC. OKC needing 2 in a row at home could get real ugly for them, that's where this 2-3-2 series is tough. Also if Battier stays hot and Wade plays up to game 2 this could get real bad for OKC.

I won't be a prisoner of the moment, I'm sticking with OKC in 6. Anyone that picked OKC or Miami in 5 had guts, I can't see either team winning three in a row.

Well I picked them in 5 because I had no idea Miami would rise to the occassion after the way they played against Indiana and Boston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Lewes, Delaware
3,466 posts, read 3,149,392 times
Reputation: 1876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well I picked them in 5 because I had no idea Miami would rise to the occassion after the way they played against Indiana and Boston
Predictions smedictions, it doesn't really matter. I was brutal for the Miami/Celtics and Sixers /Celtics, it happens. Unless someone comes out with a guarantee, it's all good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Predictions smedictions, it doesn't really matter. I was brutal for the Miami/Celtics and Sixers /Celtics, it happens. Unless someone comes out with a guarantee, it's all good.

I was ready to bet my rent that

OKC won Game 1 in a blowout

OKC won Game 2 in a close one

Miami wins Game 3 in a blowout

OKC wins Game 4 in a close one

OKC wins Game 5 in a blowout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Lewes, Delaware
3,466 posts, read 3,149,392 times
Reputation: 1876
Looking back at Celtics/Heat series I don't remember Battier doing much, did I forget or was he invisible, I also seem to remember Miller playing more for the Heat in that series than he's played in these first two games. Without looking it up I could be wrong.

Even though the Heat have lead 6 of 8 quarters they have only won 2, both being the first quarter in games 1 and 2, not surprising the Thunder starting 5 are a -18 while other lineups are + 25. In game 3 maybe we'll get Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Sefolosha, and Harden to start just to keep up with Miami?

I understand going with what 'brought ya but it's not like having Perkins in there has made a big difference. Unless of course someone can convince me the Heat would of been up by 30 in the first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Looking back at Celtics/Heat series I don't remember Battier doing much, did I forget or was he invisible, I also seem to remember Miller playing more for the Heat in that series than he's played in these first two games. Without looking it up I could be wrong.

Even though the Heat have lead 6 of 8 quarters they have only won 2, both being the first quarter in games 1 and 2, not surprising the Thunder starting 5 are a -18 while other lineups are + 25. In game 3 maybe we'll get Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Sefolosha, and Harden to start just to keep up with Miami?

I understand going with what 'brought ya but it's not like having Perkins in there has made a big difference. Unless of course someone can convince me the Heat would of been up by 30 in the first.

They were saying on ESPN that maybe Harden should start in Game 3 to avoid another slow start
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
2,884 posts, read 5,180,065 times
Reputation: 2731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So you came to this conclusion because they lost 1 game?
No.

I thought the Thunder would win game 1. Home court advantage, big jump out of the starting gate with the fan support. A win seemed likely, or probable.

I didn't think the rest of miami (besides james and wade) would really show up. Battier has done way better than expected....4 for 6 the first game in 3's. 5 of 7 game 2?

Battier only averaged 4.8 points a game this season. If he averages 12 in this playoff series, that could be another game for miami.

Bosh is putting up way better numbers than Haslem would. Those two guys basically won game 2 for them.

-I think the worry for OKC, Sefolosha and Ibaka start going really cold (on the road). Ibaka can go crazy at home, but do you think he can score 15 or 20 in miami? Probably not. Fisher can play on the road, maybe he can hit some really nice shots. OKC is going to need some output from that trio.

If Battier is still hitting 3's by game 5 (and Bosh is playing like he's been playing), I'd be worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top