U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,879,106 times

Advertisements

You have to give Miami some credit here for their defense too in game 3. They kept OKC off the FT in the 4th qt and forced the Thunder into many jumpers which quite a few were contested. Thunder just couldn't hit many open jumpers too. I thought Brooks made a mistake in not playing Ibaka in the 4th. That foul in the paint against Bosh by Perk gave the Heat 2 FTs late in the game. This game showed how the Thunder really need to look for a low post scorer in the offseason. They could've used an easy basket down low. I heard Howard is available this summer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:59 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Ibaka and Harden both have been quiet in this series along with Collison.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,643,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You have to give Miami some credit here for their defense too in game 3. They kept OKC off the FT in the 4th qt and forced the Thunder into many jumpers which quite a few were contested. Thunder just couldn't hit many open jumpers too. I thought Brooks made a mistake in not playing Ibaka in the 4th. That foul in the paint against Bosh by Perk gave the Heat 2 FTs late in the game. This game showed how the Thunder really need to look for a low post scorer in the offseason. They could've used an easy basket down low. I heard Howard is available this summer...
I agree. I don't understand why he keeps putting Perkins in. He just doesn't fit well with this team in this matchup. I think Ibaka is the type of player you need in there when you have Wade and Lebron driving like they have been, but bottom line, the Heat are outplaying them.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM

8,483 posts, read 10,462,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was wrong. Harden is a JOKE and made every damm shot he took against the Lakers and Spurs but now can't do anything.
I think this series is far from over as I did pick the Heat in 7. Many people still think I'm crazy for picking that prediction but we just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
well I read the new issue of TV Guide and it does state that there will be a GAME 7 on 6/26/12 without a

"If necessary under the time. So Stern must know someone who knows someone who works at TV guide
LOL... be careful.

Stern will ask if you beat your wife if he is questioned about a conspiracy...

Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
LOL... be careful.

Stern will ask if you beat your wife if he is questioned about a conspiracy...
LOL, going by what I saw in the TV guide I see the rest of the series playing out like this

Game 4....Heat Win

Game 5.....OKC win

Game 6.....OKC win

Game 7.....????????????????

Old 06-18-2012, 03:50 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times
I think Durant got in foul trouble, which is not good for the Thunder because it's going to limit his aggressiveness if they keep up the questionable foul calls. I he'll adjust though. I don't think that his being on the bench is the real reason they lost, though. OKC just didn't hit some of their outside shots. I also question some of the shot selection late but Fisher and a few others. They had control of the game for a while and then let Miami take it away late. To Miami's credit, they did about as good a job at rotating and defending OKC as anyone has to this point.

OKC has, thus far, been really good at making adjustments at around this point in their series. They were successful in turning things around in game four against L.A. and the fourth game of the S.A. series proved that the third game was no fluke. They make adjustments after seeing teams for several games. I think OKC just needs to hit the outside shots and be better at their shot selection in the 4th quarter. They also need to hit their free throws. I think that's really what the series comes down to: if OKC hits outside shots and hits FTs, then they're going to win this series. If they don't, then they allow Miami to wear them down and claw out hard-fought victories late.

I still say OKC has the edge, but they have to start delivering. No more slow starts, and no more bad 4th quarters. They can't fall down 3-1 to Miami and expect to win three straight.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I think Durant got in foul trouble, which is not good for the Thunder because it's going to limit his aggressiveness if they keep up the questionable foul calls. I he'll adjust though. I don't think that his being on the bench is the real reason they lost, though. OKC just didn't hit some of their outside shots. I also question some of the shot selection late but Fisher and a few others. They had control of the game for a while and then let Miami take it away late. To Miami's credit, they did about as good a job at rotating and defending OKC as anyone has to this point.

OKC has, thus far, been really good at making adjustments at around this point in their series. They were successful in turning things around in game four against L.A. and the fourth game of the S.A. series proved that the third game was no fluke. They make adjustments after seeing teams for several games. I think OKC just needs to hit the outside shots and be better at their shot selection in the 4th quarter. They also need to hit their free throws. I think that's really what the series comes down to: if OKC hits outside shots and hits FTs, then they're going to win this series. If they don't, then they allow Miami to wear them down and claw out hard-fought victories late.

I still say OKC has the edge, but they have to start delivering. No more slow starts, and no more bad 4th quarters. They can't fall down 3-1 to Miami and expect to win three straight.

Remember OKC only needs ONE WIN in Miami

Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 PM

411 posts, read 269,110 times
I have to admit, LJ is ON FIRE. And the Miami Heat are DESERVING of their last two wins. No excuses... None!

I still think the Thunder will win this, but they have to overcome the massive talent of small forward/nfl linebacker Lebron James.

No excuses Thunder. You have to take it if you want it enough.

May the best team win.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 PM

411 posts, read 269,110 times
And to all of you NBA fans chiming in.

You are all COOL. 😄
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball