U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:55 PM

411 posts, read 269,276 times

Advertisements

No matter who you are rooting for my friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Just say you were wrong... That's all man. Pretty simple.
You are cool Mr. GE.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:00 PM

Regardless if the Thunder win or lose this thing, they will be a force to contend with for at least the next 6 years.

Not saying they'll lose, but OMG LJ is a BEAST.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
I'm thinking the Heat end up taknig this. Something I wouldn't have said 10 days ago. LBJ is playing at a remarkable level right now and I don't think he will be denied this time.

Anybody else hate the 2-3-2 format?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
I'm assuming the 2-3-2 format has to do with the travel logistics of having East and West teams facing off. 2-2-1-1-1 just wouldn't be feasible, though I agree it does kinda suck.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times
I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I'm really frustrated with the refs from game 3. ESPN did an interesting montage of all the foul calls on kevin durant in game 3, showing each foul from 2 different angles. 2 of the 5 foul calls on KD were flat out crap, and a third was very questionable.

After that, they showed the OBVIOUS foul on Durant at the end of game 2 when Bron clearly fouled him and yet he gets no foul.

Bron and Wade get those soft, tit-for-tat "superstar" calls, why doesn't Durant? Yes, Bron is the MVP, so he "deserves" those calls. But isn't KD the NBA scoring champ, and probably the 2nd best player in the league? Has he not "earned" the right to get some of those cheap calls like Bron and Wade do?

I hate to blame the refs, as there's always something a team could have done better to win. But with the last 2 games of the finals being really close at the end, the referees DEFINITELY had an impact on the outcomes of both games.

And this is not me being a Lebron hater, this is me being a basketball fan.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,647,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I'm really frustrated with the refs from game 3. ESPN did an interesting montage of all the foul calls on kevin durant in game 3, showing each foul from 2 different angles. 2 of the 5 foul calls on KD were flat out crap, and a third was very questionable.

After that, they showed the OBVIOUS foul on Durant at the end of game 2 when Bron clearly fouled him and yet he gets no foul.

Bron and Wade get those soft, tit-for-tat "superstar" calls, why doesn't Durant? Yes, Bron is the MVP, so he "deserves" those calls. But isn't KD the NBA scoring champ, and probably the 2nd best player in the league? Has he not "earned" the right to get some of those cheap calls like Bron and Wade do?

I hate to blame the refs, as there's always something a team could have done better to win. But with the last 2 games of the finals being really close at the end, the referees DEFINITELY had an impact on the outcomes of both games.

And this is not me being a Lebron hater, this is me being a basketball fan.
I feel the same way. I get tired of people saying, oh you're just making excuses. I mean it's really there. There is an inconsistency with calls that just absolutely irritate me. I wouldn't have a problem if these calls were called the same on both sides but they are not. That is what is frustrating as basketball fan. I know refs will miss calls, but if they want to eliminate these conspiracy theories they need to clearly define what a defensive foul is, what an offensive foul is, what an illegal screen is, what an illegal push off is, etc., etc.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
You are cool Mr. GE.
i guess you are cooler...

Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'm thinking the Heat end up taknig this. Something I wouldn't have said 10 days ago. LBJ is playing at a remarkable level right now and I don't think he will be denied this time.

Anybody else hate the 2-3-2 format?

I always felt it favored the team without the home court advantage since they have 3 games in a row. Which is why it's a MUST the team with the home court advantage win the first two games at home. Something Miami didn't do last year along with OKC this year which maybe the reason they lose the series.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I always felt it favored the team without the home court advantage since they have 3 games in a row. Which is why it's a MUST the team with the home court advantage win the first two games at home.
It merely places 'holding court' at a premium, even moreso that the prior round format. The Thunder only needs to win one of the 3 Miami games to send it back to OKC, and they're back in the driver's seat. For now though, the momentum is definitely on Miami's side, though as often the case a few bounces here and there and it could just as easily be OKC up 2-1. Neither team has yet established themselves as overwhelmingly superior to the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball