U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,909,164 times

Advertisements

ESPN's headline made me laugh today. Talking about LeBron's legs betraying him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,240,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
can okc win three straight against the heat?

I can't see it happening. Lebron has been ridiculled for far too long over the last few years. He won't let this one slip away if he has to put his team on his back. I give him his props. At facing adversity he has stepped up this series. I was wrong. I had OKC in six. I was dead wrong. Congrats to Heat fans. I wish I could say it was a hard fought series, but only few warriors showed up to fight. Oh well, better luck next year.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 AM

52,346 posts, read 42,118,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I just said that an OKC victory is conceivable because they are going to come out guns blazing in Game 5. If they take Game 5, they will go back home for two straight games with their backs against the wall. To beat OKC, at home, will be incredibly tough. And saying that Lebron might shrink when the pressure's really on is far from fantasy. You must not remember last year's finals, huh?
Kevin Durant might be killed by a meteorite.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,425,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah so now Lebron might choke away the series after dominating OKC and busting the celtics hard in the mouth in game 6 and 7?

The guy has been BRUTAL this playoffs....I think hoping he lays down for OKC at this stage is gross fantasy and somewhat insulting to the effort he's put forth.

If you want some brutal truth, I think the Heat broke OKC's will in the 2nd quarter last night and the series will end the next game.
Well said... I have to agree 100%.

They took the Thunder's best shot and still prevailed. They are just better, no other way to say it. No debate. It's obvious.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM

28,414 posts, read 26,459,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I can't see it happening. Lebron has been ridiculled for far too long over the last few years. He won't let this one slip away if he has to put his team on his back. I give him his props. At facing adversity he has stepped up this series. I was wrong. I had OKC in six. I was dead wrong. Congrats to Heat fans. I wish I could say it was a hard fought series, but only few warriors showed up to fight. Oh well, better luck next year.
It's not over yet. I want Lebron to win, but I would not be surprised a bit if this series goes back to OKC because he sacrifices a wide open shot to pass the ball to Haslem for a game winner. We all thought Roger Federer would get over his Nadal demon, too, but we all saw what happened to him.

"You know how strong he is! You...can't...win!!!"

http://www.yoursportsnightcap.com/wp...us_open_09.jpg

Last edited by BajanYankee; 06-20-2012 at 11:17 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM

28,414 posts, read 26,459,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
They took the Thunder's best shot and still prevailed. They are just better, no other way to say it. No debate. It's obvious.
Right. It's so obvious that the majority of people voted "Heat in 4!" And it's so obvious that Lebron has faced little to any criticism on this Board for underperforming in big games.

The Heat haven't won a game against the Thunder by more than 6 points. These are all close games. If the Thunder weren't completely in despair after losing two games against the Spurs, why would anyone think that they'd just roll over and die against the Heat in the NBA Finals? The Thunder are still in a good place. If they can win Game 5, they get 2 games on their own floor. They know this and I expect them to play accordingly.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,591,720 times
If the Heat somehow loss 3 in a row Lebron would just have to retire because it would be no coming back from that type of collapse.

He better get it done tomorrow

Old 06-20-2012, 01:03 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,899,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Well said... I have to agree 100%.

I'm not sure if I would say their 'best shot', but if they can withstand 72 points from Westbrook and Durant like last night, and still come out on top, they're in great shape. I think alot of people picked the Thunder on the assumption that Lebron wouldn't be as good as previous rounds( a bit of carryover from last year's finals, so not unreasonable) and after seeing the Thunder take 4 straight from the Spurs ( hey, anyone who can do that HAS to be the favorite, right?).

The reality is the Heat have gotten from one game to another, solid contributions from guys other than Lebron and Wade. Shane Battier has been doing his best Reggie Miller/Ray Allen impression, Chalmers has had some bone-headed moments but on the whole made a contribution, Bosh has been solid if unspectacular...Wade's taken a lot of flak but he's still putting up 23 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, a steal and a block. I think the role players for the most part have cancelled each other out, which means this comes down to Lebron vs Durant. Durant has played well in his first finals, but Lebron is putting up 30 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists. All else being relatively equal, the guy putting up that kind of production is usually going to come out on top.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the Heat somehow loss 3 in a row Lebron would just have to retire because it would be no coming back from that type of collapse.

He better get it done tomorrow
Yeah, I'm not running out to bet on OKC winning this series right now. If you know something I don't....do tell, the odds right now have to be about 25-1.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's not over yet. I want Lebron to win, but I would not be surprised a bit if this series goes back to OKC because he sacrifices a wide open shot to pass the ball to Haslem for a game winner. We all thought Roger Federer would get over his Nadal demon, too, but we all saw what happened to him.

"You know how strong he is! You...can't...win!!!"

http://www.yoursportsnightcap.com/wp...us_open_09.jpg
He's just crying because he looked up in the stands and saw his gf sitting up there with all the other players hot gf's. Then again, maybe she is a beast in the sack....to match her face. ;D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball