Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I'm not running out to bet on OKC winning this series right now. If you know something I don't....do tell, the odds right now have to be about 25-1.
That's an easy call to make now that they're down 1-3.

It's funny that the consensus in this thread has gone from "Miami will be lucky if they can win 2 games this series" to "the Thunder have almost no chance at all against the Heat."

If OKC wins Game 5, I don't see how it doesn't go the distance. I could see OKC blowing out the Heat in Game 6 actually.

Keep in mind that the Thunder lost two very close games to the Heat on the road. Those games really could have gone either way. It's not like the Heat are scoring decisive victories over the Thunder. The last three games were neck and neck until the last minutes.

Plus, this OKC team has already proven their mental toughness. Everyone on this Board thought they were finished against the Spurs, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,093,890 times
Harden's old man game hasn't been that effective against a team that just finished a seven game series against a bunch of old men.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's an easy call to make now that they're down 1-3.

It's funny that the consensus in this thread has gone from "Miami will be lucky if they can win 2 games this series" to "the Thunder have almost no chance at all against the Heat."

If OKC wins Game 5, I don't see how it doesn't go the distance. I could see OKC blowing out the Heat in Game 6 actually.

Keep in mind that the Thunder lost two very close games to the Heat on the road. Those games really could have gone either way. It's not like the Heat are scoring decisive victories over the Thunder. The last three games were neck and neck until the last minutes.

Plus, this OKC team has already proven their mental toughness. Everyone on this Board thought they were finished against the Spurs, too.
I had OKC in 6 I was wrong and I owned it, and other mistakes. Being a Prisoner of the moment is being a fan, nothing more nothing less. On sports radio today I heard a lot about the referees and how one sided it is in favor of Miami. I haven't heard really that much about it on this forum. IMHO, the refereeing hasn't been that bad, yeah Westbrook took 32 shots last night and only went to the line once or twice but I've seen Bosh and Wade on the floor without any calls either.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:19 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,250 times
Quote:
Plenty of us picked the Heat... The Thunder fans or bandwagoners were just the loudest.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
OKC just needs to take it one at a time...if they can win game 5, i think they win the series going back home kinda like what the Lakers faced in 2010 against Celtics. For game 5, they have to execute better down the stretch by making better decisions. They were right in it for games 3 and 4, but faltered late. It looked like they were going through some growing pains like what the Heat experienced last year. A bunch of 23 yr olds making it to the Finals is a great accomplishment. If they win the title, i believe they're the youngest team to win it. Credit the Heat for playing tough D on them though. I had picked Thunder in 6 possibly 7, but it will have to be 7 now.

On the other hand, i see no problem with Battier finally winning one after a long career. Also, maybe now we won't keep hearing about "Lebron 0 rings" anymore...that was getting really really old.

Last edited by JL; 06-20-2012 at 06:31 PM..

Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
That is funny since the majority that picked the Heat to win picked them to win in seven. I doubt it goes seven, but if it does, that's great news for the Thunder. They won't lose a game 7.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:12 AM

410 posts, read 341,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
After OKC jumped out to a 17 point lead in Game 4 and still ended up losing, there is no way they any mental energy left for Game 5.

When you lay it all out on the floor to win and still lose, the other team is BETTER
You won't hear any excuses from me. Miami is simply playing better basketball right now. I think the Thunder are going to be the team of the future though.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 AM

What was that swoosh i just heard? Was it Battier making another damned 3?

LOL.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
OKC just needs to take it one at a time...if they can win game 5, i think they win the series going back home kinda like what the Lakers faced in 2010 against Celtics. For game 5, they have to execute better down the stretch by making better decisions. They were right in it for games 3 and 4, but faltered late. It looked like they were going through some growing pains like what the Heat experienced last year. A bunch of 23 yr olds making it to the Finals is a great accomplishment. If they win the title, i believe they're the youngest team to win it. Credit the Heat for playing tough D on them though. I had picked Thunder in 6 possibly 7, but it will have to be 7 now.

On the other hand, i see no problem with Battier finally winning one after a long career. Also, maybe now we won't keep hearing about "Lebron 0 rings" anymore...that was getting really really old.
Great posr.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:18 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
I think OKC needs to play zone. Going mano y mano against the Heat is just too tough. You've got to force them to make jump shots. Battier is getting too many good looks because of the attention Wade and Lebron command any time they touch the ball. A zone defense will hopefully take away some of their penetration and most of those open shots.

A zone will also help keep KD out of foul trouble. Having him on the bench during the final minutes of the third quarter of Game 3 did not help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball