U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2012, 07:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 26,361,639 times

Advertisements

I was hoping to see more basketball (sigh). But I'm glad Lebron was able to get his ring. Now the haters can get off his back.

On to London...

http://hoopsduo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/usa-.jpg
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 08:55 AM

52,176 posts, read 41,971,337 times
Fisher showed some life for OKC but his defense is godawful at this stage of his career.

I reiterate my comment that Miami appeared to break the will of OKC in the 2nd quarter of game 4.

And lastly, Westbrook at 4-20 needs to settle down. If he can mature and be less erratic that will take OKC further.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,463,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Fisher showed some life for OKC but his defense is godawful at this stage of his career.

I reiterate my comment that Miami appeared to break the will of OKC in the 2nd quarter of game 4.

And lastly, Westbrook at 4-20 needs to settle down. If he can mature and be less erratic that will take OKC further.

He has to feel like a "wet newspaper" because of how he purposely joined OKC so he could get another ring and ended up looking foolish. I doubt if they even sign him back because he did nothing in this series along with Ibaka, Harden, Perkins, and Collison.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,890,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I actually said in the past that the Heat WOULD eventually win a championship.

I was only saying that they wouldn't be the unstoppable team that many of you guys were saying they were.

I knew they would EVENTUALLY win a championship.

Did I EVER say they wouldn't win a championship???

Some of you were acting like they would win 4 out of the next 5 championships.

I don't recall all the comments you made 2 years ago, and don't care enough to look that far back. But you said this to me two weeks ago:

"Hi Greg, still picking the Heat to win it all?"

as some kind of sarcastic little jab. Well, yes I did pick them to win it all, and they did. I don't recall you ever saying this team would win it all, and again don't care to look that far back, but it was rather humorous seeing you on the Heat bandwagon the past week knowing how you revolve around the Lakers.

Last edited by Roman77; 06-22-2012 at 09:21 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,014,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I don't recall all the comments you made 2 years ago, and don't care enough to look that far back. But you said this to me two weeks ago:

"Hi Greg, still picking the Heat to win it all?"

as some kind of sarcastic little jab. Well, yes I did pick them to win it all, and they did. I don't recall you ever saying this team would win it all, and again don't care to look that far back, but it was rather humorous seeing you on the Heat bandwagon the past week knowing how you revolve around the Lakers.
You don't get it.

I made that sarcastic remark because you chose to put me on ignore.

I picked the Heat because I can't STAND the Thunder.

The only team I hate more than the Thunder are the Spurs.

You also picked the Heat to win it a few years back and you were WRONG.

I still love the Lakers more than the Heat and that will NEVER change.

I knew the Heat were capable of winning at some point within a few years.

I never doubted the Heat could win a championship but you guys were acting like they would just steam roll over everybody.

Quit trying to fight with me and just enjoy the Heat's championship.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
You don't get it.

I made that sarcastic remark because you chose to put me on ignore.

I picked the Heat because I can't STAND the Thunder.

The only team I hate more than the Thunder are the Spurs.

You also picked the Heat to win it a few years back and you were WRONG.

I still love the Lakers more than the Heat and that will NEVER change.

I knew the Heat were capable of winning at some point within a few years.

I never doubted the Heat could win a championship but you guys were acting like they would just steam roll over everybody.

Quit trying to fight with me and just enjoy the Heat's championship.
Yes, because you made some comment about hating the Thunder because Harden looked like Black Jesus, and went down the list of insulting Westbrook and Durant's appearance. I've got as much a sense of humor as the next guy, but it wasn't something I cared to see anymore from you and you were put on ignore. Obviously, I've since taken you off.

As for being wrong about the Heat, I said they'd win a championship. I don't even recall saying that they'd win it the first year( though making the finals the first go-around isn't a bad result, is it?). I distinctly remember saying their chances of winning it all were probably better the FOLLOWING year( in other words this year), because they'd have had a year of playing together. So, I was wrong about nothing. I said the Heat would win, and they did. I don't recall ever saying they were potentially the greatest team in NBA history.

In any event, you could have made any sarcastic remark but chose to randomly throw in the 'Hey, still think the Heat are winning it all'. Hey's it's all good, a little trashtalk on your part, but don't act all innocent about it.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,014,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yes, because you made some comment about hating the Thunder because Harden looked like Black Jesus, and went down the list of insulting Westbrook and Durant's appearance. I've got as much a sense of humor as the next guy, but it wasn't something I cared to see anymore from you and you were put on ignore. Obviously, I've since taken you off.

As for being wrong about the Heat, I said they'd win a championship. I don't even recall saying that they'd win it the first year( though making the finals the first go-around isn't a bad result, is it?). I distinctly remember saying their chances of winning it all were probably better the FOLLOWING year( in other words this year), because they'd have had a year of playing together. So, I was wrong about nothing. I said the Heat would win, and they did. I don't recall ever saying they were potentially the greatest team in NBA history.

In any event, you could have made any sarcastic remark but chose to randomly throw in the 'Hey, still think the Heat are winning it all'. Hey's it's all good, a little trashtalk on your part, but don't act all innocent about it.
Someone else called Harden the unabomber in this forum, you should put them on ignore too.

I still stand by by comments describing their appearance.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Someone else called Harden the unabomber in this forum, you should put them on ignore too.

I still stand by by comments describing their appearance.
I saw your comments and I acted accordingly, taking into account some of my posting history with you. The 'unabomber' commentary is equally as assinine from whoever said it.

As for your views on their appearance, whatever.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
JJG

13,250 posts, read 19,230,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
That's not a stupid question, the way the media is portraying it, it's all about James getting his first ring. ESPN has called it LeBron's night. Pretty sure he plays on a team and there are plenty of other guys who have never won a title on the team..............
.... I was being sarcastic.

Personally, I couldn't give two sh*ts about LeBron or the Heat.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,791,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Looking back at the series and how close the first 4 games were, Miami was really 5 points from sweeping this series. I was really impressed with how Battier, Chalmers, and Miller showed up. These guys were big in the finals, well Miller game 5 but wow, nothing like waiting for the finals to kill it.
I think this was the best case scenario for the Heat. They played flawlessly and you still never got the impression until half way through game 5 that they Heat were on track to take the series.

Good defense (although the Thunder had open shots most of the series and couldn't hit)

EXCELLENT FT shooting- they got some good calls and took advantage of that on the line.

Bench Play- You will never see that again. Chalmers played out of his mind in one game, Battier had a game like that too, Mike Miller's turn was last night (with a bad back).

Lebron was near perfect.

Wade played much better than he ever has all season.

Meanwhile- I think you could say 4 or 5 of the Thunder's key performers were given opportunities to shine and played horribly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball