U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 PM

580 posts, read 736,027 times

Advertisements

What happened to D Wade???????? He really need to step up his game; especially in the 2nd half
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:55 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,648,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I still wasn't too impressed with how Durant played today, but they did really pick it up as a team in the second half. I think it was just nervousness and the heat were coming in with a good amount of confidence after their recent win against Boston.
I think Durant did fine. Westbrook was exploiting the Heat. Yes he took some bad shots, but the Heat have to figure out how to stop him.

1) Tried to use Chalmers and he got cooked
2) Tried Lebron, but then Durant had the mismatch (that's when he started scoring)
3) Tried to guard pick and roll, but whoever switched for the Heat wasn't quick enough to step in front of Westbrook

If I'm the Thunder, I keep Westbrook going like that and let Durant play off of him. As long as you force Lebron to guard him, Durant is going to get his.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
What happened to D Wade???????? He really need to step up his game; especially in the 2nd half
Selfolosha locked him up for one, and two he's playing like a shell of his former shelf. Miami has no shot if that's the best we can expect from him this series.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,149,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
You're not impressed with 36 points on 60% shooting( 17 in 4th quarter), 8 rebounds, 4 assists?
, and he covered Lebron for most of the game. I'm with you on that one, how much better could he do, yea he slowed down in the 2nd but he took over the 4th. As for defending Durant, I don't think anyone in the league can do it.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:04 PM

297 posts, read 340,396 times
Great game 1.

Two observations.

1) The Heat are gonna be in trouble if Battier can't continue to shoot 4/4 from 3-point range in the first half. Offensively Battier and Bosh have been having career games from 3-point range the last couple of games. Still wasn't enough tonight.

2) Like I mentioned on the first page, the Heat will play small ball. This will make Collison a major player in these finals. Did either of Perk or Ibaka even play in the fourth? The problem OKC has with trying to play big against a smaller lineup is that 1) their bigs can not defend the perimeter well enough (this is pretty much true of all bigs). 2) More importantly though Perkins and Ibaka are offensively challenged players. Therefore OKC basically has no benefit in playing both of them out on the court or even just one. A team like the Lakers on the other hand would still play big because the benefit of playing Bynum and Gasol on the offensive end would outweigh their deficiencies defending the perimeter.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 PM

3,522 posts, read 3,925,256 times
absolutely disgusting.

put lebron on westbrook.

live and die by durant.

dwade needs to show up.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 PM

411 posts, read 269,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I still wasn't too impressed with how Durant played today, but they did really pick it up as a team in the second half. I think it was just nervousness and the heat were coming in with a good amount of confidence after their recent win against Boston.
You have GOT to be kidding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,890,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
You have GOT to be kidding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
no no no he's right

because shooting 60% from the field, 50% from 3 point, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 36 points is kind of lame if you think about it. he should've scored 75 points on 99% shooting. durants stat line tonight wasn't impressive at all.

/sarcasm

Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,608 times
I wouldn't hit the panic button yet if I were a Heat fan, but I would definitely be concerned. As I mentioned in my previous post, the common denominator for these two teams is their exit from last year's playoffs. Both teams lost to Dallas, but the manner in which they lost is what was different. With the Thunder, it was a team that lost to Dallas because they were young and didn't know how to finish big games. But just as we saw in their previous series against big-named teams, the Thunder closed it out in the 4th. By contrast, the Miami Heat had trouble finishing off Dallas last year, and they've had trouble finishing teams off this year as well. I think the Heat do well when the Big Three find ways to mix it up, but it's an extremely complicated tandem to run an offense with. In theory, on paper, having those three on the same court ought to equal a championship. But decision-making is what matters in the closing minutes, and decisions (passing, shooting...taking a three or passing it inside) have to be done quickly. I still get the sense that the Heat, not the Thunder, are trying to figure that out from one night to the next.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
It should have been a blowout but the Thunder didn't any get contribution from Harden which meant that Westbrook and Durant had to do a lot more. If Harden was his normal self the Heat would have lost by 20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball