U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,890,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Their vision was suspect...even at the time.

I remember the chatter on Cavs boards about signing Wade or Bosh to join Lebron. The jury was split on Wade and the general consenus was no to Bosh- but Cavs fan figured just sign anyone to keep Lebron here.

I can't recall but didn't Wade have a major injury just prior to this contract? Even so or not so, I didn't think his game which is well noted translates well into his 30s. Wade and Lebron brings similar aspects with their game too- only Lebron dishes out the punishment when he drives.

Now Bosh was a great player on a bad team and I think we are seeing a very good/good player now on a great team. You could sign three decent players with the money you gave him. You could argue the Heat would be better off without him and beside giving that kind of money to one single guy (that is not named Dwight Howard) they should have found a few more pieces.

I watched Lebron and his teams from 03-10 as a Cavs fan. He needed a sidekick, that never truly happened, but he didn't do too badly being "the guy" surrounded by good role players and the Cavs improved the cast of guys around him from 06 to 09. The biggest mistake was taking on Shaq- not from a personnel standpoint but more from a tempo standpoint. A Lebron team- needs to move the ball and have two or three great shooters parked along the three point line- maybe a great big man too?

When Lebron is "the guy" he plays better. This 1A and 1B stuff (Lebron and Wade) hurts the Heat.

I think Heat management thought they could get "good" players chasing a ring and play at the minimum. The last two offseasons that hasn't worked out too well for them.

They had to realize Wade could be on the decline even at the time he signed.
Chemistry would suffer with all these 1 year deals.
Would the the big 3 play show their typical dominence and play team basketball at the same time (tricky balance).

I'm just sitting back with a bag of popcorn taking this all in- FUN stuff.
That's a pretty fair assessment of what's transpired. Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 03:46 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,463,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Harden was on the bench for most of the 4th, not much he can do from there but I think Scott Brooks will want to get him going in game 2. Westbrook had like 7 or 8 more shots than Durant at the end of 3 quarters, if he was passing instead of gunning the Thunder would of won by 20 or more and Durant would of scored 45.
He was on the bench because he was missing layups and wide open jumpshots and not really contributing. So that's why Scott Brooks stuck with the team in the second half that was responsible for the comeback.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:08 PM

5,554 posts, read 5,739,602 times
I think OKC takes it in 5 or 6 (or possibly even a sweep). They are simply a very well connected and cohesive unit and more importantly they've developed together as a team. Everyone plays their part and they play it well and there doesn't seem to be a clash of the egos or anything like that. When someone is hot, there is no hesistation for that player to take over the driver's seat and everyone else will step up as role players

The Heat seem to be like the best pieces of different cars thrown together to make an even better car. While in theory is sounds good, it doesn't necessarily always play out that way. And OKC has convincingly beat every team in their way. I honestly thought Indiana had a legimtimate shot at beating the Heat, and Boston obviously had a chance. On the otherhand OKC swept the first round, took the 2nd round 4-2 and won their last 4 games in the WCF against the hottest team in the league. But the Heat barely crawled into this battered, and bruised with their fingers crossed. I think their getting this far is a bit more of luck than anything.

And i'm not really impressed with the Heat as a team. Their game play is as predictable as the sun rises. When ever they showcase a subpar/inconsistent passing game and ball movement, they always fall back into simply giving the ball to Lebron or Wade in the 4th and they try to shake the defender off of the dribble and hope for the best with low percentage shots or simply driving in the paint and catching a foul. It seems like this is their selling point to make up for a lack of coaching and supportive bench. It's worked with some success, but it really doesn't make them look like a solid team.

Last edited by itshim; 06-13-2012 at 10:22 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,862,672 times
Should have closed this poll already. LOL @ at the jump in votes for Thunder in 6.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Should have closed this poll already. LOL @ at the jump in votes for Thunder in 6.

If the Thunder can win tonight then I like them in 5. No way in hell would they lose 3 in a row

Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM

411 posts, read 270,510 times
Thunder starting cold as always. There's no way the Heat can keep up their desperation intensity for more than 1/3 of the game.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
Thunder starting cold as always. There's no way the Heat can keep up their desperation intensity for more than 1/3 of the game.

14 pt lead with 5 mins left in the 1st qtr means nothing

Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,014,552 times
Goddamnit! 18-2.

If the Heat can't win this game, then they deserve to lose the series.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Goddamnit! 18-2.

If the Heat can't win this game, then they deserve to lose the series.

Why? Since when has a 16 pt lead been safe in the first qtr?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 PM

411 posts, read 270,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
14 pt lead with 5 mins left in the 1st qtr means nothing
when it's the OKC Thunder this is especially true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball