Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:31 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
I am curious why anyone would even pick the Heat in 7? OKC has HCA. Why would the supreme team lose on its home court in the end. OKC dominates at home and has the loudest fans by far...
The Heat have more NBA Finals experience and assuming Chris Bosh will be healthy, it wouldn't surprise me if Miami pulled off a win in Game 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Ok, I thought Boston would make it to the finals, but they are just too banged up. Going into the playoffs, I thought the west were a tougher bunch. OKC dismantled the Spurs so easily once they got going. This one is very hard to decide. I am not going to pick who I want to win it, but who I ultimately think will. I am ging to take into account that Lebron has been here three times now, this being the third. I just can't see him having a "lethargic/ bad" series. I also think Wade is going to step up, because of how little he played in the ECF. Having said that. I really love the way OKC has played lately. I'm not going to be a prisoner of the moment and jump all over Lebron's "thing", but lets face it, he put it down on a very aging, past their prime Boston team, who is led by a guard who cannot shoot an open shot, where when push comes to shove, nobody has to be double teamed because of this. I like Rondo alot, he can look awesome at times, but in the end his inability to shoot an open jumper did them in. As well as Ray Allen never being in the series (at least physically/ one can argue mentally), and Pierce was not the same Pierce we seen win it all three years ago. So weighing who beat who and how, I have to give the edge to OKC. An OKC team who beat a very well balanced team in the Spurs, whom I would deem is more impressive than a banged up over the hill team in Boston. Lebron has a mountain on his back, and for all intense and purposes he beat Boston himself. I'm giving him his props right there. He has been clutch so far in this years playoffs. But unfortunately for him, he's gonna need more against this OKC team who is just as youthful (even younger) and to be brutally honest maybe more cohesive as a unit, and I just don't think Miami is there yet. My only worry is Westbrook trying to be Michael Jordan. If he manages a good assisst to turnover ratio than I think OKC is going to win this, despite whatever Lebron and Wade bring to the table.

When it's all said and done though, Lebron not winning it all will not be because "he" didn't show up. I think he will put up solid numbers. He has played great throughout the playoffs, he is just on a team that doesn't want it as much as he "needs" it. OKC in six. It's almost a wash with Durant/Westbrook vs Lebron/Wade, which because of the supporting cast will be more important than ever. Bosh being back makes it interesting, but I still think OKC will take this one because of their supporting cast as well as their coming together as a unit. To sweep San Antonio after they won 20 games in a row is very impressive.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:39 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
By your thinking... the Heat can only win in 5. cause game 6 & 7 are both in OKC.

The percentages are much better for the Heat to win in 6 or 7 vs 5...
That would be correct. Lebron has the Lebrain problem. Watch him make historical stats in the beginning of the series and then get lost in the end bc his psych is so weak. He will take it all or get thrown off bc of the significance of this particular finals. Durant owns his Lebrain, but maybe Lebron can finally grow up this time and beat a young twenty something team. Good for him if he can. Not seeing it happen though. Last I looked on ESPN...300000 voted on the series having the Thunder on top w 65% of those votes-Its just interesting seeing the general consensus of the outcome.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
The Thunder are just a better team. OKC's big 3 can match Miami's big 3 in scoring, and they have the better bench.
OKC in 6.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
why did the mavs beat the heat last year
bench and interior presence
and the thunder bench > mavs bench > heat bench
aside from bosh who is miamis inside presence? haslem?

sefolosha is a good enough defender to give wade problems (i assume he'll be put on wade).. he wont stop wade but he'll make him work hard like he did to kobe and tony parker.
nobody can guard durant.

okc in 6, and i'll be surprised if it goes 7

Old 06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Thunder in 5 for the reasons below

1. Pacers and Celtics were able to win a game in Miami which lets you know the Thunder who is a much better team will win atleast 2 games in Miami

2. The Thunder are undefeated at home in the 2012 playoffs

3. The Heat are 3-3 on the road in the 2012 playoffs

Old 06-11-2012, 01:01 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
With a 2-3-2 series, if the Heat can win one of two in OKC they'll have home court advantage heading into Miami so I wouldn't be surprised to see this series go 6 or 7 games. I picked OKC in 6 but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7 games and Miami wins it. It should be a good finals.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
With a 2-3-2 series, if the Heat can win one of two in OKC they'll have home court advantage heading into Miami so I wouldn't be surprised to see this series go 6 or 7 games. I picked OKC in 6 but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes 7 games and Miami wins it. It should be a good finals.

I'm stunned that so many people are saying the series will go 7 games when the Heat struggled with the Pacers and beat up Celtics. And on top of that was close to losing a game 7 at home against the old and injured Celtics at home.

So what do you think will happen against the younger and fresh players of the Thunder?

Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm stunned that so many people are saying the series will go 7 games when the Heat struggled with the Pacers and beat up Celtics. And on top of that was close to losing a game 7 at home against the old and injured Celtics at home.

So what do you think will happen against the younger and fresh players of the Thunder?
OKC should win in 6, but I thought the Celtics would beat the Sixers in 5, and I was sure Miami would beat the Celtics in 5. Westbrook might decide to be a gunner one night and Durant might be off another night so I can this series go 7 games. OKC has the more talented team overall, I think most people agree with that but if Wade finds his game this series OKC will be in trouble.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I think most people agree with that but if Wade finds his game this series OKC will be in trouble.
That's a big "if." Wade needs to show some of his 2006 form for the Heat to have a chance in this series. And Mike Miller needs to start making some shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball