Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Right on time, fellas!

Oklahoma City Should Implement a 2-3 Zone Defense Against Miami | Bleacher Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
this has been a real frustrating finals to watch. durant despite what his numbers show has been real unimpressive. the last 2 games in particular. he was just standing by the 3 point line most of the game watching westbrook carry the team. wtf!

and harden is awol this entire series. im not even an okc fan and im frustrated as hell.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
this has been a real frustrating finals to watch. durant despite what his numbers show has been real unimpressive. the last 2 games in particular. he was just standing by the 3 point line most of the game watching westbrook carry the team. wtf!

and harden is awol this entire series. im not even an okc fan and im frustrated as hell.
Durant's fear of foul trouble has turned him into a shooter rather than an all-around player. Harden's old school game isn't effective against Wade's defense.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
You won't hear any excuses from me. Miami is simply playing better basketball right now. I think the Thunder are going to be the team of the future though.

After watching this series, I will never again in life think that just because a team dominates one team means that will dominate another. I'm in complete and total shock right now after the way OKC dominated the spurs. And some people say the Heat didn't have BOSH but how many of us still believed that OKC was still the better team???

Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Whatever they do now doesn't matter, the series is over. They can play any Zone they want but it won't matter one bit.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I will never again in life think that just because a team dominates one team means that will dominate another.
Basketball is a game of matchups. Just because A>B and B>C, doesn't always equate to A>C.I'm sure you've been told this a number of times.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Basketball is a game of matchups. Just because A>B and B>C, doesn't always equate to A>C.I'm sure you've been told this a number of times.
I know it;s just that the Spurs looked so damm dominant against the Clippers by the way they came back from 24 pts down and then took a 2-0 lead and lost four in a row to OKC. So how could anyone not put their money on OKC to win the Finals based on how Miami played in the East?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Whatever they do now doesn't matter, the series is over. They can play any Zone they want but it won't matter one bit.
Miami is not a good shooting team. A zone could be very effective against them.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Miami is not a good shooting team. A zone could be very effective against them.
Miami is not a good shooting team?????? That's it I;m calling the eye surgeon so I can schedule my eye surgery for next week. The doctor will have to fix my vision because I thought I saw this below in the past 4 games

Battier hitting several open shots
Chalmers hitting several open shots
Cole hitting several open shots
Bosh hitting several open shots
Lebron hitting several open shots
Wade hitting open shots

Their only weak shooters from what I have seen is Miller Miller and Haslem. Or this could be because my vision is WEAK and need fixing. On hold now waiting to schedule my eye suregery

Old 06-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Miami is not a good shooting team?????? That's it I;m calling the eye surgeon so I can schedule my eye surgery for next week. The doctor will have to fix my vision because I thought I saw this below in the past 4 games

Battier hitting several open shots
Chalmers hitting several open shots
Cole hitting several open shots
Bosh hitting several open shots
Lebron hitting several open shots
Wade hitting open shots

Their only weak shooters from what I have seen is Miller Miller and Haslem. Or this could be because my vision is WEAK and need fixing. On hold now waiting to schedule my eye suregery
Battier has by far been the most consistent shooter this series. And he gets a lot of open looks because of Wade's and LBJ's kickouts from penetration. If you can limit their penetration, you can limit the number of open looks Battier gets.

Chalmers is not consistent.

Cole is not consistent.

Wade sure as hell ain't consistent from the outside.

Lebron has improved, but he's still streaky.

Bosh is the best perimeter shooter of the Big 3. But that's not saying a whole lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball