U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 AM

20 posts, read 25,516 times

Advertisements

With the Thunder beating the Spurs in 6, and the Heat beating the Celtics in 7, both Kevin and LeBron will be on fire. James has an average of over 30 points a game in the 2011-2012 playoffs compared to Kevin Durant's 27.8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 PM

51,904 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsVikingsWild View Post
With the Thunder beating the Spurs in 6, and the Heat beating the Celtics in 7, both Kevin and LeBron will be on fire. James has an average of over 30 points a game in the 2011-2012 playoffs compared to Kevin Durant's 27.8.
Durant has A LOT more help than Lebron does.

Neither can be guarded one on one and OKC has the better interior defense.....but Lebron is a more experienced and better defended than Durant.

If Lebron can give Durant problems and win the series, all the BS about him being non-clutch blah blah blah will disappear.

Reminds me of the Bulls 1st title and all my Celtics loving cousins dogged jordan as a great individual talent but incapable of leading a team to a championship. Then they beat the Magic-lead Lakers with Pippen giving Magic a hard time in the series.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,532,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Reminds me of the Bulls 1st title and all my Celtics loving cousins dogged jordan as a great individual talent but incapable of leading a team to a championship. Then they beat the Magic-lead Lakers with Pippen giving Magic a hard time in the series.
Ah yes, I remember that series well. We (the Lakers) took Game 1 on the road, then got waxed in 4 straight by the Bulls. One of those games went to OT (Game 3 I believe), but the others were mostly controlled by the Bulls. Bulls dynasty begins, Showtime ends.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Ah yes, I remember that series well. We (the Lakers) took Game 1 on the road, then got waxed in 4 straight by the Bulls. One of those games went to OT (Game 3 I believe), but the others were mostly controlled by the Bulls. Bulls dynasty begins, Showtime ends.
Yip...

And Game 1 came down to a last minute shot Jordan missed. So you could say they controlled all the games... And the Lakers were lucky to even win game 1.

And yes Game 3 went to OT... by a last second shot by Jordan to tie and send it to OT. Pippen fouled out of that game... And Jordan went ape in OT. The game was never close in OT.

That series was dominated by the Bulls.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:34 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,889,596 times
...who did lebron have to guard last year in the mavs series..
2011 thunder > 2010 mavs, who beat basically this same heat team. okc in 6

Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,124 times
OKC hasn't played a team as physical as Miami, but L.A. has at least a dose of what they might expect against Miami, and L.A. was taller. Miami can win this series but this could be one of those series that depends more on guys like Chalmers and Battier to get hot from the 3-point line as much as it does for Miami's big three to score.

I look at it this way. Both teams are facing the teams they'd least like to play coming out of the semis. Miami would have much rather played older, slower San Antonio, even if they're technically as flawless as any team in the NBA. Likewise, the Thunder would have rather played the older, slower Celtics, even with all their moxie.

This series is hard to pick, but I think that OKC looks more like the complete team. But Miami got close last year, and that was their first year playing together as a team. The last two games, Miami has looked brilliant - at least in stretches. They've closed out games. Ought to be a great series. I'm pulling for OKC and picking OKC, but I'd be okay with a Miami win and it would be good to see LBJ finally win one.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Quote:

If Lebron can give Durant problems and win the series, all the BS about him being non-clutch blah blah blah will disappear.
Jordan's ability to rise to the occasion, his heart, his clutch ability, even when the Bulls were losing to Detroit over and over again, was never in doubt. It truly was a case where he didn't have the help he needed, until Pippen and Grant developed into dependable complimentary talents.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:43 AM

51,904 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Jordan's ability to rise to the occasion, his heart, his clutch ability, even when the Bulls were losing to Detroit over and over again, was never in doubt. It truly was a case where he didn't have the help he needed, until Pippen and Grant developed into dependable complimentary talents.
Yeah, but I had to go to bed early last night and woke up to ESPN basically blaming Lebron because he only had 5pts in the 4th quarter.

I then noticed that Bosh (not fully healed?) had 10pts, 5 rebs and Wade shot 7-19.

Keep in mind, I'm actually rooting fotr OKC. I'm just recognizing that OKC has some high end talent and then massively outclasses the Heat after the first couple guys on the roster. I knew OKC had the talent, I just didn't know if they had the experience to break out this year.

P.S. Credit their fans for their 9-0 home streak in the playoffs too. I love the energy of their fans....not sitting there tapping away on their cell phones making their next plastic surgery appt.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Quote:
Yeah, but I had to go to bed early last night and woke up to ESPN basically blaming Lebron because he only had 5pts in the 4th quarter.

I then noticed that Bosh (not fully healed?) had 10pts, 5 rebs and Wade shot 7-19.
Can't put last night on Lebron. All around solid effort, along with unexpected scoring help from Chalmers and(especially) Battier. I don't think Bosh is healthy yet, judging by his movement( jumpshot looks good though). As for Wade......well Wade is going to have a tough time all series. He's been inconsistent all playoffs, and he's going to have to guard Westbrook and Harden at times, while being defended by Selfolosha.

If Lebron's the only one of the stars producing, Miami isn't winning. I would have liked to have seen him score more in the 4th to counter Durant, but overall it's asinine to blame him for last night. Durant and Westbrook alone outscored the Heat big three......

Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
As for Wade......well Wade is going to have a tough time all series. He's been inconsistent all playoffs, and he's going to have to guard Westbrook and Harden at times, while being defended by Selfolosha.

What's with him guarding Durant at times... Was he just getting caught in switches?

Tell me that is not by design... because that is a terrible matchup for Wade. And I think it bothers his psyche a bit... then combine that with Selfolosha completely frustrating him and you have a player who was a shell of himself... sad.

Lebron played well... but in the Finals he has to play great. The thing that Jordan, Magic, Bird, and Isiah had, was the ability to elevate their game even further during the finals. The biggest moment. So if Jordan averaged 30 during the season. He would average 35 in the finals. Lebron needs to understand he has to elevate his play... just being consistent is not what the "stars" do!

I do not blame last nights loss on him but he certainly didnt show anything that he hasnt already shown. I mean, he could have literally gotten to the rim any time he wanted too. He settle for too many J's instead of just attacking the basket. when players drive it shows their will to win. It will make an opponent question themselves. I wanna see that out of Lebron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or