Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:48 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

I never like to see grown men crying on camera after a loss because it makes them look mentally weak. Nothing with crying once you are alone and in private but not on TV for the world to see. As a star player after a loss in the Finals, he is supposed to show ANGER not Sadness because it would show how mentally strong he is and how he wants to get back to the Finals next year. And what's up with hugging his mom after a loss anyway? He has done that the last two games and I;m sorry but I lost a little respect for him after that because you only cry after a WIN.

I never ever seen Magic, Bird, or Isiah cry after a loss in the Finals. Very disappointed in Durant after seeing that last night.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:55 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
You're reaching with this comment. he's only 22 years old, he could only legally buy a beer last year. Let that dude grow and mature.

If anything, to me it showed just how bad he wants it, and how disappointed he might be in himself. Either way, Durant is probably the most humble player in the NBA.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Oh, so you're the one who wrote this bulls**t on insidehoops.com last night. Don't be ridiculous; it's clear you've never played an organized sport in your life. I hope this thread gets locked, for eff sakes.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You're reaching with this comment. he's only 22 years old, he could only legally buy a beer last year. Let that dude grow and mature.

If anything, to me it showed just how bad he wants it, and how disappointed he might be in himself. Either way, Durant is probably the most humble player in the NBA.

I thought he was 23? For years I was under the assumption that men only cry when they win the title like Jordan. I was surprised Lebron didn't cry last night

Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Oh, so you're the one who wrote this bulls**t on insidehoops.com last night. Don't be ridiculous; it's clear you've never played an organized sport in your life. I hope this thread gets locked, for eff sakes.

You talk as if every single superstar cried after they loss in the Finals which is not the case which is why the stars below is my favorite players of all time.

Magic
Drexeler
Isiah
Bird
Barkley.

And yes I played organized sports and lost but held my emotions in until I was alone not around other people

Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You talk as if every single superstar cried after they loss in the Finals which is not the case which is why the stars below is my favorite players of all time.

Magic
Drexeler
Isiah
Bird
Barkley.

And yes I played organized sports and lost but held my emotions in until I was alone not around other people
I don't give a rat's azz about which superstars have and haven't cried; everyone handles things in their own way. But it hasn't a damn thing to do with mental weakness. Toss this in the bin with the rest of your moronic statements.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I don't give a rat's azz about which superstars have and haven't cried; everyone handles things in their own way. But it hasn't a damn thing to do with mental weakness. Toss this in the bin with the rest of your moronic statements.
Well I guess we will just have to both agree that some superstars are stronger than others and handles things a lot differently after a loss.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,222 times
It's easy to criticize someone else's experience that you yourself have never been through. And who are you to tell someone how he should or should not respond to a situation? Durant doesn't know who the f*** you are and doesn't care.
Quote:
Crying isn't a sign of weakness though, maybe in your little world.
Unless Mommy and Daddy beat that into your head. When I read such "tough love" statements like the OP, my parents came to mind.

Last edited by phoenix_talons; 06-22-2012 at 09:24 AM..

Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well I guess we will just have to both agree that some superstars are stronger than others and handles things a lot differently after a loss.
Crying isn't a sign of weakness though, maybe in your little world. Thanks for wasting space on the forum with this garbage.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Crying isn't a sign of weakness though, maybe in your little world. Thanks for wasting space on the forum with this garbage.

Well maybe we come from different parts of the country but where I come from if you are a grown man and your mom is standing there emotional after you lose a game you have to be strong for her and not break down. But like I said maybe that's not the case where you are from but I know being from Philly it's a completely thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball