U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,408,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think the offensive foul should be eliminated completely because it will end flopping. It doesn't need to be a offensive foul in the NBA when someone can just play defense instead falling on the floor.

And I always hated seeing the refs make that call late in the game when two teams are tied up

There's a game like that, it's called: penitentiary basketball, aka jungle ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
There's a game like that, it's called: penitentiary basketball, aka jungle ball.

Or the NBA Street League

Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,058,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
Yeah well without offensive fouls you wouldn't be watching any NBA because the league would fold because the sport wouldn't be able to survive.
The offensive foul shouldn't be eliminated per say. But the charge should be eliminated. Or make the no charge zone much larger. Maybe even the entire paint. And the NBA would be just fine without the charge.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,180,065 times
Arguing with the umpire or referees is as old as sports.

I.e....the baseball manager kicking dust towards the umpire. Isn't that about as old as baseball itself? I think the strike zone in baseball is much more subjective than most NBA calls that refs make.

-I'd like to see the rule about offensive fouls/charges become clearer. The announcers could probably do a better job of explaining exactly what is and isn't an offensive foul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or