U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando Magic Trading Dwight Howard for Bynum good deal?
Yes For Orlando 0 0%
Yes For L.A. 17 70.83%
Yes For Both Teams 4 16.67%
No For Neither Team 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:32 PM

2,363 posts, read 4,425,708 times

Advertisements

Orlando Magic Trading Dwight Howard for Bynum?

How do you all feel about this?
As a Magic fan I'm all for shipping Dwight out of here. But any viewpoint from other fans? I'm Biased of course.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Orlando Magic Trading Dwight Howard for Bynum?

How do you all feel about this?
As a Magic fan I'm all for shipping Dwight out of here. But any viewpoint from other fans? I'm Biased of course.
The drop-off from Dwight to Bynum is large and will fix nothing for Orlando....actually they will regress.

Do you have any idea why Orlando has struggled? Arenas, Turkoglu etc. should pop immediately into your head....not Dwight.

Your team is one of the worst won franchises in the NBA. Other than winning the lottery and picking Dwight (which is a duh move) I can't name a good move they've made in quite some time. I put them on par with Cleveland in terms of their management ability. But hey, you are still better run than the Knicks and Bobcats.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,949,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The drop-off from Dwight to Bynum is large and will fix nothing for Orlando....actually they will regress.

Do you have any idea why Orlando has struggled? Arenas, Turkoglu etc. should pop immediately into your head....not Dwight.

Your team is one of the worst won franchises in the NBA. Other than winning the lottery and picking Dwight (which is a duh move) I can't name a good move they've made in quite some time. I put them on par with Cleveland in terms of their management ability. But hey, you are still better run than the Knicks and Bobcats.
Ah come on. JJ has done well. Ryan Anderson was good pickup in trade. Bringing in Martin Gortat. Both Bass and Baby have shown up in games this post season.

Sure, Otis Smith made some terrible deals like sending Gortat and Carter for Richardson and Hedo, Lewis for Arenas, ... yep more bad moves ... , drafting that spanish dude, ... yep more bad moves... now Smith is long gone.

As to Dwight... the Magic will ride him. Ownership already stated that last year. As a magic fan, you try and force him to a contract prior to trade dealine. He doesn't sign then you ship him to the best current offer and force the other team to take Hedo in the package, whether that be Golden State, New Jersey, etc.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:13 AM

1,815 posts, read 1,762,738 times
My opinion is that last year was way too unsettled in Orlando----just way too much uncertainty and rumor filled days.

I think Howard wants to move on to a larger market------I am not going to blast him or castigate him for it. I think it would be great for Orlando if he stays and commits for the long term----but I dont think that is realistically going to happen.

Therefore, I think it would be best of the Magic to get the best deal they can for Howard this off season. Bynum would help the Magic, but the new GM should sit back and let the bidding begin.

I just think the team, the city, and the fans cant go through the roller coaster ride they had to go through this year. If DH wants to move on make it happen and maximize your return----never easy to trade a dominating player, but I think the majority of Magic fans would probably say its time.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,903,709 times
I don't see Orlando doing it. There are better offers out there especially when other teams can give the Magic multiple players. Bynum's degenerative knees are gonna kill any chances. I don't see the Magic building a team on a player with those kind of knees and just getting one player to rebuild their entire franchise. One thing i agree is that Howard will be gone this summer. The Magic won't go through this circus again.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I don't see Orlando doing it. There are better offers out there especially when other teams can give the Magic multiple players. Bynum's degenerative knees are gonna kill any chances. I don't see the Magic building a team on a player with those kind of knees and just getting one player to rebuild their entire franchise. One thing i agree is that Howard will be gone this summer. The Magic won't go through this circus again.
Agreed. The Bulls for example could give A LOT better than Bynum and still have plenty of talent.

Besides, if I'm Howard....I'm not sticking around LA to watch Kobe jack up 32 shots in a game and then blame him for not being involved.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,909,758 times
The Rockets are possibly going to give Orlando 3 first rounders for Howard (14, 16, 18).

Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The Rockets are possibly going to give Orlando 3 first rounders for Howard (14, 16, 18).
Mid first rounders are meh though.

Consensus best center in the league is worth wayyyyy more than that.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,903,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Mid first rounders are meh though.

Consensus best center in the league is worth wayyyyy more than that.
They are trying to secure the #4th and #8th pick in tomorrow's draft and also will likely throw in expiring contracts to trade for Howard. Darryl Morey(Rockets GM) has had virtually no sleep the past 2 days. I can't see the Magic turning down two lottery picks that high since the Nets and Mavs can't make better offers. Still a ways to go for the Rockets to get those two picks though.

Last edited by JL; 06-27-2012 at 08:44 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 10:11 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,202,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Ah come on. JJ has done well. Ryan Anderson was good pickup in trade. Bringing in Martin Gortat. Both Bass and Baby have shown up in games this post season.

Sure, Otis Smith made some terrible deals like sending Gortat and Carter for Richardson and Hedo, Lewis for Arenas, ... yep more bad moves ... , drafting that spanish dude, ... yep more bad moves... now Smith is long gone.

As to Dwight... the Magic will ride him. Ownership already stated that last year. As a magic fan, you try and force him to a contract prior to trade dealine. He doesn't sign then you ship him to the best current offer and force the other team to take Hedo in the package, whether that be Golden State, New Jersey, etc.
Hey, leave my team out of it (Warriors). After acquiring most of our current guys, we won't be trading for DH unless he agrees to an extension prior to the trade. Previously we were trying to rebuild now we are a little more than half way there and with 4 picks in tomorrows draft, we potentially could be alot better. Especially if we trade away the #7 for a decent SF not named Wilson Chandler. Also the Hedo inclusion was all over ESPN at this years trade deadline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball