Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times

Advertisements

Chris Bosh cried last year after they lost against the Mavs.

Shaquille Oneal cried after being swept by the Rockets.

More players cry after losing the championship than you may realize that you never get to see.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:34 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well maybe we come from different parts of the country but where I come from if you are a grown man and your mom is standing there emotional after you lose a game you have to be strong for her and not break down. But like I said maybe that's not the case where you are from but I know being from Philly it's a completely thing.
It ain't a Philly thing. I'm sure there are many in Philly that don't subscribe to that "old school" idea. It has more to do with generation gap than geography. What you described sounds exactly like the crackpot attitude my parents, their generation and before have been fostering on their kids. I take it you don't have kids yourself?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:34 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Chris Bosh cried last year after they lost against the Mavs.

Shaquille Oneal cried after being swept by the Rockets.

More players cry after losing the championship than you may realize that you never get to see.

I remember Bosh and that was a disgrace the way he fell to the ground after losing. It just so many things wrong with the NBA today that I;m not even sure I want to continue watching after this season.

Emotional Superstars after losses

Fraudulent Refs

Cheerleading Announcers

Crappy Finals Coverage by ABC

Softness of the League

Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
It ain't a Philly thing. I'm sure there are many in Philly that don't subscribe to that "old school" idea. It has more to do with generation gap than geography. What you described sounds exactly like the crackpot attitude my parents, their generation and before have been fostering on their kids. I take it you don't have kids yourself?
Nope I;m don't have kids. But even if you noticed after Game 4, Durant was emotional and hugging his mom after a loss and his teammates were pulling him away because it wasn't a good look. When you lose you are supposed with your team not your mommy.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
I thought he was 23? For years I was under the assumption that men only cry when they win the title like Jordan. I was surprised Lebron didn't cry last night
Dont be ridiculous. The guy is passionate about OKC and expressed emotions over failing to deliver the championship to his supporters. You need to stop projecting your definition of a man on him.

Good effort by the OKC Thunder...but this was definitely LBJ's year. I am happy for him.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
I remember Bosh and that was a disgrace the way he fell to the ground after losing. It just so many things wrong with the NBA today that I;m not even sure I want to continue watching after this season.

Emotional Superstars after losses

Fraudulent Refs

Cheerleading Announcers

Crappy Finals Coverage by ABC

Softness of the League
LMAO!!!

Let's not forget McGrady crying after a playoff series loss with the Rockets.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Well maybe we come from different parts of the country but where I come from if you are a grown man and your mom is standing there emotional after you lose a game you have to be strong for her and not break down. But like I said maybe that's not the case where you are from but I know being from Philly it's a completely thing.
Oh please, it's not a regional thing. It's a 'the latest in a long line of dumb comments from TVSG' thing.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Dont be ridiculous.
In TVSG's case, it's too late.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Dont be ridiculous. The guy is passionate about OKC and expressed emotions over failing to deliver the championship to his supporters. You need to stop projecting your definition of a man on him.

Good effort by the OKC Thunder...but this was definitely LBJ's year. I am happy for him.

I think it's the hugging his mom that makes it looks bad. He did that after Game 4 and 5. Did you see his teammates trying to pull him away from his mom after game 4 while he was hugging her and crying?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Oh please, it's not a regional thing. It's a 'the latest in a long line of dumb comments from TVSG' thing.

Did you see Durant crying with his Mom after Game 4 and his teammates were pulling him away because it wasn't a good look?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball