U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM
 
52,332 posts, read 42,100,175 times
Reputation: 32656

Advertisements

How is that whole "we are going to get Lebron" thing working out for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2012, 02:33 PM
 
2,496 posts, read 3,664,697 times
Reputation: 4857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How is that whole "we are going to get Lebron" thing working out for you?
Ouch lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 PM
 
52,332 posts, read 42,100,175 times
Reputation: 32656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Ouch lol
well, I kept hearing how if you played in NY you'd get more press, attention and money etc.

Personally, I think that's old print media BS....in that now you can be watched in Bejing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,748 posts, read 3,364,616 times
Reputation: 6480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How is that whole "we are going to get Lebron" thing working out for you?
I NEVER wanted LeBron. I just want to beat him. We've beaten him twice this year by 20+. We'll see in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,574,168 times
Reputation: 9451
I think it would have been nice for Lebron to go to a big city team like NYC because it would have been great for the league
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 AM
 
52,332 posts, read 42,100,175 times
Reputation: 32656
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think it would have been nice for Lebron to go to a big city team like NYC because it would have been great for the league
I don't think so. It's not 1953 with reporters running to payphones to get thier "scoop" to the press.

It's the internet age. Geographical constraints have vanished and you can see kids running around Beijing wearing Durant Jerseys.

Lebron was the biggest star in the league (or at least top 2) back when he played in.....Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,574,168 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't think so. It's not 1953 with reporters running to payphones to get thier "scoop" to the press.

It's the internet age. Geographical constraints have vanished and you can see kids running around Beijing wearing Durant Jerseys.

Lebron was the biggest star in the league (or at least top 2) back when he played in.....Cleveland.

Come on, Lebron James playing in Madison Square Garden 40 times a season???? That would have been too big and very attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
 
52,332 posts, read 42,100,175 times
Reputation: 32656
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Come on, Lebron James playing in Madison Square Garden 40 times a season???? That would have been too big and very attractive.
Well, let's see...the OKC city thunder are neck and neck with the Knicks in attendance at 7th and 8th and OKC gets better TV ratings. Seems like this magical "too big" garbage is just that.

You don't have to be in NY to be the biggest name in the sport, that's been clearly proven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,574,168 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, let's see...the OKC city thunder are neck and neck with the Knicks in attendance at 7th and 8th and OKC gets better TV ratings. Seems like this magical "too big" garbage is just that.

You don't have to be in NY to be the biggest name in the sport, that's been clearly proven.

My point is Lebron is already big time and playing in a city that is big time would have just generated higher ratings and increased the fan base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Whittier
3,007 posts, read 5,138,693 times
Reputation: 3036
Hey Knicks! Don't beat the Lakers too bad tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top