U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
 
1,825 posts, read 2,487,754 times
Reputation: 4143

Advertisements

I recently taped MJ's Flu game on my DVR (NBA Hardwood Classics) and for some reason, it won't play. I want to show the game to someone who never got to see him play. Does anyone know where I can view/buy a copy of the game in its entirety? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,887,254 times
Reputation: 1802
I'd recommend tracking down a copy of this:

http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Ultimate-A...ef=pd_cp_mov_1

And this:

http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Dynasty-Ch...+Bulls+dynasty

Though you may have to go on ebay for them....yikes at those prices!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,312 posts, read 26,320,585 times
Reputation: 11778
I always thought Jordan was faking a bit during that game. Not that it really mattered since he went off for 38 anyway. But anytime a big game comes up, players always claim that they're suffering from "flu-like symptoms." You can't lose playing the "flu-like symptoms" card. If you have a bad game, it's because you were sick. If you have a great game, it's because you're heroic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 12:30 PM
 
52,099 posts, read 41,919,559 times
Reputation: 32515
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I always thought Jordan was faking a bit during that game. Not that it really mattered since he went off for 38 anyway. But anytime a big game comes up, players always claim that they're suffering from "flu-like symptoms." You can't lose playing the "flu-like symptoms" card. If you have a bad game, it's because you were sick. If you have a great game, it's because you're heroic.
I would think that will all of his playoff appearances one could give him the benefit of the doubt that he was sick during one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 AM
 
457 posts, read 538,043 times
Reputation: 344
youtube it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 13 hours ago)
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,221 posts, read 10,448,793 times
Reputation: 11237
They played it on the NBA channel during Finals week; I'm sure it will play again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I always thought Jordan was faking a bit during that game. Not that it really mattered since he went off for 38 anyway. But anytime a big game comes up, players always claim that they're suffering from "flu-like symptoms." You can't lose playing the "flu-like symptoms" card. If you have a bad game, it's because you were sick. If you have a great game, it's because you're heroic.
Anyone with 20/20 vision could see he was faking and it was all for show. OP I believe you can find any Bulls game on Youtube. The days of needing a copy of a NBA game is over now that we are in the youtube era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2012, 05:27 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,887,254 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Anyone with 20/20 vision could see he was faking and it was all for show.
Considering the hundreds of big games Jordan played in, exactly why would he fake it for this particular game?He had no history of faking injuries, or flopping, or other theatrics. And by this point, he was widely considered the best ever. It's not like he needed to do this in order to build his legend or something. It's not like he was faking so that he'd have an excuse if they lost or he didn't perform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Considering the hundreds of big games Jordan played in, exactly why would he fake it for this particular game?He had no history of faking injuries, or flopping, or other theatrics. And by this point, he was widely considered the best ever. It's not like he needed to do this in order to build his legend or something. It's not like he was faking so that he'd have an excuse if they lost or he didn't perform.
If he was that sick he should not have been playing instead of needing Pippen to hold him up when they went to the bench and making it look like he was feeling so bad while playing. Why go through all that when he could be home getting better? Unless they knew they had no shot against the Jazz without Jordan in the lineup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,887,254 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If he was that sick he should not have been playing instead of needing Pippen to hold him up when they went to the bench and making it look like he was feeling so bad while playing. Why go through all that when he could be home getting better? Unless they knew they had no shot against the Jazz without Jordan in the lineup.
Ummm, maybe because he's a competitor and the freakin NBA championship was on the line? It wasn't a damn regular season game, it was game 5 of the NBA finals! A player with Jordan's competitiveness would have to be half-dead to miss a game like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top