Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Well, Dwight wants to be traded and as a Magic fan, I would like to say GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!
I can understand that... u have every right to feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 06:20 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
asik agreed to a deal with the rockets for 25 mil over 3 years. can/will the bulls match?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
asik agreed to a deal with the rockets for 25 mil over 3 years. can/will the bulls match?
I think that's a ton of money for him but I hate to see him go.
The Bulls just have so much depth I just can't see them matching that.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Howard was one of my favorite guys a few yrs ago. The last couple of years he has shown his true colors, premadona just like James IMO. He is the best as his position and he knows it. He is going to hold what ever team he goes to over a barrel until he wins a ring. He may never win that ring because he is holding the team over a barrel. Tim Duncan almost left the spurs, or that was the rumor before he signed his 2nd contract with the spurs. In the end he was never leaving. I know Tim is not the norm but as a spurs fan, I feel blessed to have had him.
Take a minute and look at the Howard situation from the other direction though.

He has put forth 100% and the Magic organization has really let both the team and fans down with their actions over the years.

Howard is just frustrated IMO and hasn't dealt with in the best manner at times so I can understand some of the criticism of him.

Yeah, look at Duncan....now take all those trades that brought in Parker, Ginobli etc and smart free-agent signings (Horry for example) and instead make them Arenas, Turkolu and so forth. Now I certainly think Duncan would have handled it better, but he'd be going WTH!!!!!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:24 AM

manu and tony where not trades, they where drafted. had the magic drafted hedo or gilbert they would have gotten better version of those guys and would have likely been just fine.

i agree that the GM(s) have not been good BUT they did get him enough help to get to the finals, they have been a top tier team all along. he is at odds not just with the talent around him but with his coach, one of the better coaches in the league. he wants out, he wants to go to a bigger market and/or team up with another big name. this all began basically at the exact time lebron and bosh went to miami. he got it stuck in his head that this is the new norm and orlando cant provide that so lets go somewhere that can.

he isnt going on espn and doing a hour long show but he is making a spectacle for sure.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think that's a ton of money for him but I hate to see him go.
The Bulls just have so much depth I just can't see them matching that.
the deal is back loaded for 15mil the last season. he gets like 5, 5, 15. seems odd to me, like the rockets are using him as a bandaid and will dump his expiring contract in the 3rd year. i dont see him being a 15 mil a year player in 2.5 yrs, and i dont see him being an 8mil player over an average of 3 years.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
manu and tony where not trades, they where drafted. had the magic drafted hedo or gilbert they would have gotten better version of those guys and would have likely been just fine.

i agree that the GM(s) have not been good BUT they did get him enough help to get to the finals, they have been a top tier team all along. he is at odds not just with the talent around him but with his coach, one of the better coaches in the league. he wants out, he wants to go to a bigger market and/or team up with another big name. this all began basically at the exact time lebron and bosh went to miami. he got it stuck in his head that this is the new norm and orlando cant provide that so lets go somewhere that can.

he isnt going on espn and doing a hour long show but he is making a spectacle for sure.
The squad that made the finals in 2009 was not a finals calibre team and they got blasted by the Lakers in 5 games. Injuries paved their way kinda like how the Celts almost made the finals this year. They basically got lucky.

So, what does Orlando have now? Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson as thier next best players.
You are calling this a "top tier" team? Sorry, I cannot even remotely accept that.
They are good, they aren't great and their management has been TERRIBLE.

How about that #11 draft pick in 2005? He still plays in Europe. Ooooopsie!
Fran Vázquez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about their 2006 selection? Redick?

Their 2000 and 2001 drafts had 5 picks in the 1st round and would have been guys that could help Howard.
Click on the link to see the brillance of their selections.
Orlando Magic draft history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In short, other than being lucky enough to pick Howard, I'd rate their management over the last 10+ years as being a D-.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM

Injuries to other teams are out of their control. Bottom line they made the finals. Cleveland made the finals on lebrons back and got handled 4-0. While this past season with a pissed Howard was not good, for 3-5 seasons before they were top tier for sure. Put Howard on last seasons team and while not winning a ring, not going out in the 1st.

I agree they can't pick em but to say better picks in 2000, 2001 could have helped Howard is silly. For that mater, better picks then and Howard likely isn't a magic player because they would likely be seeded higher.

Bottom line the magic gave him some talent, and screwed it on other but Howards attitude didn't start until Miami landed lebron/bosh and he went "crap now we are the second best team in Florida".

Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM

276 posts, read 773,975 times
Hopefully the Lakers can swing Bynum for Howard trade.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
No it is not, it is a fair deal, without Kevin, Boston would have not made it to 2 Finals
I totally agree but Rondo probably played the biggest role for the team. I had heard through many contacts that Garnett was gone and the owners didnt want him back. I guess that didn't play out as expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball