U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:00 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

so today is the day, and it (like the draft) seems pretty slow.
seems to me the new cba might have teams a bit scared?

garnett being the biggest signing to date and his 34 mil over 3 years is imo to much.
a few trade talks going on but nothing really standing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:06 AM
 
758 posts, read 1,035,563 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so today is the day, and it (like the draft) seems pretty slow.
seems to me the new cba might have teams a bit scared?

garnett being the biggest signing to date and his 34 mil over 3 years is imo to much.
a few trade talks going on but nothing really standing out.
No it is not, it is a fair deal, without Kevin, Boston would have not made it to 2 Finals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:34 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
last year, dude is going to be 37 before the end of the 1st year of his 3 year contract. he got them to 2 finals yes, but he isnt getting them anywhere on this 3 year contract. this is how teams go from good to bad in a hurry, they offer big contracts to guys who are on the back end of their career. and those 2 finals where 2009-10 and 2007-08, this is 2012-13.

that said, im sure my spurs will offer duncan something similar which i am not happy with either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
 
758 posts, read 1,035,563 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
last year, dude is going to be 37 before the end of the 1st year of his 3 year contract. he got them to 2 finals yes, but he isnt getting them anywhere on this 3 year contract. this is how teams go from good to bad in a hurry, they offer big contracts to guys who are on the back end of their career. and those 2 finals where 2009-10 and 2007-08, this is 2012-13.

that said, im sure my spurs will offer duncan something similar which i am not happy with either.
Do you rather see Duncan leave for another team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 AM
 
758 posts, read 1,035,563 times
Reputation: 324
Well, Dwight wants to be traded and as a Magic fan, I would like to say GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 09:46 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Do you rather see Duncan leave for another team?
That's just it, Duncan isn't going anywhere. He will be a spur or retire. He isn't a greedy player, hell he took a much less then Max last time to afford the team some flexibility to sign free agents last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
 
758 posts, read 1,035,563 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
That's just it, Duncan isn't going anywhere. He will be a spur or retire. He isn't a greedy player, hell he took a much less then Max last time to afford the team some flexibility to sign free agents last time.
Good point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Well, Dwight wants to be traded and as a Magic fan, I would like to say GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!
Howard was one of my favorite guys a few yrs ago. The last couple of years he has shown his true colors, premadona just like James IMO. He is the best as his position and he knows it. He is going to hold what ever team he goes to over a barrel until he wins a ring. He may never win that ring because he is holding the team over a barrel. Tim Duncan almost left the spurs, or that was the rumor before he signed his 2nd contract with the spurs. In the end he was never leaving. I know Tim is not the norm but as a spurs fan, I feel blessed to have had him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 11:11 AM
 
758 posts, read 1,035,563 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Howard was one of my favorite guys a few yrs ago. The last couple of years he has shown his true colors, premadona just like James IMO. He is the best as his position and he knows it. He is going to hold what ever team he goes to over a barrel until he wins a ring. He may never win that ring because he is holding the team over a barrel. Tim Duncan almost left the spurs, or that was the rumor before he signed his 2nd contract with the spurs. In the end he was never leaving. I know Tim is not the norm but as a spurs fan, I feel blessed to have had him.
I wish Lebron never won a ring.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 02:48 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
man are teams going to continue to over pay? i thought the owners wanted to take money away from the players? raptors are offering 3 yrs 36 mil (12/year????????) to 38 yr old steve "bad back" nash? the question is will he ring chase and go with a contender (he was interested in miami) or will he take the money and run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top