Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:05 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times

Advertisements

This is just sick and not fair at this point. These guys do this time and time again. Their superior decision making and ability to plan ahead cannot be matched by any franchise. Under Buss, no franchise in American sports can touch the Lakers.

Thanks to these guys, I feel very confident that the Lakers will never be irrelevant with their lightning fast rebuilding and reloading periods in comparisson to everyone else. It won't even be an issue when Kobe,Pau,and Nash are gone, the Lakers will simply reload and get whoever they want. You better beg your franchise to lock up their superstars.

I can't even comprehend this franchise and how they are so damn amazing. The CBA seemingly revolved around finding away to stop the Lakers FO from making other FO look like high schoolers. Even a vetoed trade and luxury taxes cant' stop them. With their new monstrous TV deal, they can still turn a massive profit.

Dwight will stay long-term. It would be stupid for him to sign an extension, when he can get more by becoming a free agent and re-signing then. He already loves LA, as just about every athlete does. Once he gets a taste of this winning Laker tradition, it's a wrap.

LA BABY!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
ahhh to be a fairweather fan......
i can think of 3 nba franchise who would beg to differ and thats just one sport.
the biggest plus the lakers have is buss doesnt mind paying threw the nose. their front office isnt that great, they just have a ton of money to blow. kobe for 30 mil at 35 years old isnt smart front office.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Los Angeles Lakers

the lakers are at 78 mil next season WITHOUT howard who is likely to test free agency regardless, and if he does sign he is going for max money so 22-25 mil per season. that takes the lakers to about 100 mil and still needing 5 players MINIMUM. that is TERRIBLE front office work especially when they get booted before the nba finals again this year.

ahhh to be a fairweather lakers fan hmmmmmm.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:19 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Well, they have a big bargaining chip in Bynum whom they drafted in the first round. The thing is, I think they've traded away all their first round picks the next 3-4 years so I'm not sure how they will reload.
That being said, with the exception of Bynum, the Lakers haven't had much success drafting players in the past 20 years so maybe it's not such a big deal.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,138,812 times
It should be obvious that Howard isn't all about money otherwise he wouldn't care what team he went to.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times
It was genius by the Lakers...they keep Gasol and give one player away lol that doesn't even go to Orlando.

HAHAAHAHHHAA

Old 08-10-2012, 04:45 PM

276 posts, read 774,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
It was genius by the Lakers...they keep Gasol and give one player away lol that doesn't even go to Orlando.

HAHAAHAHHHAA
Ditto

Funny that Rigas is showing to have sour grapes. =(

Lakers do have the best front office. Some teams rebuild through the draft others do it through trades. If the Lakers decide they want to pony up the cash to make their team better, more power to them. Front office success is ultimately measured in championships. I say they've had a pretty good run in that department.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
yeah sour grapes thats exactly right. good call.

i could care less except for the fact that i disagree. the lakers have a front office that has no concept of doing anything but spend spend spend, trying to buy rings. i find it funny actually. teams like the thunder have a better team and almost literally half the payroll not counting lux tax payments (thunder with zero, lakers undetermined.) spurs have arguably a better team (they did last year anyway) and have about 65% of the salary. the heat are the champs, and they are about 15-20 mil cheaper. the lakers are run just like the yankees, spend spend spend and HOPE that something sticks. the idea that the lakers have such a great front office is laughable. they have a distinct advantage in 2 areas, 1st the owner will spend till no end, and 2nd they are in arguably the largest nba market out there.

sour grapes, yup you got me.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM

276 posts, read 774,192 times
How much did they spend spend spend to land Dwight?

Cheer up, your Laker hatred is sad and borderline pathetic. You sound like Dan Gilbert when he complains about small market teams.

Enjoy your weekend.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBBQ View Post
How much did they spend spend spend to land Dwight?

Cheer up, your Laker hatred is sad and borderline pathetic. You sound like Dan Gilbert when he complains about small market teams.

Enjoy your weekend.
You should get used to his laker hating along with Mathguy and Greg1977 because I have dealt with it for the past year.

They NEVER bad mouth the spurs in any form or fashion.

Mathguy was insulting the Laker fans for even having any hope of obtaining Howard.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
I think the lure of Los Angeles is more the reason than the Laker's front office..the lure of celebrities, glitz and glamour, LA lifestyle, etc.. appeals to professional players in all sports...also, the $$ thrown at players makes it even more enticing...look at Beckham and Pujhos...all that added together makes it pretty easy

Last edited by JL; 08-10-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball