Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 03:04 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
Lakers beat themselves at the free throw line (mainly Howard & Hill). If they would have hit a reasonable percentage on free throws, they would have won that game. Looks like it is going to take a little while for the new players to gel and for everyone to get used to the new offensive scheme. This was a game they should have won though against a Dirkless Mavs. NBA is too tough to give away games like this one.
Mark my words, the Lakers' main problem will be opponents FG%.

Wait for 20-30 games in and let's see where they sit in the league ranks on that stat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 03:18 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,829,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
No mention of Anderson Varajeo's impressive night?? 9 Points, 9 Assists & 23 REBOUNDS!!
When you're on the floor with a Wizards team missing Nene, it kinda cheapens the rebound stat. 23 is still no joke though. Kudos to the big Brazilian.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 PM

9,716 posts, read 7,402,496 times
I could hit 3-14 free throws......................left handed................with a blindfold on.....................with my right hand behind my back. Not the sole reason they lost, but even if Howard shoots 7-14 (which still would've been bad mind you), the Lakers have a much better chance then they do with him shooting 3-14 like he did.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:08 PM

9,716 posts, read 7,402,496 times
Btw, regarding the Raptors. They have some good scorers this year, Fields & Lowry will be a great addidtion at seasons end, and I say we finish in 3rd in the Atlantic (behind the Celtics & Nets) and finish with the 8th seed in the East with a 40-42 record.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:44 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,318,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Wait for 20-30 games in and let's see where they sit in the league ranks on that stat.
I wonder about the Lakers' perimeter defense against the more athletic and elite teams, or teams that just move the ball well. I don't take much stock in the opening game or even the opening five to ten games, but yeah, by December and January, we should begin to get a sense for how good L.A. is at shutting down the perimeter. Mike Brown's forte is defense, and he's got some defensive weapons on the inside. I just wonder if they have the speed and endurance to cover the floor.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I wonder about the Lakers' perimeter defense against the more athletic and elite teams, or teams that just move the ball well. I don't take much stock in the opening game or even the opening five to ten games, but yeah, by December and January, we should begin to get a sense for how good L.A. is at shutting down the perimeter. Mike Brown's forte is defense, and he's got some defensive weapons on the inside. I just wonder if they have the speed and endurance to cover the floor.
They don't.

Kobe, a great defender...is old.
Artest, a great defender once upon a time....hasn't been so in years.
Nash......well um.....I got nothing here.

I just don't see the Lakers getting too far without defense and Howard can't cover for all of them.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,950,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
When you're on the floor with a Wizards team missing Nene, it kinda cheapens the rebound stat. 23 is still no joke though. Kudos to the big Brazilian.
I won't take anything away from him, he was dominant. I watched the whole game. Even though Nene has the size to box him out, he really isn't a great rebounder. It was just a lack of effort on the part of Wizards' bigs. Anderson was all hustle out there.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,045,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

mark my words, the lakers main problem is going to be steve nash and his 72 year old body. hey steve, the devil called and its time to pay up for your mvps.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,045,773 times
there was a lot of talk around spurs blogs about eddie curry and his 7' frame and how he shouldnt have been cut by the spurs. then the mavs picked him up. 2 points, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls and a bunch of goose eggs in 8 minutes.......... yeah cuban can have him.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,463,618 times
Wait, people still think Eddie Curry can play baseketball?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball