Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I guess I'll be tuning into trash tonight. Go Dubs!

I think a large part of my lack of interest is due to location. Since I live in philly i have no reason to be excited about a game in Oakland, CA

And I;m sure you being in Oakland would not have you too excited watching a NBA game in philly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think a large part of my lack of interest is due to location. Since I live in philly i have no reason to be excited about a game in Oakland, CA

And I;m sure you being in Oakland would not have you too excited watching a NBA game in philly
I would watch if they had a more interesting team. I'm not biased against region (even Texas), and enjoyed myself in my visit to Philadelphia last year. The Warriors & Nuggets have solid teamwork (no big stars), though Iguodala has been a spark for the Nuggets, and Harrison Barnes is quickly coming into his own to compliment Lee & Curry on the Warriors.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 PM
FBJ

Breaking News

Greg Popovich decides to bench Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, Danny Green, and Manu Ginobli for tonight's game versus the Miami Heat.

I;m sure TNT is not too happy about that, neither am I.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Lmao! POP! I love it!!!
Pop giving a big FU to the league for the silly scheduling

Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lmao! POP! I love it!!!
Pop giving a big FU to the league for the silly scheduling

Well why didn't he rest the players against the magic and play them against the Heat? I think he should be fined since so many people paid their money.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
FBJ

David Stern released a statement tonight saying he is not happy with the decision that Popovich made tonight and that sanctions will be coming.

Thank you so much Mr. Stern

Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM

Pop doesn't care, and the league has no grounds to do anything. The coach on any team has the right to play any rotation of players at any time he feels like. It's no different then starting them and then calling time out after 3 minutes and benching them which many coaches have done.

Also what difference would sitting them in Orlando instead do? Nobody paid anything extra in Miami that didn't get paid in Orlando.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Pop doesn't care, and the league has no grounds to do anything. The coach on any team has the right to play any rotation of players at any time he feels like. It's no different then starting them and then calling time out after 3 minutes and benching them which many coaches have done.

Also what difference would sitting them in Orlando instead do? Nobody paid anything extra in Miami that didn't get paid in Orlando.

Well Davis Stern stated tonight he will take action and sanctions are coming as they should be since it's only November. You rest players like that the last game of the season not now and I can't wait to see what kind of penalty Popovich gets for this dumb decision

Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 PM

Stern is gonna go all Obama on us and over reach his power with some executive orders?

Laughable!

What's he gonna do fine pop? Pop doesn't care, suspend him? He doesn't need to be on the bench every game. He can't hand the spurs a loss, change a playoff seed so in the end all he's going to do is throw a fine at worst at the spurs. The spurs will take a fine and rest players any time. Sucks for Miami fans? They don't show up to watch Duncan, remember he is one of the least popular/boring players, Manu flops, tony is French, and nobody knows green. The paying fans tonight paid to see the heat beat one of the top teams in the west, pop all but handed them the victory.

And what happens IF the spurs win tonight? Where's stern going to be? I know where tv guy will be...." There's no way the heat repeat this year, they lost to the spurs without Duncan Parker or ginobili"

Old 11-29-2012, 07:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Stern is gonna go all Obama on us and over reach his power with some executive orders?

Laughable!

What's he gonna do fine pop? Pop doesn't care, suspend him? He doesn't need to be on the bench every game. He can't hand the spurs a loss, change a playoff seed so in the end all he's going to do is throw a fine at worst at the spurs. The spurs will take a fine and rest players any time. Sucks for Miami fans? They don't show up to watch Duncan, remember he is one of the least popular/boring players, Manu flops, tony is French, and nobody knows green. The paying fans tonight paid to see the heat beat one of the top teams in the west, pop all but handed them the victory.

And what happens IF the spurs win tonight? Where's stern going to be? I know where tv guy will be...." There's no way the heat repeat this year, they lost to the spurs without Duncan Parker or ginobili"

The NBA is a entertainment business and fans who paid for a ticket tonight or anyone who pays to have cable should be able to see the Spurs star players on the court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball