Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
there is talk of pau to toronto for bargnani and calderon. both of which would help the lakers but toronto isnt getting much in return. the lakers would need to throw in someone else for $ and earl clarks contract fits well.

amnestied players salary does not count toward the cap. you have to pay the salary but it doesnt go toward cap/tax. so the lakers could amnesty pau and that 19+ would come off their cap/tax bill. i dont see it happening though. the bright spot would be another team not over the cap would pick him up in an instant and the lakers would even cut down on his 19+ salary. kinda like scola, and the rockets/suns.
Yeah, someone would def. pick up Pau off amnesty.
That 19million is going to cost the Lakers another 50million in salary tax next year (as a rough ass guess lol)...so I could see them do that as a last resort.

I think unless they can get a hugely lopsided trade that it won't improve the Lakers. Gasol is not the Lakers problem anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,952,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Just found out another TNT game at Miami tonight maybe missing a star player. damm

Carmelo wanted to dive in the stands last night like a fool to save a ball and injured himself by cutting his finger and may not play tonight

So this will be the second TNT game in a row that a star player from the opposing team may not play against the Heat
After seeing this game, do you believe what I said about Miami now?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,901,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
After seeing this game, do you believe what I said about Miami now?

Maybe they are just bored with the regular season and feel that money time is in April to June. As long as they have Lebron James I won't count them out

Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,016,952 times
Quote:
Just found out another TNT game at Miami tonight maybe missing a star player. damm

Carmelo wanted to dive in the stands last night like a fool to save a ball and injured himself by cutting his finger and may not play tonight

So this will be the second TNT game in a row that a star player from the opposing team may not play against the Heat
Yeah, b/c actually giving 100% effort and going all out is a bad thing (especially by a player who has a rep for not always giving maximum effort) in a tight game. I was watching that game, and Charlotte had the Bricks on the ropes when Anthony did that w/about 2 1/2 min. to go. From there on out, they played stellar defense leading up to JR Smith's buzzer beater to win that game.

Oh, and they did just fine w/out him last night routing the cHeat in Miami too!

D. Wade is showing signs that the injuries are starting to take their toll on his body, could see him being a role player within a couple more seasons. He had a terrible night scoring 13 on 3-13 shooting and a lovely +/- of -33!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Maybe they are just bored with the regular season and feel that money time is in April to June. As long as they have Lebron James I won't count them out
I don't know about bored but they might be coasting. A lot of veteran teams have done this....come into the playoffs and then start cranking on people.

They are still 12-5, 2nd in the east....it's not like they are 8-11 or something so I think there is a whole lot of over-reacting going on.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM

432 posts, read 607,900 times
I'm guessing when it comes to the knicks, the heat can't beat them. Even at home WO Melo...

Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
I'm guessing when it comes to the knicks, the heat can't beat them. Even at home WO Melo...
I'm still in shock at how well the Knicks are playing.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM

432 posts, read 607,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm still in shock at how well the Knicks are playing.
Raymond Felton has been playing excellent but to tell the truth, when the playoffs come that will all change

Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,901,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't know about bored but they might be coasting. A lot of veteran teams have done this....come into the playoffs and then start cranking on people.

They are still 12-5, 2nd in the east....it's not like they are 8-11 or something so I think there is a whole lot of over-reacting going on.

Unless they can beat the Heat in May what's happening right now mean absolutely nothing. And by the way, the Knicks style of play is not championship basketball and their coach is too stupid to realize that.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,046,600 times
Ugh!!!! Dish network has the rockets at spurs blacked out, even with dish network!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball