Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I actually like the idea of having Kevin Martin or Jeremy Lamb standing by the three point line. Russell Westbrook can now drive to the hole and kick it out to more than one shooter.

I think the Rockets are going to find out Jeremy Lin and James Harden aren't worth the money...
OKC better hope that Lamb turns into half the player Harden is. His floor is an absolute bust... And that Toronto pick could be pick 14. OKC threw away their Finals chances this year in hopes of the future. Harden was the one who carried the rock at the end of games and controlled the tempo. He broke down the Mavs and Spurs. Westbrook has probably the worst basketball iq inthe league. He is a dumb basketball player and okc will never win with his decision making and Durant is too much of a puss to demand the ball. Westbrook is Steve Francis 2.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
OKC better hope that Lamb turns into half the player Harden is. His floor is an absolute bust... And that Toronto pick could be pick 14. OKC threw away their Finals chances this year in hopes of the future. Harden was the one who carried the rock at the end of games and controlled the tempo. He broke down the Mavs and Spurs. Westbrook has probably the worst basketball iq inthe league. He is a dumb basketball player and okc will never win with his decision making and Durant is too much of a puss to demand the ball. Westbrook is Steve Francis 2.0.
I bet OKC still makes the finals again next year. James Harden and Kevin Martin is pretty much a wash, and Jeremy Lamb is the best of them all. The team has another guard(Reggie Jackson), but for some reason he doesn't play much.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I bet OKC will still make the finals again this year. James Harden and Keven Martin is pretty much a wash, and Jeremy Lamb will be the best of all.
How is Harden and Martin a wash? All Martin can do is score, and he is good off the ball. Harden plays better defense, is a playmaker, can create his own shot and does everything else Martin can do. Martin is about to be 30 and Harden just turned 23. Only thing Martin can replicate from Harden is scoring, but even then, he dsappears in the fourth. Martin will routinely have 24 points, one rebound, and nothing else except turnovers. You can't hand the ball to Martin in the fourth and hope for something good to happen like they did with Harden.

Jeremy Lamb has nice potential, but a ton of players have potential. No one knows who he will be yet, so you can't say he is the best of them all when he had one minute of NBA play, and looked like the third worstrokie in Rockets preseason.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 AM

341 posts, read 802,813 times
Quote:
I bet OKC still makes the finals again next year. James Harden and Kevin Martin is pretty much a wash, and Jeremy Lamb is the best of them all. The team has another guard(Reggie Jackson), but for some reason he doesn't play much.
James Harden and Kevin Martin, a wash. Go ask Durant, he is going to find out how unselfish Harden was and how much Martin is a liability on defense, his shot selections. Martin is playing for a contract, I expect him to be 100% committed this season, so definitley he'll improved. When Rockets lost against Blazers, they lost because they shot 35%, back-to back game and people forget Harden was on the team for less than a week (the last play of the 4th quarter which could of won it, a lost play). I expect Harden to be top 10 scorer.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodwings19 View Post
James Harden and Kevin Martin, a wash. Go ask Durant, he is going to find out how unselfish Harden was and how much Martin is a liability on defense, his shot selections. Martin is playing for a contract, I expect him to be 100% committed this season, so definitley he'll improved. When Rockets lost against Blazers, they lost because they shot 35%, back-to back game and people forget Harden was on the team for less than a week (the last play of the 4th quarter which could of won it, a lost play). I expect Harden to be top 10 scorer.
And a lot of those shots were point blank layups that rolled out. Harden will average 27-30ppg this year.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 AM

612 posts, read 843,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post

Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
all i will say again is teams dont make decisions like this based on a single series, or 2-3 games. they would be foolish to think like that, especially in the case of a #3 option who was guarded by one of the best perimeter defenders in the league on the biggest stage of the season when he is only 22-23 years old. teams just dont do that. now had he sucked ALL playoffs then maybe but not one series, just doesnt happen. and sam presti is one of the absolute best in the business he isnt blowing up a trio of that. remember he came from san antonio where the big three was invented, where the "star off the bench" was invented, where he learned how important chemistry is over just numbers. morey in houston has been trying to build a title contender "by the numbers" money ball style and he hasnt learned yet that the nba doenst work that way, presti is of a different school.

Harden didn't do a ton against the Lakers, either. He got to the line, but if I am Presti, I'm not paying a guy max money to go 2-11 or 4-13 against top-flight guys like Kobe or a D-Wade who are on the wrong side of 30. I think Wade was covering Westbrook as much as anyone, anyway. But, the Rockets did, so I guess they'll get to find out what Harden is made of now that he gets to tote the rock and he's not feeding off of Durant and Westbrook, but hoping Asik can find the hoop or Parson can hit a free throw once in a while...

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
With Eric Maynor back, he wont play much. Maynor is a quality backup guard and, him combined with Martin, may offset the loss of Harden some. Im not saying they are better than Harden, just that between the two you have a ball handler behind Westbrook and a scorer in Martin. Maynor was injured most of last season.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:52 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Bump.

Rockets with a 2.5 game lead with 8 games left to play.

Looks like they have the inside line on the playoffs.

Last game of the season vs. lakers, might be a winner-take-all game.

Gotta give credit to the Rockets for cobbling together a bunch of new pieces and being on the verge of making the playoffs in the tough west.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:55 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bump.

Rockets with a 2.5 game lead with 8 games left to play.

Looks like they have the inside line on the playoffs.

Last game of the season vs. lakers, might be a winner-take-all game.

Gotta give credit to the Rockets for cobbling together a bunch of new pieces and being on the verge of making the playoffs in the tough west.
Even won a couple of games without Harden. I did not expect McHale to do this well coming out of Minnesota where had had very little success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball