Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Laker hater!

Actually I don't think Bynum being injury probe isn't a sign of how "good" he is. I would still say when both players are on the court and focused Bynum is equal if not better. The question is if Bynum can stay on the court AND be motivated!
I'll take a strong work ethic over raw talent anytime. It's definitely a measurement in the "good" factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 04:27 PM

266 posts, read 410,525 times
If Bynum injures himself bowling how can we expect him to play basketball? The worse part is the doctor who said his knees are worse now then they were in the summer. Idk how your knees get worse when you've been doing nothing. The most telling thing is when Bynums interviewed or they show him on the bench. I understand he can't play bc he's injured but it seems like hes perfectly content with sitting on that bench all year. Every interview he has a huge smile on his face. I'm sure Derek Rose is not a happy camper right now. I'm beginning to think Bynum is not gonna play at all this season. Part of me feels like this is Bynums dream just sitting on the bench all season getting paid.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
Only thing I could pay attention to was how short the shorts were the chick had on in one of the pictures.

Doesn't matter how talented you are if you have poor work ethic. I wonder how many Bynum stories will come out from his former teammates in the coming years. Looks like the Lakers got a pretty good deal.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:56 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Looks like the Lakers got a pretty good deal.
Yep. They make very very smart front office decisions for the most part.

You look around the league at teams like them, the Spurs and a couple others and you can tell which teams are generally well run.

Then you can look at Cleveland, Orlando, the Knicks and not so much....

Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'll take a strong work ethic over raw talent anytime. It's definitely a measurement in the "good" factor.
Yeah I think you stepped into me and maths conversation and missed the sarcasm.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
The Philly sports media was saying all summer how the Sixers will challenge the Miami heat in the Eastern Conference Finals-LOL

I didn't think he would be that much of a impact if he played because if he was that good they would have beat OKC in the 2nd round

Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It boggles the mind how the average person is afraid to get sick because they'll lose their job, but a lazy athlete can keep his millions of dollars per year when he gets hurt bowling while supposedly recovering from injury.
I think part of injury came from the shots he got in Germany, like Kobe gets. Bynum is in the final year year of his contract, he won't get a max contract next year if he doesn't play this year. He is only screwing himself and the Sixers much like that piece of trash Chris Webber did, except Webber got 37 million to walk away.

The Sixers can pick up Greg Oden next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball