U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times

Advertisements

turns out he is suing his old neighbors basically calling them racists. they have a different story.

Quote:
If you thought things were bad for Andrew Bynum in Philadelphia, where he has been the subject of intense media scrutiny and speculation as he attempts to return from knee surgery, wait until you hear about what the big man is going through in Los Angeles.

TMZ reported Thursday that Bynum is suing his next door neighbors in the Westchester neighborhood outside Los Angeles, Raymond and Cindy Beckett, claiming that they "object" to his "profession, his race, his friends, his cars, and his taste in music."

Bynum claims the Becketts were immature in their treatment of him, throwing coins at his Ferrari, screaming at him about his music and banging the side of his house with "a long stick."
and their side of the story

Quote:
Court reports from the Los Angeles County Superior Court indicate that Bynum filed his lawsuit on June 1, and 10 days later the Becketts countersued. According to USA Today, the Becketts called Bynum a "great basketball player and a terrible neighbor." They go on to write the following:

"Bynum has demonstrated open contempt for the Becketts specifically and for the neighborhood generally by blasting loud, profane, and disrespectful music and video games at window-shaking volumes; by letting his dogs run loose through the neighborhood; by apparently engaging in illegal drug use and permitting marijuana smoke to drift into the Becketts' backyard; by constructing a fence on his property which is not in compliance with the community codes and regulations; by conspicuously brandishing firearms in an attempt to threaten and intimidate the Becketts in retaliation for their legitimate complaints; and, perhaps most seriously, by recklessly racing his luxury cars through the neighborhood at dangerous speeds where children or others could be injured or killed."
dude actually called THEM immature lmao.
gotta say the lakers look smarter and smarter from ditching that guy (man now i have to go wash my hands with sulfuric acid for typing the lakers look smart!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM

1,742 posts, read 5,000,580 times
If only he was blasting Mozart loudly I'm sure they wouldn't be upset

Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
If only he was blasting Mozart loudly I'm sure they wouldn't be upset
maybe he should have offered to pass the weed, and take them shooting too. i bet they are made he didnt take them for a ride in his ferrari, that has to be it!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,590,969 times
I've heard of things like this before. I think it does boil down to race. Wealthy white people like this have probably never interacted with a young black male. Bynum probably acted like any young person would by having his friends come over, playing video games, blasting rap music, smoking weed. This happens in apartment buildings and in houses across America. But when it happens in a million dollar neighborhood then it's a problem. Those people live in that neighborhood to escape that problem, that's why I think they were ticked off. NIMBY

Last edited by ma5cmpb; 11-30-2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Errors

Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 AM

9,197 posts, read 14,022,686 times
Rich white people problems.
Dude does need to get his crew under control, if they're messing around. It's usually the guests that screw things up for the owner.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM

What I find funny is the people semi defending Bynum on this. He filed a lawsuit because his neighbors asked him to turn the volume down, slow down around the kids, and stop blowing the pot smoke in their yard.

Last I checked that's just called being a good neighbor.

He's suing them! Lmao. Only an idiot would sue someone for asking you to turn your music down.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,590,969 times
I've heard of things like this before from black people who move into predominantly white neighborhoods. You have to remember that white people who into those neighborhoods do so to get away from black people, especially in million dollar neighborhoods. While being in California they might have some older black folks move in like Denzel or will smith but I bet they didn't expect a 18-21 year old single black man to move in.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM

The premis that white people move to places like this to get away from black people is just dumb. Not everything is about the color of skin. I'm a white wealthy business owner, married to a Hispanic woman, we moved to a nice part of town to raise my son in a good school where crime is low. We live in a place that if any person regardless of skin color were doing as mr Bynum I would be complaining as well. I have thrown rocks at speeders on my street, you haul ass down my street while my kid (or any other) is outside and I'll put a rock right in the middle of your windshield.

The fact that mr Bynum (and some here) seem to want to push this as a racial issue and not a quality of life, imposition on neighbors, or just plain being an arsehole is exactly the reason racist and racial tensions continue to divide this country. Stop trying to put it in the white man wants to get away from the ghetto black man and look at it for what it is, Andrew Bynum is a douchebag neighbor who has no respect for anyone around him, and because of his immaturity and sense of entitlement he because of his physical abilities he thinks its not him, it's obviously the racist white guy living next door who just hates him for his skin color and not because of his obvious douchbaggery!

Last edited by rigas; 11-30-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Old 11-30-2012, 01:17 PM

3,007 posts, read 5,106,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The premis that white people move to places like this to get away from black people is just dumb. Not everything is about the color of skin. I'm a white wealthy business owner, married to a Hispanic woman, we moved to a nine part of town to raise my son in a good school where crime is low. We live in a place that if any person regardless of skin color were doing as mr Bynum I would be complaining as well. I have thrown rocks at speeders on my street, you haul ass down my street while my kid (or any other) is outside and I'll put a rock right in the middle of your windshield.

The fact that me Bynum (and some here) seem to want to push this as a racial issue and not a quality of life, imposition on neighbors, or just plain being an arsehole is exactly the reason racist and racial tensions continue to divide this country. Stop trying to put it in the white man wants to get away from the ghetto black man and look at it for what it is, Andrew Bynum is a douchebag neighbor who has no respect for anyone around him, and because of his immaturity and sense of entitlement he because of his physical abilities he thinks its not him, it's obviously the racist white guy living next door who just hates him for his skin color and not because of his obvious douchbaggery!
This 100%.

Bynum was a punk on the court as well and I'm glad the Lakers got rid of him.

This isn't a racial issue by any means, act like a jerk and you'll eventually get called out on it.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:49 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,003,351 times
I'm black and I don't know what to think about this in terms of who is right or wrong.

There is a misconception that only blacks smoke weed.

In rich white areas, the white kids spoke weed as much as anybody.

But I'm wondering how Skip Bayless feels about Bynum now???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball