Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
They gave up 40 points in the 2nd quarter.

Westbrook effectively destroyed them. Then in the 2nd half Durant took over.
^^^I laughed at the idea that the Lakers were suddenly a threat to OKC after the trades. They have NOBODY that can remotely guard either one of those guys at this stage in their careers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
They'll usually do that, until the first sign of trouble.

They'll bring their "A" game vs good teams, and get manhandled by teams like the Jazz; teams they should beat without question.

I didn't mind the OKC loss despite that 2nd quarter and lack of D. The Lakers played semi-tough; just like they did against the loss vs the Spurs.

But that's like 2 losses that were acceptable out of the 12 they have.

If it's not TOs, it's lack of D. If it's not lack of D, its getting offensive boards. If it's not rebounds then its, lack of hustle and energy.

So right now they're in a grey area where a good PG should create more opportunities, but that PG is hurt. So all practices should be defensive drills; covering spots, helping out and getting to their man; because the scoring will come.
YEah, Nash will help with balancing the scoring and of course his addition stretches the bench depth. However, Nash is a downgrade in defense.

Healthy Nash and Pau and they are a playoff team but not a threatening one.

I'm still asking everybody...>WHO< can the Lakers reasonably trade? Frankly I can't see a scenario but they've hooked suckers before.....looks towards Orlando....

Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
best season by far with the lakers losing. Feels great especially with all those laker fans who think the lakers are some team sent from god himself.

Now the playoffs can be a way more entertaining without the presence of the lakers. Golden state will happily take your spot

Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
They'll usually do that, until the first sign of trouble.

They'll bring their "A" game vs good teams, and get manhandled by teams like the Jazz; teams they should beat without question.

I didn't mind the OKC loss despite that 2nd quarter and lack of D. The Lakers played semi-tough; just like they did against the loss vs the Spurs.

But that's like 2 losses that were acceptable out of the 12 they have.

If it's not TOs, it's lack of D. If it's not lack of D, its getting offensive boards. If it's not rebounds then its, lack of hustle and energy.

So right now they're in a grey area where a good PG should create more opportunities, but that PG is hurt. So all practices should be defensive drills; covering spots, helping out and getting to their man; because the scoring will come.
i find it funny that you make the Jazz look like some wizard type, even thought the harsh reality is the lakers have never played the jazz as if they were a wizard type team.

Its always a good game between the two, and frankly the jazz are one of the only few teams who play the lakers well at staples.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
The Lakers first round draft pick is protected if it is a lottery pick. At this point, I say stay the course, and get into the lottery. Then fire D'Antoni and start fresh next year. Heck Bickerstaff has done the best so far!!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,273,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
i find it funny that you make the Jazz look like some wizard type, even thought the harsh reality is the lakers have never played the jazz as if they were a wizard type team.

Its always a good game between the two, and frankly the jazz are one of the only few teams who play the lakers well at staples.
All time:

Jazz 60 wins, Lakers 100 wins

Wizards 64 Wins, Lakers 115 wins

So yeah, the Lakers overall should win against the Jazz regardless of how close of a game it is.

Ironically, the Cavs historically put up a better winning percentage vs. the Lakers. But Irving's return embarrassed the Lakers last night and at this point, they need to start playing with no pressure and just have fun.

If Irving had been in the line-up all this time,the Cavs might have had a better record than the Lakers at this point.

That being said, the Cavs at times still looked horrible and the Lakers just mirrored them. The Lakers just had too many turnovers and didn't make their shots, 41% from the field and 25% from 3PT.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
The Lakers first round draft pick is protected if it is a lottery pick. At this point, I say stay the course, and get into the lottery. Then fire D'Antoni and start fresh next year. Heck Bickerstaff has done the best so far!!
If I'm dwight I bail on the Lakers at the end of the year.

Also, Lakers gotta cut or amnesty some people or they get to pay about 50-100mil in salary tax penalties next year.

At this point I think:
-Dwight Leaves in a sign-and-trade netting the Lakers some meh draft picks.
-Pau traded for youth\picks
-MWP amnestied.
-Kobe plays one more year after this and then starts 6th manning for championship contenders.
-Nash plays another year and retires.

Lakers are staring down the barrel of a loooooong rebuild if this happens.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm still asking everybody...>WHO< can the Lakers reasonably trade? Frankly I can't see a scenario but they've hooked suckers before.....looks towards Orlando....
Orlando made out. We killed the cancer from last year while actually obtaining something for nothing since he was bolting. 5 future picks, shaved Duhon and Richardson and their contracts, obtained a good guard in Afflalo, 2 young decent players, and some veterans with contracts they can shave soon. I like Orlando's future esp once Hedo and Arenas' amnesty is gone.

The Lakers on the other hand got a loaner. With the team sinking, I wouldn't be shock if Dwight looks elsewhere.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Orlando made out. We killed the cancer from last year while actually obtaining something for nothing since he was bolting. 5 future picks, shaved Duhon and Richardson and their contracts, obtained a good guard in Afflalo, 2 young decent players, and some veterans with contracts they can shave soon. I like Orlando's future esp once Hedo and Arenas' amnesty is gone.

The Lakers on the other hand got a loaner. With the team sinking, I wouldn't be shock if Dwight looks elsewhere.
Anything is possible at this point, talk about your "reality" TV.

I have the utmost respect for Lakers management with regards to trades, those guys are no dummies.

So *maybe* they can work some magic, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of their meetings.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Did anyone see Mike Datoni snapping after the game on the reporter? lol

"You are starting to **** me off" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball