Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,473,862 times

Advertisements

He'll stay because that is alot of $(20mil) to be left on the table if he leaves...he should've asked for a trade(when still with Orlando) months earlier to the Houston Rockets...that is gonna be a team on the rise in the next 2 -3 yrs especially with Harden...they just need a low post presence like him though i can't complain about Asik really. That guy is starting to blossom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,700,541 times
Stay and demand the Lakers put some younger, fresh legs on the Lakers

Last edited by Black Jack22; 01-04-2013 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,461,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Let me ask this question then.

If they can't trade MWP and Gasol now....what makes you think they can trade them in the off-season?
True that. Those two are worthless on the trade market. They will not be any younger come this summer, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I'd stay and work like hell on my game. I'm a lousy free-throw shooter and just not very smart. I foul too easily, am not a good passer, have no outside shot, am limited in the paint, and am considered overrated by those in the know. I need to develop some serious versatility, so I'd became a student of the game and watch great centers like Hakeem and Duncan.

This would be my central focus, not what the owners are doing in crafting a team. Just make sure I'm the best that I can be, and this includes getting my health 100%. Time to get serious instead of acting like a buffoon and a lark.
I like this. Of course, that's pretty good living if you're the alleged best center around when all his game consists of is dunks and...masses of missed freebies. I wouldn't be in a rush to improve, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
He'll stay because that is alot of $(20mil) to be left on the table if he leaves...he should've asked for a trade(when still with Orlando) months earlier to the Houston Rockets...that is gonna be a team on the rise in the next 2 -3 yrs especially with Harden...they just need a low post presence like him though i can't complain about Asik really. That guy is starting to blossom.
Not a Rocket diehard, but I wouldn't have taken that trade. He didn't want to be here and he slows the team down. Period. D'Antoni was a fool to take that job, since Howard basically makes Nash and his open-court skills all but useless. The Rockets don't turn the Bucks around like they did tonight with Hack-a-Dwight in session.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:31 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,530,105 times
Dwight will take whoever offers him the most money without expecting him to carry the team solely on his shoulders. In that respect, the Lakers are a perfect fit.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:27 PM

77,814 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Stay and demand the Lakers put some younger, fresh legs on the Lakers
How?

I keep hearing talk of trades etc. but no one wants to tell me how that's going to happen.

And remember, all those OLD legs are guaranteed through NEXT season.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The Rockets didn't have that all put together when he moved to LA.

In fact, I was ridiculed for suggesting the Rockets might even *gasp* make the playoffs this year. I made that comment a while back.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,700,541 times
Quote:
How?

I keep hearing talk of trades etc. but no one wants to tell me how that's going to happen.

And remember, all those OLD legs are guaranteed through NEXT season.
If that's the case, the Lakers are screwed for another season.

It will be so funny if D'Antoni gets fired before the season is over.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
If that's the case, the Lakers are screwed for another season.

It will be so funny if D'Antoni gets fired before the season is over.
Yeah. I agree with you there on all accounts.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,577,030 times
The question is what teams will have the cap space to sign Howard in the off season? And of those teams, which will he actually want to play with? I know Dallas will have the space. But I'm not sure who else would.

Also, I don't think the Lakers will be able to do a sign and trade involving Howard this off season. So the only way he gets the extra year of a new contract is if he signs with LA. He may be willing to let the extra money go just to get out of town.

So the only way Dwight leaves the Lakers is as a free agent this summer. With trades being out of the picture his options are really limited. Would he be willing to take less per year as a free agent when he is already giving up a 5th year?

Lastly, his back plays a key role in this. If Howard is concerned with long term back issues he should want the most lucrative and secure deal he can get. That would mean staying with the Lakers. It will be really interesting to see how this all plays out.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,473,862 times
Quote:
The Rockets didn't have that all put together when he moved to LA.

In fact, I was ridiculed for suggesting the Rockets might even *gasp* make the playoffs this year. I made that comment a while back.
Yeah...in a way i kinda like the Rocket's roster. They're obviously not the best team, but one of the most exciting teams this year. They will run some teams out of the building with their fast paced style. They are the youngest team as well as the highest scoring team(106 pts/game) in the league. I like the current development of their young players, so i kinda don't really care anymore about them getting Howard unless he specifically states this summer about wanting to be in Houston. Otherwise, i like the team as is though they need another PF star(LaMarcus Aldridge i hope) to take the team on another level. At least now they're on track to make the playoffs being the 6th seed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball