Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
And the Knicks can beat any of those teams including the Heat
Knicks have never matched up well against the Bulls....and the Bulls are breathing down thier neck in the standings.

......and Derek Rose hasn't played yet this season.

With Rose back, I think the Bulls and Heat are the ECF match-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
The Knicks live and die by the three point shot because they have a stupid coach and will not go far in the playoffs. Launching up one three after another is called......."Saturday basketball at the Gym"

Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Knicks live and die by the three point shot because they have a stupid coach and will not go far in the playoffs. Launching up one three after another is called......."Saturday basketball at the Gym"

You must be a 76'er fan and jealous of us, because we're in first place. The Knicks have a high basketball IQ so I don;t know what you're talking about.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
FBJ

Quote:
You must be a 76'er fan and jealous of us, because we're in first place. The Knicks have a high basketball IQ so I don;t know what you're talking about.

How do you think a team can win by just shooting three's and hoping they go in? I see no ball movement at all when the Knicks are on the offensive side of the floor just one pass and shoot. Whatever team gets that 7th spot maybe trouble for the Knicks

Boston
Milwaukee

Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
The Knicks are 8-7 since Christmas, Brooklyn might catch them before it's over at this rate.

Baby steps though, if the Knicks can win a playoff series or win thier division that would be a major step forward to a franchise that's been run into the ground by the Dolans.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
How do you think a team can win by just shooting three's and hoping they go in? I see no ball movement at all when the Knicks are on the offensive side of the floor just one pass and shoot. Whatever team gets that 7th spot maybe trouble for the Knicks

Boston
Milwaukee
I'd be good money the Knicks aren't the 2nd seed come playoff time.

I'm thinking something more in the middle.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Knicks are 8-7 since Christmas, Brooklyn might catch them before it's over at this rate.

Baby steps though, if the Knicks can win a playoff series or win thier division that would be a major step forward to a franchise that's been run into the ground by the Dolans.

Yeah they will be either the 2 seed or 4 seed if the Nets catch them. Still don't know why the Bulls is not the number 2 seed since they have the second best record. Never liked that rule that whoever wins the Atlantic Division is number 2

Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd be good money the Knicks aren't the 2nd seed come playoff time.

I'm thinking something more in the middle.

I feel the same way, their style of play will have other teams catch up

Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:

Eaaaasy...no team with JR Smith on the roster can claim that. Maybe even Melo still. Also, any team--a la Chicago--that can rough them up causes them to meltdown. You know this.

Never mind that the Knicks don't rebound well and have no inside presence on offense.

That way works when they're playing the Bullets (yeah, I called them that) or Kings, but not in the postseason where everyone pretty much plays good "D".

Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Yeah they will be either the 2 seed or 4 seed if the Nets catch them. Still don't know why the Bulls is not the number 2 seed since they have the second best record. Never liked that rule that whoever wins the Atlantic Division is number 2
That's not how the seedings work.

NBA Playoffs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The team that has the best record in each of the three divisions in each conference is declared division champion. The three champions, and another team in the conference with the best record, are seeded one through four by their records. This guarantees that the division champions will be no lower than fourth seed, and also ensures that a conference's two best teams (by record) are ranked as the top two
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball