Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors - Box Score - January 20, 2013 - ESPN

Jesus Kobe.

10/32 shooting....something like 24 shots in the 2nd half....more turnovers than either assists or rebounds....

He shot more 3 pointers (12) than anyone else on the team took shots except Pau's 15 shots.

opposing team shot OVER 54%.

Let's be honest people. Kobe has given up on this team.

He wants the scoring title....he knows they are doomed and has said f*ck you I'm on my own.

Basically, and please please bump this thread.....I predict a lot of bad years for the lakers while Kobe finishes up his career chasing the scoring title.

Dwight is an idiot if he re-signs with them and expects to see the finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
I see someone like LeBron and am starting to see why he is such a better player than Kobe.

Kobe is great but his downfall is trying to win games on his own. He's not driving as much and is overall much slower now.

Today's game was horrendous. I only saw the last quarter because the game started at 10:00am where I'm at and I just forgot about it.

But I don't think Kobe has given up, he just takes over when they get down. And the Lakers have been down a lot this year.

Dwight... I don't know. I still like him, but I feel that there are disconnects all around. Systems , chemistry , age and a changing West. When the Lakers lose to teams like the raptors (at this point in the season) it makes me think that they should just blow up the team and start over.

Maybe in two years the Lakers can pick up someone like Kyrie Irving ....

Guh...

Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Beat me to it math!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
DH only cares about big market glory and $$$. After all, it's not like he wanted the Nets so bad because he thought they'd win a championship...he wanted to be the man in NY. If he doesn't re-sign with the Lakers, it's because his ego doesn't mesh with Kobe's.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
DH only cares about big market glory and $$$. After all, it's not like he wanted the Nets so bad because he thought they'd win a championship...he wanted to be the man in NY. If he doesn't re-sign with the Lakers, it's because his ego doesn't mesh with Kobe's.
Silly argument. I've been hard on Howard for his immaturity but this is a ridiculous argument. Trying to take the blame off Kobe.......

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
I'm a Raptors fan and all, and granted I know the Lakers suck right now, but them losing to Toronto is pretty bad.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
I see someone like LeBron and am starting to see why he is such a better player than Kobe.

Kobe is great but his downfall is trying to win games on his own. He's not driving as much and is overall much slower now.

Today's game was horrendous. I only saw the last quarter because the game started at 10:00am where I'm at and I just forgot about it.

But I don't think Kobe has given up, he just takes over when they get down. And the Lakers have been down a lot this year.

Dwight... I don't know. I still like him, but I feel that there are disconnects all around. Systems , chemistry , age and a changing West. When the Lakers lose to teams like the raptors (at this point in the season) it makes me think that they should just blow up the team and start over.

Maybe in two years the Lakers can pick up someone like Kyrie Irving ....

Guh...

Lebron isn't better than Kobe. The Heat are much better because they're a much younger team.

Kobe in his prime was just as good if not better than Lebron.

Kobe's on his last legs right now.

Kobe just doesn't care anymore, he wants the scoring title.

The Lakers are history.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors - Box Score - January 20, 2013 - ESPN

Jesus Kobe.

10/32 shooting....something like 24 shots in the 2nd half....more turnovers than either assists or rebounds....

He shot more 3 pointers (12) than anyone else on the team took shots except Pau's 15 shots.

opposing team shot OVER 54%.

Let's be honest people. Kobe has given up on this team.

He wants the scoring title....he knows they are doomed and has said f*ck you I'm on my own.

Basically, and please please bump this thread.....I predict a lot of bad years for the lakers while Kobe finishes up his career chasing the scoring title.

Dwight is an idiot if he re-signs with them and expects to see the finals.
Hahaha, the Lakers are finished.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Hahaha, the Lakers are finished.
I was actually starting to think they could make the playoffs with Houstons epic meltdown opening the door.

Then they go and have a game like that against one of the worst teams in the league.

Heck, if it were just an off shooting night or something, I get that, it happens.

But that was just an epic chuck-fest and a pretty selfish move.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM

commentators spent a lot of time talking about kobes tired legs. are all those minutes so far this season, you know playing hero adding up already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball