U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM

833 posts, read 956,081 times

Advertisements

The Heat are a major threat to break the Lakers all time NBA winning streak of 33 straight. They have won 20 straight as of last night...to break the record they need to go 14-0 against these teams:

at Bucks
at Raptors
at Celtics
at Cavaliers
Pistons
Bobcats
at Magic
at Bulls
at Hornets
at Spurs
Knicks
at Bobcats
76ers
Bucks

As a Lakers fan its beginning to irritate me..but its all good because the Heats Top Dog is Riles.

Anyone want to go on a limb? Will this record be broken?

IMHO..its a tough road, if they do it..they earned it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 PM

26,346 posts, read 83,000,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
The Heat are a major threat to the Lakers all time NBA winning streak of 33 straight. They have won 20 straight as of last night...to break the record they need to go 14-0 against these teams:

at Bucks
at Raptors
at Celtics
at Cavaliers
Pistons
Bobcats
at Magic
at Bulls
at Hornets
at Spurs
Knicks
at Bobcats
76ers
Bucks

As a Lakers fan its beginning to irritate me..but its all good because the Heats Top Dog is Riles.

Anyone want to go on a limb? Will this record be broken?

IMHO..its a tough road, if they do it..they earned it!!
Less than 5% chance they'll break it.

Doubt they'll beat SA in SA. (Oddly remember how Miami defeated the Bears in the Bears great season in the 1980s.)

I've been a Laker fan since about 1971 and I vividly remember watching them lose to Milwaukee to end the streak. They finally won it that year too. Riley was on that Laker team.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Less than 5% chance they'll break it.

Doubt they'll beat SA in SA. (Oddly remember how Miami defeated the Bears in the Bears great season in the 1980s.)

I've been a Laker fan since about 1971 and I vividly remember watching them lose to Milwaukee to end the streak. They finally won it that year too. Riley was on that Laker team.
Sweet, us Lakers fans, are lifetime friends

Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
I think the streak will end on Friday against the Bucks or on Monday against the Celtics because of how they struggled with the pitiful sixers in philly last night

Old 03-15-2013, 06:46 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,409 times
They won't, and it will likely be a loss to someone they have no business losing to. Let's not forget also that Houston won 22 in a row back in 2008, before losing to the eventual champion Celtics....

Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
^^^^This.

In fact chasing this as opposed to maybe resting the stars a bit heading into the playoffs would be just dumb.

It's not going to happen IMO....but I'm sure you can put $20 down on it.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:07 AM

With the exception of the Celtics, Bulls, Spurs and Knicks, thats a mediocre schedule. That said winning 14 straight AFTER winning 20 straight is a tall order.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,645,983 times
They definitely seem to coast against lesser teams. I think it's going to catch up with them. They have barely escaped a few games (Sixers, Magic, Cavs). You can't do that every night and win. They have been impressive, but I don't believe they will break their backs to break this streak. They are definitely aiming for being ready for the playoffs.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
With the exception of the Celtics, Bulls, Spurs and Knicks, thats a mediocre schedule. That said winning 14 straight AFTER winning 20 straight is a tall order.
That's just it though, it's always the 'mediocre' team that is overlooked that you have to be careful of and make no mistake, every team on their schedule is going to be extra motivated to end the streak. In the grand scheme of it, I'm not sure it's terribly important; the ultimate goal is to win the championship.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
That's just it though, it's always the 'mediocre' team that is overlooked that you have to be careful of and make no mistake, every team on their schedule is going to be extra motivated to end the streak. In the grand scheme of it, I'm not sure it's terribly important; the ultimate goal is to win the championship.
exactly you cant take anything for granted in the NBA, its a long season and despite what the records are, some nights some teams will have fresher legs or are more motivated etc. .. as impressive as this streak is, you cant lose sight of the ultimate goal. They certainly look playoff ready now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball